Sup fellas, newbie here

Sak4ever

I'm just growing one plant for now, I have 4 cfl Philips cfl lights. Is this enough? Also have a grow light also.pics below. I topped the plant before it showed sex, good idea? I'll show a pic of plant when lights turn on

Is it a male or female?

Attachments

• 15816163322951358932103.jpg
    15816163322951358932103.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 1581616362918340228690.jpg
    1581616362918340228690.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 15816185490991360220850.jpg
    15816185490991360220850.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 41
Welcome. Great to have you Glad you’re enjoying our hobby. I’ve seen some great cfl grows.

If it were me and I was only growing one I’d look at the budgeLED 65w light. but You can have a good grow with cfl lights. Just by the time you buy different bulbs for veg and flower and the accessories I imagine the price would be pretty comparable.

good luck!

what strain did you choose to grow?

Hi Sak4ever here is a couple of pics to help you identify.. becareful of hermaphrodites they have both sexes. The pics below are of males that I've grown. You going to start a grow journal? If you do send me an invite of love to help you out if I could. Lots of experiance on this site. Cheers bro!
20191106_164826.jpg
20191111_141739.jpg

I’m confused on your question. If you’re not in flower you should not have signs of sex just yet.

are you asking why do people wait so long to flip into flower or why people flower for a long period of time ?

Strain genetics determine flower time.

the longer you veg the bigger your plants.

Got it.. now time to bitch at me.. currently growing in mg right, can I switch to a good soil? Or leave it as is.. also where I topped it, it's grown quickly.. tips of leaves where pointed down just a little.. water right? That's what I did

What's a good soil I don't have to order? Something I can pick up at home Depot or Lowe's or other floral shop? I don't want to add nutrients, I prefer the soil to do it

The only soil that can do that is living organic soil but it takes a couple months to cook.

I’d look for something that does not have slow release nutrients. I have a friend that does great in just peat moss and perlite but he uses the fox farms nutrients we in the forum call “the trio”. Grow big. Big bloom and tiger bloom.

Don’t get discouraged it can be done. If you have garden centers call and ask if they have fox farm soil. That should be able to feed it for about a month.

I’m sure there are others but it’s all I know of. Hopefully others will chime in and give you more options

I just thought of another option if you’re up for it.

Our sponsors Geoflora has a product you till into the soil every two weeks. You can get a sample for the cost of shipping and it would get you through the grow. Another option is Megacrop. Both are nutrients but easier than most. Good luck

On my organic grow I use Black Gold Peat (ace hardware), and Earth Dust by The Green Sunshine Company. It cooks in 2 weeks you only have to feed 3 time total for the entire grow (unless you have a long veg it would be 4 feedings) you dont have to Ph the water. It's a good product for beginners. If you are interested let me know and I'll send you a link. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom