BlinKey's Indoor - Coco Mix - Fem White Diesel Haze Auto Grow Journal - 2014

I noticed a question about nutrients !

You suggested that grow/bloom & micro where all be used together ?

Would you mind adding some details about them please aka brand, organic, mineral based & whether they are suitable for coco coir, soil or hydro based systems !

Coco coir has a slight habit with Ca & Mg problems more so with untreated coir & that some nutrients may not be suitable ?

Just an area which needs too be covered before ya get to far a head & suspect problems in the future :peace:

I first started off with soil grows but it was to hard and unpredictable in my case and early on I adapted to coco mix. The nutrients that I use are Advanced Nutrients Micro Grow Bloom its their ph perfect 3 part system.

Micro is 2-0-0 with Nitrogen, Calcium, Magnesium, Boron, Iron and Manganese and less other micro nutes
Grow is 1-0-4 with Nitrogen, Soluble Potash and other less nutes
Bloom is 1-3-4 with Nitrogen, Phosphate, Soluble Potash, Sulfur

They recommend using all three parts in all phases of the plant. This is what I have always done. But I am open to doing it better.

This is why I asked if I should use the three as they recommend or would you have any input on this?

Ye started in soil myself & still use it !

But in the beginning i was an all organic person myself mainly using Biobizz products for well over a year, to which i have recently moved over to Hesi for soil grows... but that is just me at the end of day & we all have our stories...

How ever i would stick to what is said by nutrient brand used or in till what time you feel unhappy with such !

Or further your own research on such matters or work out what is best for you & can be very open minded question over time & growing :Namaste:

I'm afraid their is no short answer, apart from watch 'n' observe over time & change if need be, depending of question at hand ?

Fuzzy is right on about the light distances. That's great advice there :thumb:

Basically the difference between the Micro, Grow and Bloom is levels of nutes. You'll usually see higher concentrations of nutrients that are used during flower in the bloom bottle, and lower concentrations of nutrients, like Nitrogen in the bloom bottle. Grow is the same thing.. you'll see higher concentrations of nutes needed for growth in that bottle, and lower concentrations of nutes used during flowering.

You can use them all any which way, as long as the plant receives what it needs. It doesn't care what bottle it comes from. The manufacturers give a suggested feeding schedule, and amount from each bottle, But most growers have changed those levels throughout their grows, so feel free to experiment and find what works best for your girls. Each strain will have different tolerances, so you'll kind of be starting over from the beginning on each grow to figure out what they like most, but when it comes time to harvest, that extra work we do is worth it.

Hey Antics seem to be following you around here.

And a hi to Blinkey welcome sir. Looks like your having fun in the Loo.

Sub'd

Fuzzy is right on about the light distances. That's great advice there :thumb:

Basically the difference between the Micro, Grow and Bloom is levels of nutes. You'll usually see higher concentrations of nutrients that are used during flower in the bloom bottle, and lower concentrations of nutrients, like Nitrogen in the bloom bottle. Grow is the same thing.. you'll see higher concentrations of nutes needed for growth in that bottle, and lower concentrations of nutes used during flowering.

You can use them all any which way, as long as the plant receives what it needs. It doesn't care what bottle it comes from. The manufacturers give a suggested feeding schedule, and amount from each bottle, But most growers have changed those levels throughout their grows, so feel free to experiment and find what works best for your girls. Each strain will have different tolerances, so you'll kind of be starting over from the beginning on each grow to figure out what they like most, but when it comes time to harvest, that extra work we do is worth it.

I agree Antics. I have to tread dangerous waters a bit more :) The awesome thing about the nutes I use is it automatically adjusts my ph, thats why I have stuck with them. I add ph up, ph goes up half an hour later the ph is adjusted again LOL and vise versa. I tested soooo many times just got bored because it just always adjusts perfect. I dont even know where my ph meter is anymore!! I am going to cut the bloom for now but I am wondering if the 3 part solution is still going to adjust the ph with only two parts. And in the flowering stage I am going to cut the grow solution rather than the micro since that has the cal/mag I need for coco and again see if it adjusts the ph.

Hey Antics seem to be following you around here.

And a hi to Blinkey welcome sir. Looks like your having fun in the Loo.

Sub'd

Thanks SBG and welcome to you too sir!!! Yup we are having us a ho down here LOL :)

***UPDATE*** Day 21

Well I finally have the grow days correct, sorry for my typos.

