Supergroomer Tries to Clone with the Clone King 25

Have a question.... Is your pump running 24/7 or is on a timer? Trying a DIY cloner very similar to yours and just curious. Like you (were) I am failing miserably at all of my clones. Different strains, root riot pugs, clonex gel and solution, cut at 45, some split stalk, some scraped stalk, foliar sprayed and not, ect., ect.... you get the picture. But seems like your luck has changed. Maybe mine can too!

Have a question.... Is your pump running 24/7 or is on a timer? Trying a DIY cloner very similar to yours and just curious. Like you (were) I am failing miserably at all of my clones. Different strains, root riot pugs, clonex gel and solution, cut at 45, some split stalk, some scraped stalk, foliar sprayed and not, ect., ect.... you get the picture. But seems like your luck has changed. Maybe mine can too!

My story exactly. 24/7 on the pump.:peace:

Hey Sg, I have had varying success with this method, building my own cloners.
First one in a bucket,all my problems were with spray heads blocking.
My latest attempt is a similar setup to yours,with 20 clone sites, a 750litres per hour pump and a loop of 13mm hose with a combo of spinning sprinkler heads and 360 degree spray heads. Yesterday i took some cuts and am running a heater in water at 22 degrees due to cold overnight temps. I will post some pics later. I'm not using z7 like Duke o but H202 instead, (oxy plus), Will be interesting to see if my misters clog again ?

I just got a Daisy Cloner I am trying out for a friend. I am running it and my old 3gal bucket cloner with just a pump and a piece of 1/2pvc about 4"long with a few little side holes near the top. Just as a side by side test. I just set them up yesterday.

The Daisy just has one little spinning head in it. I have to use the baskets with the plugs in it. Because it is to easy for the plugs to fall through it's holes.

On my cheap one I can just use the plugs alone because they fit tighter.

That one is about the cheapest you will find. It cost $30US on ebay and it came with my first sample of z7. That alone was worth the $30 to me.

That was almost a year ago and I am still using the same air-stones in my DWC's and I have not used any bleach N2O2 of any kind. I am using the same old knife and cutters on the clones.

I have been very lucky and not had any clogs,mold,root rot.

Now when I change my buckets I just dump out the old water and rinse them with some fresh and then fill them up. I stopped even using soap in them.

You know what they say. If it is working for you. Keep doing it. If not. Make a change...

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes for you.

It is 100f in the day and 80f at night where I am at. This is as bad as it gets for me. So it will be interesting to see how they come out.

They are inside. But the room they are in stays around 78-80f this time of year.

The water I put in my cloners is city tap water that comes from a lake. It is 9.1 out of the tap. Lots of chlorine.

Most of the time I set it out and it will go down to about 7.2-7.4 and 225ppm.

I am sure I would be having clogs if not for the z7. It is funny how it came as a sample with that cheap cloner.

Lastnight I filled the Daisy Cloner right from the tap and put a few drops of z7 as a test.

My cheapo has water that was set out with z7.

I like to play around testing things. I do not always know why something may or may not work.

But I learn a lot from the tests in what works for me.

The forum has also helped me in a lot of ways...

Hey Duke,
What ppm is your water ? And what ph ? Town supply with chlorine or ro ?
Couldn't figure why my sprayers were clogging, although first try i used rain water.:peace:

Right now heat is my issue. But next time it is colder I might try sitting my cloner on my germination heating pad and put the probe right into the cloner. Those are cheap and waterproof. I think I payed $15us for it.

Here are som pics of my D.I.Y cloner, everything is ok for now.
IMG_012838.JPG
IMG_012738.jpg

And her are some photo's of my next project...?
IMG_012642.jpg
IMG_012542.jpg
IMG_012443.JPG
IMG_012347.jpg
IMG_012247.jpg
IMG_012142.JPG
IMG_012053.jpg
Hope you're not offended ,i don't want to hijack.:peacetwo:

Hey SG , Any roots yet ? Mine are 4 days in, no roots but still standing tall !!
IMG_012933.JPG
:thumb:

Sorry. Been away for a couple days. First chance at the computer :). I have been doing very well with mine. If you are taking from veg, they will root faster. If you are taking from flower, they will take longer. At least that is my experience. :peace:

So I have run into a minor problem. I took 2 clones from my blue blood and put them in the cloner. When I checked them the other morning, they were wilting. The orange nozzles on my cloner were clogged. I cleaned everything out had everthing working again and when I checked again in the late afternoon, it was clogged again. I pulled it apart cleaned it again, soaked the sprayer in bleach and water and this am it is clogging up again. Any thoughts? :peace:

At one time I had many things that would clog.

Then a year ago I started using z7 in all of my water at all times and I have had zero clogs from that point on.

It came as a sample in a cheap cloner.

Just a few drops per gal and no more clogs.(with plain water or with GH 3part anyways)

At one time I had many things that would clog.

Then a year ago I started using z7 in all of my water at all times and I have had zero clogs from that point on.

It came as a sample in a cheap cloner.

Just a few drops per gal and no more clogs.(with plain water or with GH 3part anyways)

Thanks. I will have to see If my Hydro shop has x7. :peace:

I only know for sure that you can get z7 in the US. It is an enzyme cleaner.

This is from their website.
(When introduced into a contaminated hydroponic system Z7 will go to work to eliminate inanimate slime, inanimate slimy conditions, plant waste, organic particulates, cloudy water, odors and mineral buildup on roots or irrigation hardware. For hydroponic systems, it is normal to see cloudy or dirty nutrient when changing the nutrient tank until the hydro system has been cleansed and operating normally. When introduced into a freshly cleaned or new hydro system Z7 will maintain an internally cleansed hydroponic environment and prevent inanimate slime, inanimate slimy conditions and mineral build up on roots and equipment. At the same time Z7 is cleaning each individual root, it is opening up microscopic passage ways that were blocked by organic and mineral build up. This not only allows the plants to feed easier, but the grower can start to reduce the amount of fertilizers and water fed to the plants. Grower Note: reduce fertilizer and or water slowly and observe plant growth. Even though the plant can bring in water easier it will still need to be watered more often when atmospheric conditions dry the growing medium and transpiration is at high levels.)

I am not sure how it works. Just that it does work.

I only know for sure that you can get z7 in the US. It is an enzyme cleaner.

This is from their website.
(When introduced into a contaminated hydroponic system Z7 will go to work to eliminate inanimate slime, inanimate slimy conditions, plant waste, organic particulates, cloudy water, odors and mineral buildup on roots or irrigation hardware. For hydroponic systems, it is normal to see cloudy or dirty nutrient when changing the nutrient tank until the hydro system has been cleansed and operating normally. When introduced into a freshly cleaned or new hydro system Z7 will maintain an internally cleansed hydroponic environment and prevent inanimate slime, inanimate slimy conditions and mineral build up on roots and equipment. At the same time Z7 is cleaning each individual root, it is opening up microscopic passage ways that were blocked by organic and mineral build up. This not only allows the plants to feed easier, but the grower can start to reduce the amount of fertilizers and water fed to the plants. Grower Note: reduce fertilizer and or water slowly and observe plant growth. Even though the plant can bring in water easier it will still need to be watered more often when atmospheric conditions dry the growing medium and transpiration is at high levels.) So supergroomer, It's one yr later, just wondering how the clone king 25 worked out for you ??

I am not sure how it works. Just that it does work.
So supergroomer, It's one yr later, just wondering how the clone king 25 worked out for you ??

Back
Top Bottom