Strain help

seekingwordsofwisdom

Hi guys! I'm seriously considering taking a crack at growing my own herb but could use a bit of help. Strains/seeds/seed banks. There's so many. It's overwhelming. I've been a toker for nearly 20 years although up until recently, and then only while on vacation in a recreational state, I've only been able to get my hands on what was available from the guy/gal up the street.

I know what I'm looking for. Something heavy hitting for nighttime; easing aches and pains, making me stupid happy, and then able to drift off to a restful slumber. And something motivational, euphoric, chatty cathy for work. I'm open to any suggestions about specific strains and breeders/seed banks if it's not too much trouble. I've read a lot about how important genetics are so I want to get this right. I realize there are numerous threads here and elsewhere on the web devoted to such a question, but again it's overwhelming. Thanks for taking the time. Enjoy the day!

Hi guys! I'm seriously considering taking a crack at growing my own herb but could use a bit of help. Strains/seeds/seed banks. There's so many. It's overwhelming. I've been a toker for nearly 20 years although up until recently, and then only while on vacation in a recreational state, I've only been able to get my hands on what was available from the guy/gal up the street.

I know what I'm looking for. Something heavy hitting for nighttime; easing aches and pains, making me stupid happy, and then able to drift off to a restful slumber. And something motivational, euphoric, chatty cathy for work. I'm open to any suggestions about specific strains and breeders/seed banks if it's not too much trouble. I've read a lot about how important genetics are so I want to get this right. I realize there are numerous threads here and elsewhere on the web devoted to such a question, but again it's overwhelming. Thanks for taking the time. Enjoy the day!
Hellooo. Personally i use seedsman mosta the time. in the US or canada maybe someone else has a better suggestion but seedsmans own genetics haven't failed me yet either they are cheap and have a single seed option. Their Mama Mia was an amazing night time smoke. As was the kush auto. Peace

Try Seedsman.It's a big seedbank that offers hundreds of strains.
They have some awesome promos as well.
The last promo they had was the Halloween promo and I scored 18 free seeds of different strains.
Check them out.

Thanks so much everyone for all of the info everyone! I appreciate you all taking the time.

Try Seedsman.It's a big seedbank that offers hundreds of strains.
They have some awesome promos as well.
The last promo they had was the Halloween promo and I scored 18 free seeds of different strains.
Check them out.

I'm a frugal kinda cat and was wondering if you think it might be a better play to wait until black Friday for my first purchase? Also I was curious if different strains get restocked regularly? Some of the strains/breeders I was interested in seem to be out of stock. And one more quick question, how long does shipping typically take? I live in the states if that matters. Thanks again for all of your help!

I would suggest you take a look at the 420 strain reviews Here. FWIW I have ordered from Herbies, Crop King, and true North seeds with success, White Widow and purple kush are two of my favorite heavy hitting night time strains, look them up.

Thanks for the suggestions on banks and strains Alien, I appreciate the suggestions and will def look into them!

I understand seedsman can take a while getting their products to the states as they are a EU company but i also know they do take care of their customers so if anything gets lost on the way they are more than happy to help.
And yes the black friday deal will probably be your best bet for value. 4/20 is usually the best time though, SUPER deals to be had and its usually like a week long event lol.
Ive just put their strawberry banana and grape into flower now she's frosting up already. They've recently come with a load of new strains aswell SBG being one of them and im also growing their black sugar out which looks promising.

I understand seedsman can take a while getting their products to the states as they are a EU company but i also know they do take care of their customers so if anything gets lost on the way they are more than happy to help.
And yes the black friday deal will probably be your best bet for value. 4/20 is usually the best time though, SUPER deals to be had and its usually like a week long event lol.
Ive just put their strawberry banana and grape into flower now she's frosting up already. They've recently come with a load of new strains aswell SBG being one of them and im also growing their black sugar out which looks promising.

Thanks Bilbo! I'll check out your grow right now!

Let me ask the question that obviously got overlooked:

Are you using cannabis medically for anything other than sleep meds? Chatty in the daytime says "sativa dominant terpenes", which won't work if you have concerns about anxiety.

Any pain management going on? Something in a 1:1 ratio THC:CBD would be more desirable, and with inflammation a chemovar high in b-caryophyllen becomes even more desirable. Have you any thoughts for administration methods other than smoking buds? Some chemovars are chosen for the copious amounts of essential oils they grow because the plans are to make a concentrated or infused oil and bigger, more abundant trichomes make a significant difference in oil yield.

But it's not always about yield. Just about all of us find a chemovar we continue to grow for the quality, despite paltry yields.

Even without medical needs you'll be better served trying something with a balanced ratio or slightly more CBD. It's surprising how much more enjoyable the buzz can be with better ratio control than all THC. Not that I can speak from experience yet. At this point I smoke mostly Carnival, which probably floats around 20% THC. Lol! I am growing one at the moment though that should give me my first taste of the balanced ratio.

Chemdog and anything close to it knocks me out after three hits, when timed right. Lol! Anything super high in myrcene will do this, and including high levels of linalool only help to inspire deep and refreshing sleep.

For daytime goods I'd look for something higher in limonene or pinene. Hybrids may be a way to go here. For most the purer sativas take more control than daily obligations allow. Lol!

Finding the chemovars that fire you up is one of the greater pleasures of growing cannabis. Decide with a little more precision what you want cannabis to do for you and then let yourself play.

Let me ask the question that obviously got overlooked:

Are you using cannabis medically for anything other than sleep meds? Chatty in the daytime says "sativa dominant terpenes", which won't work if you have concerns about anxiety.

Any pain management going on? Something in a 1:1 ratio THC:CBD would be more desirable, and with inflammation a chemovar high in b-caryophyllen becomes even more desirable. Have you any thoughts for administration methods other than smoking buds? Some chemovars are chosen for the copious amounts of essential oils they grow because the plans are to make a concentrated or infused oil and bigger, more abundant trichomes make a significant difference in oil yield.

But it's not always about yield. Just about all of us find a chemovar we continue to grow for the quality, despite paltry yields.

Even without medical needs you'll be better served trying something with a balanced ratio or slightly more CBD. It's surprising how much more enjoyable the buzz can be with better ratio control than all THC. Not that I can speak from experience yet. At this point I smoke mostly Carnival, which probably floats around 20% THC. Lol! I am growing one at the moment though that should give me my first taste of the balanced ratio.

Chemdog and anything close to it knocks me out after three hits, when timed right. Lol! Anything super high in myrcene will do this, and including high levels of linalool only help to inspire deep and refreshing sleep.

For daytime goods I'd look for something higher in limonene or pinene. Hybrids may be a way to go here. For most the purer sativas take more control than daily obligations allow. Lol!

Finding the chemovars that fire you up is one of the greater pleasures of growing cannabis. Decide with a little more precision what you want cannabis to do for you and then let yourself play.

I somehow missed this reply from you SS. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. There's so much to learn regarding terpenes and their effects. I've already tapped out my budget for seeds this go round, but rest assured that I'll absolutely be looking into this further before my next purchase. This is all so exciting! Quantity is definitely not the priority. This will just be for me and with a lil luck as gifts here and there to friends/family without drawing suspicion. It's all about the quality. And getting to learn about what its is that I do like, cause honestly aside from what I mentioned above. I don't really know. Ha. Anyways I could ramble further but I'll stop. Thanks for taking the time, enjoy your weekend!

Back
Top Bottom