Strange plant anyone seen this before?

420FlBoi

I started this one 9 days ago. The strange white stripe on the left first node (left), the missing third whole leaf is white and deformed (bottom) on second node, and the third node grew in leaning and missing the other whole second side. My wife has named her "Hope" though I've nicknamed her "Stripe" like the evil gremlin.

hopestripe.jpg

Thanks for the knowledge, I've yet to get a good ph meter. The one I have is an old three prong soil reader that I am not sure of its accuracy. It tells me I am watering with about 6.5-6.9. I will be working on getting more accurate readings. I have just began trying to get set up for this so it's a work in progress.

Honestly dstruk...i think you should let them grow another 10 days and then worry..to young for now..could be so many things..your ph is prob fine...keep an eye on the next couple of sets of leaves and see if those get any worse....my first leaves tend to form really strange from time to time. ive had single leaves and leaves that look like other plants altogether...There still looking great my man..

Ohh that last message is for 420 boi my beeeez..

I thank you for the input. I am going to keep watching it grow, not sure there's anything wrong with deformed bud.. lol

Thanks for the knowledge, I've yet to get a good ph meter. The one I have is an old three prong soil reader that I am not sure of its accuracy. It tells me I am watering with about 6.5-6.9. I will be working on getting more accurate readings. I have just began trying to get set up for this so it's a work in progress.
420, By all means when you can afford it, make sure the first thing you buy is a good digital Ph meter. I have a HM digital that I got on amazon for about $90. It is awesome, and couldn't be easier to use. In my experience those three prong meters you push into the soil are crap. I think I get a more accurate reading from my middle finger.:loopy: I agree with cannavince on this one. Wait a while before trying to diagnose this one. I've seen a lot of ugly babies that turn out to be cute kids. Hell, if I went by my wife's baby pictures I would have missed out on a lot of quality time with a beautiful lady. That translates to mj for me. I try to spend quality time with all the ladies in my life. It pays great dividends. If you know what I mean.:thumb:
P.S. Tell them their beautiful every once in a while, they will pay you back 3 fold.

Could be mutation and ph. For soil ph at 6.5 for optimal uptake of nutrients. What are you feeding and at what strength?

I have yet to feed her until this a.m. She got a little MG 1/4 strength. Tomorrow she will get a little Epsom salts in here water when dry.

420, By all means when you can afford it, make sure the first thing you buy is a good digital Ph meter. I have a HM digital that I got on amazon for about $90. It is awesome, and couldn't be easier to use. In my experience those three prong meters you push into the soil are crap. I think I get a more accurate reading from my middle finger.:loopy: I agree with cannavince on this one. Wait a while before trying to diagnose this one. I've seen a lot of ugly babies that turn out to be cute kids. Hell, if I went by my wife's baby pictures I would have missed out on a lot of quality time with a beautiful lady. That translates to mj for me. I try to spend quality time with all the ladies in my life. It pays great dividends. If you know what I mean.:thumb:
P.S. Tell them their beautiful every once in a while, they will pay you back 3 fold.

I will definitely get a good one (pH meter) once I am able. My wife tells me to make sure I am nice and talk nice at least twice a day... lol I do agree you have to be nice to the ladies in your life an always watch what you say. Thanks for the input and advice, as it is always appreciated.

I have yet to feed her until this a.m. She got a little MG 1/4 strength. Tomorrow she will get a little Epsom salts in here water when dry.

What kind of soil is she in, there is likely nutes already in it. I would pause on the nutes until you know for sure or you could burn her this early.
I see green cotyledon leaves still on her so she is still a bit young for nutes.

MG nutes tend to be high concentrations. The all purpose is 12-4-8 which is still too high when mixed at 1/4 strength with a young plant such as your plant. If there is already nutes in the soil then just use water, if not then use less nutes, alot less, like a drop in a cup of water.....Seriously!

Also don't water her so much. You mentioned watering her the next day after she has been watered. She will grow faster if you water her less. Your container looks about the size of a cup, I would use a shot glass worth of water then wait a good 48 hours before considering more water.

I was a beginner not so long ago and found out that much of my trouble was me not just leaving them be to grow. I don't have that problem anymore and my plants are doing much better than when I started.

Oh! Did I mention I think she looks fine. Her funny leaf just adds character. You should add a pic in Vince's The Strange and Deformed thread.

I will take the advice into consideration with the nutes. As we all know we don't want to abuse our youngins. The pot is actually a 6" w X 5" d pot she just got kinda fat real young. The soil is a mix I mad from some cheap potting soil from lowes mixed with manure. Here she is now growing like wild fire....

hope-stripe-9-4-11.JPG

hope-stripe-9-4-11-b.JPG

Wow That first pic does make her look small.
(Foot in mouth) Can I change my rec. or is it too late.lol

The MG nutes are still high concentrates so just go easy with them. Also now that you mentioned the soil I am sure the peat in it is still decomposing so it is causing an acidic condition in the soil, that is why the leaves are curling down at the ends. No matter what that soil tester is saying I have seen it enough to know.

Raise the ph of that soil with higher TA water and add 2 to 3tablespoons of dolomite lime to the soil. With that type of soil you will need to buffer the acid it produces somehow.

See 420 shes turning Into a queen....she has just taken off this week....nicey :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom