Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

OldMedUser..... :hug: ...... that was a lot of valuable information, particularly about the Mg spray, which I'm hard-pressed to remember to use. I do, however, soak in Epsom salts with my canna-medicated baths. I've noticed an appreciable improvement in my emotional tone that I attribute in part to this simple method of supporting my ECS.

I'll mention zinc to my BIL, although the infused canna oil caps I supply him with seem to have stopped this symptom in its tracks. I doubt he gets enough zinc in his diet. I doubt I get enough zinc in my diet. Huh! I just noticed my fingernails no longer show any signs of zinc deficiency, so maybe I'm wrong............. I went looking, and the RDA is 8 mg for a woman my age, and my two eggs every morning are giving me much more than that. Whew! :laughtwo: Another win! :woohoo: I know I'm getting enough magnesium, zinc, and potassium.

Probiotics are crazy expensive, so I've taken to drinking organic apple cider vinegar with water numerous times a day. This practice has greatly improved my health as the gut gets back to normal. Add some stevia and make it with hot water, and a tablespoon of ACV is a tasty drink that's become my go-to when I'm thirsty for more than water.

I finally made the switch to organic vegetables. Makes no sense to spend money on filler with little nutritional value. Little by little I offer the ECS more support.

Yes probiotics are too damn pricy for freakin bacteria. Apples have the kind of fiber good bacteria like so the old adage about an apple a day has some truth to it. I've been using ACV for a few years now. I take it in pure but filtered apple juice with a drop of iodine and maybe a shot of turmeric extract and milk thistle tincture a half hour before a big meal to get the digestive fluids going. I'll take my zinc, vit. C and any mineral supplements with it to help them absorb tho if I haven't eaten yet that day it can upset my tummy. Then I take any oil soluble ones with the meal. Ridiculous amount of pills and caps some times. I've run out of a few things so there's more room for food now. :rofl:

I remember my grandmother on my dad's side using honey and ACV in hot water for her arthritis. Just the regular distilled vinegar tho I think. Doesn't seem to help mine but my arthritis seems to stem from the rheumatic fever I had when I was about 12. My blood test come back negative for inflammation yet the doc wants to to take anti-inflammatories anyway that hurt my guts bad so that's out. A half aspirin crushed and held under the tongue works as good as anything to take the edge off. 10 min there then spit out what's left.

Have you ever heard of oil pulling? Really good to help cleanse and to treat sore gums. Coconut oil is perfect for it. Do a search for that online as the cocobudder I made tonight is kicking in hard and my bed is calling.

:byebye:

Yes probiotics are too damn pricy for freakin bacteria. Apples have the kind of fiber good bacteria like so the old adage about an apple a day has some truth to it. I've been using ACV for a few years now. I take it in pure but filtered apple juice with a drop of iodine and maybe a shot of turmeric extract and milk thistle tincture a half hour before a big meal to get the digestive fluids going. I'll take my zinc, vit. C and any mineral supplements with it to help them absorb tho if I haven't eaten yet that day it can upset my tummy. Then I take any oil soluble ones with the meal. Ridiculous amount of pills and caps some times. I've run out of a few things so there's more room for food now. :rofl:

I remember my grandmother on my dad's side using honey and ACV in hot water for her arthritis. Just the regular distilled vinegar tho I think. Doesn't seem to help mine but my arthritis seems to stem from the rheumatic fever I had when I was about 12. My blood test come back negative for inflammation yet the doc wants to to take anti-inflammatories anyway that hurt my guts bad so that's out. A half aspirin crushed and held under the tongue works as good as anything to take the edge off. 10 min there then spit out what's left.

Have you ever heard of oil pulling? Really good to help cleanse and to treat sore gums. Coconut oil is perfect for it. Do a search for that online as the cocobudder I made tonight is kicking in hard and my bed is calling.

:byebye:
This is a lot of valuable info you're carrying around inside your noggin. You should consider sharing it over at AngryBird's home remedies thread. Home Remedies - A Community Project

I expect to get the nutrients necessary for basic cellular function in a diet rich in complex foods and lots of color. My mother took supplements, and for a good part of my earlier adult years so did I. Then I tired of all those pills and capsules and went nutritional. This works well for me, but then I have one of the most positive outlooks you're likely to meet and my expectation of health and wholeness has inadvertently trained my ECS to keep me in a certain balance.

I take 2-4 infused canna capsules a day. The constant cannabinoid presence has to be doing something amazing in my body, particularly with the new infused fresh harvest oil. I've never been this healthy.

It's a bit disconcerting that my husband died and life changed, but mostly in delicious ways. I've worked past that to simply going with the flow and getting all I can out of the years I have left. The work here will keep me young into my 90s, I'm sure. :cheesygrinsmiley:

No teeth, so no sore gums. Can't stand dentures so I don't use them. I'm much happier this way. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Back
Top Bottom