Stoner 4 Ever's Low Budget Auto Fem Journal

stoner 4 ever

Here is a synopsis of my situation Is it worth the effort?
Grow Space--Closet 53" deep, 43" wide, 7' tall with oscillating fan on plants, humidifier.
Mission--Growing no more than 2 plants at a time.
Strain--Unknown, these are the freebies I got with my order, I've lost my list of the freebies I was getting so I dont know what strain these are. I wanted to see how my 1st grow went before I grew the Auto#1, the seeds I payed for.
Vegging since Dec 28, 2012
Indoor grow
Soil--Miracle Grow
Container--Flower pot 8" diameter, 7" tall.
Lighting--Currently 2 100 watt CFLs' hanging just above the plants. Adding at least 2 CFLs' very soon.
Room temp--69-83 degrees.
RH--30%-60%.
No pests.
Watering-- New veggies, last water Dec 28, 2012.
Fertilizers-- none used so far, Flora Nova Grow & Bloom recommended.
Doing alot of reading :reading420magazine: on auto fem growing, so much information! I have 2 seedlings within a 1" space, apparently a seed I had written off as a dud sprouted after I had planted another in the same area. 1 of them is doing well, 4 leaves so far, one on each side of sprout, stem is 1" tall. The weaker seedling has 2 leaves and is 1/4" tall. My plan was to transplant one plant once they had grown some, now thinking maybe pull out smaller plant? Will it hinder the growth of the larger plant?

ADMIN: Please delete this journal, I do not have a camera for pictures, thank you.-stoner4ever
ADMIN: Disregard the above post, I will continue with my journal w/out pictures.
Bought FloraNova Grow & Bloom and 2 double sockets to double my lighting. Also got a ph kit, I will go to work after mom is in bed.
I have two seedlings very close to each other, one is flourishing the other not so much. Dare I try to move the smaller one?

glad to see your keeping the grow journal stoner, now with the seedings its probly not going to be a good idea to grow them in the same pot. youll find further on your going to run into alot of problems.. i would suggest very very very carefully as carefully as one can be seperating them into to different pots , if that in fact is not possible i would suggest finding a way to seperate the soil in the pot and in some kind of way make a makeshift under ground wall to divide the pot into two chambers. but again i would only do that if this was the ONLY option.

But before doing any of that could u describe in a bit more detail what problems u see with weaker seedling are

GoodJob Stoner:high-five: :peace:

glad to see your keeping the grow journal stoner, now with the seedings its probly not going to be a good idea to grow them in the same pot. youll find further on your going to run into alot of problems.. i would suggest very very very carefully as carefully as one can be seperating them into to different pots , if that in fact is not possible i would suggest finding a way to seperate the soil in the pot and in some kind of way make a makeshift under ground wall to divide the pot into two chambers. but again i would only do that if this was the ONLY option.

But before doing any of that could u describe in a bit more detail what problems u see with weaker seedling are

GoodJob Stoner:high-five: :peace:
I forgot to mention the pot is 8" wide 7" deep, could I grow 2 in a pot that size? The weaker seedling only has 2 leaves and is half as tall as the other. It is green just small. But it is less than 1" from the larger plant.
Just added less than 1/8 tsp FloraNova Grow nute to 1/4 gallon water. ph about 6. Increased lighting to 3 1650 lumen cfl, will have 4 tomorrow after I take broken bulb back to Lowes. Alright girls lets go!!!!

I bought two goose neck lamps at the Salvation Army store for $2 apiece. My girls are still kinda small but I think the lamps will work well for my setup. One lamp has one socket the other three sockets, right now I only need to use two 1650 lumen bulbs and with the flexible necks(?) I have one adjusted directly over my big girl and a few centimeters above her, like an upside down cup but neither touching the soil nor the plant. It seems to be working very well, I went in to talk to her just now and the leaves are much larger and she grew two more leaves wooo hooo! :thumb:
I dont think I've seen anyone post about using goose neck lamps, with my small 1 or 2 plant grow I think they will work great. Even when my girls get taller I can put the lamps on some books to elevate the light to be above them. I'm stoked!:yahoo: Grease for peace:winkyface: -stoner4ever

She's bushing up nicely, not alot of height yet (3") but shortness might be a trait of the strain. She was planted 12/28, unknown strain.
I might have slightly overdone the nutes this time, getting some yellowing at tips of leaves. I'm just gonna keep a eye on her for now and see if she'll recover herself. Two 1650 lumen cfl's seem to be working, I'm only using 2 of the 4 available bulbs so far. Two lights cover her nicely, one goose neck lamp directly above her and one lying on the soil with a reflector lighting the sides and lower areas. I'm nervous about adding nutes, last feeding I had a little trouble getting the ph right, I had to use ph up then down b/c I guess I added too much nute, using FloraNova Grow, 1/8 of a teaspoon. She only needs water every 4-5 days, I wondering if I should add nutes every watering or every other watering, jeez I dont want to do any harm now. To recap, closet grow, humidifier and ocillating fan, temps 70-82, rh 29-45%.
11112_13dayold.jpg

i found that when you are first starting to introduce your plants into nutes its always a safe idea to start them at 1/4 dosage of what the recomended usage is then slowly every water up it and up it untill she seems adjusted. shes not looking too bad my friend :goodjob:

jj

Looking Great Stoner , only thing u need to adjust is the RH needs to be a bit higher for veging 40-65% should be good.

The news is not good. I found a couple of old friends in a forum that specializes in autofems and I've been hanging out there a little bit trying to fix her. Over a few days she developed some yellowing of leaves, and some have small brown spots, and some are turning brownish on the edges. They think its a magnesium and/or nitro deficiency or fert lockout. I am watching her carefully and hopeing she'll recover. I' m considering trying make her flower and harvesting whatever buds I can and restart from seed. I'm very busy with life right now and only get to spend 2-3 hours with her. She is growing upward and bushing nicely so I'm hopeing she might recover. So there it is, I'll update when I can. Hows yours going JJ?

It appears that whatever was causing my leaves to yellow and have brown edges has been fixed, I dont know exactly what fixed it I feed her only water until now and watched carefully. I checked my tap water ph, its 6.0 so thats pretty handy.
She seems to have quit growing heightwise tho, she's 9" tall with a 13" spread from leave tip to leaf tip, shes looking pretty good to me, her 4th week ends Jan 25th . I suppose it could be her strain that has stopped her growing, I dont know her strain. I'm thinking of starting the Bloom nutes so I can hopefully get some buds off her soon, does this sound like a good idea?
I am really jonesen for a buzz!!!

good shes looking up! im not too sure with autos as ive never growing one before at all so im not sure about nutes and how they transition from veg to flower , i know that non auto flowers get a big stretch going on as the flower and its a C*nt to watch :D but it only lasts about two weeks

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?
Oh damn I forgot this thread, sorry. I've grown or tried to grow 2 plants since this posting. The 1st plant produced about a half oz, I couldnt resist I started cutting early, I hadnt had meds in months and had alot of shit going on in my life. The quality of the meds was very good, maybe cuz I hadnt had any for awhile. I dont know what the strain was cuz my stupid ass brother got ahold of the seeds and mixed everything up.
My 2nd grow was a disaster!! I had alot of nute problems and didnt care to do anything about it (depression) so she pretty much died and I got what I could from her, maybe a quarter of an oz and the quality was terrible but it was my fault.
I just started a 3rd grow using only organics this time, she broke ground July 1st and shes looking good so far, I think she is AK1. I've switched to Epsoma Organic Potting Soil and Fish Emulsion 5-1-1. I went to buy Perlite but grabbed the wrong bag and got Horticultural Vermiculite instead. From the info on the bag it seems to be similar to Perlite so I mixed it with the soil it seems to be working.
As far as my crazy ass setup in my closet, it works better than I thought it would. The CFLs (5 1650 lumens) seems to work fine but mine are all feminzed auto flower so I think lighting time isnt as important as with non auto flower. To keep the temp down I light 12 on 12 off. I dont think I've made any changes in my grow method from what I posted originally. I'll try to remember to post back here now and then.

Back
Top Bottom