suggestions?

bobbybravehea

hi guys/gals,
decided to try my hand at growing again after about 20 years. 1st (and only successful) grow was in a moldy old farmhouse basement with fluorescent lights. did amazingly well, read a book at the time but had had a veg garden for years so had some basics. no mold, insects or problems. 2nd grow i had to pull as i had told someone and they eventually were going to turn me in. found 420 a few months ago and have spent many hours here, amazing source of info. problem is i did not discover 420 until after i planted in miracle grow as i could not find pro mix anywhere. i grew under cfl's, did well and decided to go 400w sodium vapor for flowering. my problem now is my ceiling is too low and my plants are growing into the light. i'm in the 2nd week of flowering and do not really want to top the plants. i thought about tilting the pots to lower everything but the light will not spread far enough to be effective unless i sacrifice a plant or 2. i'm growing Northern Lights.
this has been a learning experience and if i do my homework on 420, continuing education will be accomplished.
bottom line after all this is i don't know what to do! any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone for sharing your experience and wisdom.
this pic is about a week old, tops are up to the light but i've been bending them with twist ties and weights, the way they were trained to begin with.
cfl7.jpg

bobby

Those plants are HUGE, great job.. I would usually recommend just bending and training but those look like a ton of work.. they should almost be done stretching so another good training might be all she needs... personally I would put a scrog screen on top of her to keep her down.. I wouldn't actually tuck anything into the screen though. I would bend the tops and hang the screen above her so I could raise it, bend more if needed and put the screen back on top... I've never deal with a Plant that bushy before so this is just a solution that popped into my head.. somebody else might have a better solution but I hope that helps...

thank you,,Twox!
i've just learned about the screen, sog, scrog, just a tiny bit too late. i am cloning 4 branches, reverting back to veg, hoping for at least 2 to survive. that will be the max i'll try for my conditions. with what i am learning on 420, i should do just as well with 2. i admire the growth i see here on 420 as well as all the wisdom and experience of others re, nutes, lighting, air. this is all we all really need. i'm not a very technical person so i have to keep things simple. thanks again.
bobby

Back
Top Bottom