A Look into the room
DSC_000379.JPG

I still have the lights on temp constant at 79F/26C and when the lights go off the room drops to about 70-71F/21C. It is not dead winter yet but quite cold, outside temp is around 52F/11C
DSC_000471.JPG

I made a few changes on the exhaust system to keep light on light off fluctuations minimal but still keep fresh air in the room 24/7. The exhaust you see was on the outside of the wall and it is a 420m2 fan. I pulled this inside and put a 90m2 fan on the outside of the wall. With lights on the 420m2 is switched on, with lights off the 90m2 is switched on.
DSC_000576.JPG

This is just to see radiant temps at canopy level
I have a couple new temp/humidity sensors arriving but they are still in shipping from a far way :)
DSC_000678.JPG

This girl is the Fem White Haze Auto:
I have this spreadsheet that I keep a daily log on all my grows and plants. This has proven useful to see past grow reactions and also see weekly progress.
WH2.jpg
DSC_000768.JPG
DSC_000868.JPG

New growth seems to be happy :)
DSC_001064.JPG
DSC_001169.JPG
DSC_001262.JPG

This is the RZT (root zone temp) I try to kep an eye out for this also. The RZT of lights on is around 82F/27C and lights off the RZT is around 70F/21C (supposedly the magic number for GREAT root growth)
DSC_002838.JPG

This is the Fem Diesel White Haze Auto (I realize that I have been writing the name wrong!! its Fem Diesel White Haze Auto NOT Fem White Diesel Haze Auto, sorry)
DWH.jpg
DSC_001449.JPG
DSC_001549.JPG
DSC_001646.JPG
DSC_001743.JPG
DSC_001836.JPG
DSC_002039.JPG
DSC_002337.JPG
DSC_003034.JPG

Well to sum it up :
  1. With the light at 14" we saw some Margin Roll and the lights went back up.
  2. Both girls have shown roughly 100% growth in week three of their grow. (100% relative to width and height)
  3. They both loved nutes at early week three. A bit early for seedling stage but the coco mix must really better than I had expected.
  4. Both girls are on node 4, have shown full real leaves so they are now in the VEG stage.
  5. I saw a problem on the very tip of one leaf of the DWH, I need to keep a close eye on that.
  6. There are white spots and all leaves.. Please totally disregard that. There is a local fungi here in this parts and will literally kill every seedling overnight (without regard to the type of plant). In one night your healthy looking plant falls upside down mid way its stem and is dead. Its locally called the back breaker :) So the white spots you see are the residue from the anti fungal med. Once seedling period is over there is no more risk and spraying meds is terminated. I will spray regular water for a couple of days the wash out those spots.

Cheers!!!

I see a couple brown spots on some leaf tips, this could be a Zinc deficiency, so keep an eye on it.

Other than that, they're looking great :thumb:

Thanks bro! The brown spots are on the WH. I did not see them with my eyes but actually the pictures :)

Looking much better :goodjob:

Still needs a little feed once a week even a little plant like that, as coco coir contains No nutrients !

Tomorrow is water day. I was using 1ml per lt but the girls are clearly now in veg so I will go %50 on the nutes, 2ml per lt. Will update on how this goes.

But let me get some feedback on a similar subject from you good folks.

Watering:
  1. Water from the middle of the pot
  2. Water on the edges of the pot
  3. Water from the bottom of the pot

With coco I never think there is a difference. It pulls water like a sponge and holds the correct amount of water and air. I switch my watering method regularly but I would love feedback on what you think is best or better.

I do 2. myself. Water around the edges, does it not matter so much in coco then? I guesse it does absorb quite well

Coco when dry will expand about 50X its original size when watered. So It does absorb very well and keeps a good water air ratio. I use all the methods I mentioned but I really dont know if one is better than the other when it comes to coco...

***Mini UPDATE*** Day 25

This is the Fem White Haze Auto:

First Pistil :)?:) Am I seeing this wrong? It's smack in the center, hard to see. I broke my macro lens a while back so this is the best I could do. With the naked eye its clear white and looks like hair :)

DSC_000276.JPG
DSC_000380.JPG

This girl stayed in Veg for a whopping Full 7 days!?!?!?!?!? I really did not expect this. This is my first auto but wow thats fast.. I was still hoping for a week or two.
Well folks do you think I should swap the MH to the dual spec HPS or wait a bit more??

Back
Top Bottom