Strating your plants indoors for outdoors, How many lighting hours indoors?

sadhu9

I have starts growing indoors for a friend who grows outdoors. How many lighting hours should the plants receive while indoors to keep the plants from flowering in April when they go into the ground? At our latitude we only receive 12 hours of sunlight, max!

Thanks

The only problem with that is the plants will be in a veg state outside till late Sept. or early Oct.. I'm worried if they're under 81/6 for a month and a half indoors that when they get transplanted outside in late March, they will only receive 11 1/2 hours of sunlight. That will make them think it's time to flower! Am I wrong!!!!!!!!

there is nothing you can do indoors with lights to manipulate whenther they hold off on flowering outdoors.

generally speaking your plant needs 13 hours of continual light every single day of the week indoor or outdoor to prevent flowering and unless the plant is too immature, they will flower with 12 hours or less regardless of indoor or outdoor.

if you want to put them outside and remain in veg while there is insufficient sunlight to do so, you will need to give the plant suplemental light to complete the 13+ light hours.

hint: it doesnt need to be strong light, just enough to trick the plant into not going into night mode.

18/6 is good for veg and should keep them from flowering. Don't go with 24 hours of light. They do need time to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom