Yellowing leaves and slow growing

TheRocket

Currently growing Dinafem original haze a strain I’ve grew before and seem to find they don’t like much feed so my ppm is around 1.2-1.4 using ionics coco with big bud week 2-4 and currently using over drive (without the big bud)

Ph is 5.8, lighting is 2 x HPS one on 600w other on 400w, temp is around 27oc

currently just ending week 5 and buds look really small and getting a lot of yellowing on the leafs now. I fed grow nutes during the transition to stop any nitrogen issues.

There not over watered, but getting signs of mag issues but I always add some cal mag to my feeds

cant understand why they seem to be growing so slow, they are growing cause some of the stalks are just starting to lean slightly but with 3 weeks left to go I expected them to be a fair bit bigger

they do smell awesome and plenty of trichomes

any ideas?

Attachments

• F07F974D-1F5F-49DA-A33B-DBF41EB1CD20.jpeg
    F07F974D-1F5F-49DA-A33B-DBF41EB1CD20.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 205
  • 8E72B5B3-A551-47ED-874E-DF1DCBB4199C.jpeg
    8E72B5B3-A551-47ED-874E-DF1DCBB4199C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 181
  • E1A7B1DA-FDB2-4A2A-9721-B589EAD9F9B2.jpeg
    E1A7B1DA-FDB2-4A2A-9721-B589EAD9F9B2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 202
  • 397A951D-E353-4AC6-9A64-A615E4E1DF36.jpeg
    397A951D-E353-4AC6-9A64-A615E4E1DF36.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 209
  • 0721D5A1-39FC-4CA1-921F-06E8B1A99EB2.jpeg
    0721D5A1-39FC-4CA1-921F-06E8B1A99EB2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 206
  • 26334104-0FD0-4A16-B21E-101571771A0B.jpeg
    26334104-0FD0-4A16-B21E-101571771A0B.jpeg
    960 KB · Views: 196
  • AD3FA775-1B1D-4BDC-BF05-D016FF174BE7.jpeg
    AD3FA775-1B1D-4BDC-BF05-D016FF174BE7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 191
I’ll have to get some

I don’t measure them out tbh.
water EC is 0.4 so I use some cal mag to take it to 0.5, then add ionics coco bloom to take it to 1.2-1.4 and follow up with over drive at 15ml per 10l which adds 0.1 to the ec. I can get the ppm off the blue labs stick if needed. Won’t lie I’ve grown for a while so got lazy.
Watering every 2-3 days depending on how dry they are

but whilst typing this I’ve just remembered my ph pen went funny, and I ended up feeding them a litre or so of water with low ph. Think it was 4.9. I ph’d the water a few hours before and it rose dramatically and I knew it was the right Ph but as I had calibrated it the day before I thought the pen was ok so added more ph down and after I fed them a litre each it was bugging me so re calibrated it and it was low. I flushed them out but only with 4 litres of water which won’t of done much so guessing this is prob why there suffering now. Laziness :(
I’ll just keep going with them and see what happens. Not gonna expect big yields but i should smoke ok

Hold on

You don't measure your nutes

WoW

Ok

Good luck with that

And Coco needs water/nutes daily, more in flowering

i measure them with the blue labs ec stick, don’t bother measure them out in ml, well not with the ionics anyway

yeah I know coco needs feeding every day but last couple of grows I’ve had to feed every 2 days due to work commitments

Ec means nothing if yer just dumping nutes in

All nutes have schedules to mix with

If u dump A then B to get what u think the EC should be, you will have an NPK mix you have no clue what it is, or ever able to duplicate

Ok so if you have a basic ec of 0.4 and add 0.5ml per litre of calmag to boost it to 0.5ec, you pour in one base nute to take it to 1.5ec for example. You ec is gonna be the same at 1.5 if you measure it or or pour it in? If it’s 1.5 then it’s 1.5 no? Or am I missing something? I can understand once adding other nutes such as pk and stuff then you need to measure out

i was under the impression ph & ec was everything ‍♂️

It’s just ionics coco bloom as a base nute. One of the big guns on here recommended it, his user name is ‘cultivator’. But I do measure out my other nutes.

I’ve had over drive and big bud for a while but never used it so gave it a try this time round.
Always used pk 9/18, plagron green, metaboost etc but thought I’d try a basic nute system this time just as a test. But when my blue labs ph pen messed up it’s scuppered my test. Shame cause they were doing well

Currently growing Dinafem original haze a strain I’ve grew before and seem to find they don’t like much feed so my ppm is around 1.2-1.4 using ionics coco with big bud week 2-4 and currently using over drive (without the big bud)

Ph is 5.8, lighting is 2 x HPS one on 600w other on 400w, temp is around 27oc

currently just ending week 5 and buds look really small and getting a lot of yellowing on the leafs now. I fed grow nutes during the transition to stop any nitrogen issues.

There not over watered, but getting signs of mag issues but I always add some cal mag to my feeds

cant understand why they seem to be growing so slow, they are growing cause some of the stalks are just starting to lean slightly but with 3 weeks left to go I expected them to be a fair bit bigger

they do smell awesome and plenty of trichomes

any ideas?

So basically yer not running a true nute regime,just flowering additives
Big bud
Overdrive
Calmag

And u stopped Nutes at flip, I assume it was AN nutes

Am I correct with this?

It’s just ionics coco bloom as a base nute. One of the big guns on here recommended it, his user name is ‘cultivator’. But I do measure out my other nutes.

I’ve had over drive and big bud for a while but never used it so gave it a try this time round.
Always used pk 9/18, plagron green, metaboost etc but thought I’d try a basic nute system this time just as a test. But when my blue labs ph pen messed up it’s scuppered my test. Shame cause they were doing well

Ok, it is a one part Bloom nute

Makes a bit more sense now

What's the breeder say for Flower time

using ionics coco bloom as a base nute, calmag, big bud but stopped at end of week 4 and now using over drive.
but added in some cannazym for the roots.

I kept up with the veg nutes til end of week 2 after 12/12,

It’s a short flower for Sativa at 65 days.
nov 3rd is when I flipped, but they started showing flowers on 16th Nov so I start my count down from then

so on about day 36, so still 30 days left I guess

Was just worried cause the last 2 times I’ve done these at this point there twice the size but I’ll see how the go.

I’ll let you know how they turn out. Think I’ll go back to the royal queen of seeds ammo that stuff grows like wild fire

Think yer lack of feeding is hurting them

Daily feeding in Coco is a MUST, many do two or three times a day

Make an auto water system
Tub
Pump
Bubbler and pump
Hose
Soaker hose to water
Timer

Easy peasy, last ta years for about $100 or less

I’ve tried feeding them a few times a day before and for some reason they always seem to show signs of over watering, even though there not sat on run off.
Tried auto pots and wasn’t a fan

I do keep meaning to set up drip system, certainly make life easier and get better results

Back
Top Bottom