Student summoned on marijuana charge

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
GREAT BARRINGTON – A Monument Mountain Regional High School student will be summoned to court on a charge of possessing marijuana, after a staff member reported him to school officials yesterday.

Eric Ross, 18, was driving north on Route 7 toward school yesterday morning when a staff member, also heading north, noticed him driving too closely behind another vehicle, said Police Chief William R. Walsh Jr.

At school, the staff member reported the incident to Assistant Principal Scott Annand. The student was called to the office, where an odor of marijuana was noted, Walsh said.

School personnel then searched his car and found the remains of two small marijuana cigarettes, Walsh said.

Police were called, and a charge was prepared yesterday by Great Barrington Police.

A court date has not been set.

A simple possession charge does not trigger a more serious charge of committing a drug offense within a school zone, which carries a mandatory two-year jail sentence.

Student summoned on marijuana charge

)%$#**&***** laws!

Seems kinda fishy...I bet it gets thrown out because of an illegal search. Of course with the Columbine and Virginia Tech laws might have changed. :hmmmm:

Uh, no. I'm assuming he was in the school parking lot, which means he probably had to obtain a parking space. In order to get that parking space, he probably had to waive his rights.

Wow...that sounds pretty gay. this kid gets busted for the way he drives. LOL and not even by a cop by his school. man i feel sorry for him...

yeah schools in America seem like they hold alot of power....

Can the school really search your vehicle like that?

My old high school had many papers posted stating that they reserve their right to search any vehicle/bag/locker etc that existed on the school's property. So yeah my best guess would be they can since he was on their property.

Well, to be honest and fair, I don't think he should have it on school property to begin with. Really sucks though that he got busted by a teacher for doing something OUT of school.

I'll take the LOOOOOOONG way around town to avoid schools if I'm driving after a pick-up. Just kinda watching my ass a bit.

Thats crazy.How can they do something like that?Just because he was driving to close to somebody.Teachers these days just don't know how to mind their own business.I use to have a teacher like that.Would ask me was I trying to go smoke a newport or some weed(well i did talk about it alot but so did others,weed in general not smoking in school)

When I was in school only principals aree able to make you empty your pockets and so on.

Back
Top Bottom