Sugar leaves always yellow and dry up - Why?

Woogie

Hi ,
Just wondering about this problem I always seem to have, sugar leaves always going crispy making buds not look so good,but the rest of the plant is fine,
Particulars--
1.2x2.4x 2.0 grow tent
2 x gavita 1000 pro dimmable lights
8inch extraction with 6inch intake on controller
Temps lights on 75-78 max humidity 50%, lights out 70-72 humidity 55-60% tops
15 ltr airpots x 7 in coco coir average height of plants 3 foot,
Nutes , advanced nutrient line sensi a-b grow and bloom non coco specific , b52, big bud, ovedrive, bud candy, cal mag ,
Feed base nutes no more than 20ml in 20ltr of tap water left out 24-48 hrs, with no more than 12 ml of the other additives each ,normally 8ml but gone to 12 max, and I use the right additives at the right time just to clarify,
always have 30-40% runoff
Ph going in 5.8 to 6.1 runoff around 5.7-6.0ph

Plants are LST and are 1.5 -2.0 foot away from light.
PPM of solution generally around 1200 no more than 1500
Can't get my head around how to use blue truncheon but the ec runoff seems to be about 1.0-1.2 but don't really know ,ppm coming out is generally the same as what is going in, but when the runoff is let's say 600ppm Nxt feed I increase feed by 200-300ppm ,
If anyone knows what I am doing wrong plz chime in , cos I want beautiful buds not ones that like they've been beaten up,
I am very careful and loving to my girls but right at the last stage I seem to mess something up.

Personally I think you're feeding your plants too much crap, I suggest using the base nutes only and cal-mag if needed, although you said you used tap water so you may not need it. I don't know the scale of the ppm meter you're using, but either way, 1200 - 1500 ppm's is way too much in my opinion. I never feed over 800 ppm's or 1.5 EC and I never check the run-off for pH or EC. Also - do you have a fan blowing over the tops of the plants? and what's the reasoning behind increasing the feed by 300 ppm's if your run-off is 600?? Forget the run off.

Thanks for your reply
Yeah I have 2 x 16inch oscillating fans either side blowing over the tops, but yeah will back off the nutes and hopefully no more dry leaves,

thanks

Will do , there starting week 8 of flowering it's a 9week strain vanilla kush barneys, last week for overdrive then flush, the leaves are starting to brown at tips now , just worried it will get worse after flush and make my buds look crap
By the way it's my first time in coco and there is loads of differing opinions on how long to flush,

My plan is to use final phase 1st day then water ph 'd for a total of 10 days will that be enough. Or too long?

Will be posting some pics in the morning

I know this will probably cause a stir, and you are correct, there are loads of differing opinions. I never flush - I never understood the reasoning behind starving your plant in the most important time of its life - that's when it packs on weight - the last two weeks. Bad tasting weed is not caused by not flushing, it's caused by poor drying and curing methods. They don't flush tomatoes and we eat those.

Thanks, what I will do is flush one and not the other and do side by side evaluation, taste test after 4week cure, also would you recommend using overdrive up until I chop or stop after the two weeks and use base mutes until fully ripe ?

Thanks, what I will do is flush one and not the other and do side by side evaluation, taste test after 4week cure, also would you recommend using overdrive up until I chop or stop after the two weeks and use base mutes until fully ripe ?

I think doing a side by side comparison is a great idea. I don't know anything about overdrive up or any additive for that matter, I only use base nutes, GH MaxiBloom in tap water throughout the grow and I never have a discolored leaf or deficiency. When I first started growing I was constantly buying more stuff to put in my solutions to get better yields and healthier plants and found that they did nothing but cause issues, they were expensive, and they were not needed. Plants grown outdoors don't have all that crap.

Yeah I hear you there, I got a bit giddy and started buying all this crap hoping for bigger yields , but got a smaller bank balance lol, I got sold into the hype ,
Would love to keep it simply , and cheap with big yields, I think I have my grow room dialled in just need to understand what the plants need and when sort of getting there ,my head hurts with all the info out there,

Back
Top Bottom