Switching Nutrients early in Veg. stage

Hello C C

I switched nutes mid grow on my first grow and had no problems. It was actually good because the nutes I was using sucked ass.

I was also using a top drip DWC set up.

You are very welcome!!

I dont think you will have any problems doing that.
maybe you should give Advanced Nutrients a try.
They have a great nutrient calculator so you dont have to think that much. Its all right there in a easy to use chart.
I have used them and love the results. Good Luck.

Yep, I switched my nutes to Advanced Nutrients 3 weeks into Veg. Seems the first nutes I was using were useless so it's all good.
No burn, just loads of new growth. :)

Alobar,
What did you start using from Advanced?? Let me know and I will give you all of the tricks for using Advanced and show you how to get even bigger yields. I have 3 grows under my belt with Advanced.
Dont be afraid to call the 800 line for the Canadian customer service. They will be very exact about what strain you are growing and give you very specific advise about your grow. Thats just one of the reasons I like Advanced, if you have a problem, they are just 1 phone call away.

Well, thanks to our Govt latest blinkered proposition to make any and all products that can be associated with the 'consumption' of 'drugs' illegal (how they're going to manage that i have no idea, but there you go) a lot of grow/head shops are shutting up shop and selling their stock cheap.
I've been gradually emptying a local one of their remaining AN stock as time and money allow. :) AN are very expensive over here otherwise, don'tcha know.

So far, I have Scorpion Juice, Revive, Growth Excel & Organic B. They have a few others left which I hope to pick up in the next couple of week before I send my ladies into flower. Maybe the Grannys F1 and Bud Booster?
I also started using a BioBizz BioGrow as my NPK and it seems good so far.

Any other you would suggest, avalanche? Thanks in advance, man. I appreciate it.

Btw, growing Great White Shark from Dutch Seed Bank. 5 plants from 5 fem seeds under a 200w CFL. 2 doing better than others but none fading yet since the nute changeover.

You will always have some that do better than others but what you need to remember is that you dont know which is going to actually produce the best yield so treat them all the same so you will know at harvest time that you did everything in your power to make your time and effort worth while.
You did ok with the nuts but you MUST GET THE SENSI BLOOM A&B(in 1 liter bottles will be more than enough) and you must get BUD CANDY AND BIG BUD (both 1 liter bottles).
Get on Advanced web site for the nutrient calculator and go off that for your bloom stage.
The sensi bloom will give you the best bang for the buck and the bud candy and big bud is to fill out those buds to the max. Tricks : I start my bud candy and big bud 1 week earlier and 1 week later than the calculator shows. I also feed them about 15 grams more per feed than the heavy chart. the bud candy and big bud wont hurt your plants by giving them that much more because I have done it with great results. If the feed chart says 50 grams (thats 500 mil with syringe), I put in 55-60. They always start slow and increase weekly then taper down again. I always start 1 week early and finish 1 week later with their amount and increase weekly as you watch your plants Grow with no issues. If they yellow on leaves a little just feed water next time with no nutes. I will do most of the weekly feed on monday and on Wensday its water same with friday. New weekly feed starts on monday again. Trick: if on thursday the plants look happy just add more big bud and bud candy to your feed maybe just another 100-200 mill each. this gives the plants all they want and more. I try to force feed (as long as there is no issues with the girls) as much as possible, If they can use it, give it to them!
Eric from Advanced says you can add the f1 with your water at all feeds and watering (check label for amounts). Make sure to check your ph every time you feed and water so you dont shock the plants.
Good luck and watch them every day so you can tell how they react to the feeding.

Hey. Check out hydroponic secrets on you tube and eric from advanced has so many videos that by the time you have watched them all, you will be an expert on nutrients and how to use them.
Put some time in on education of the nuts your using and you will be more confident in what your doing and you will be able to get bigger more quality yields.

Thanks for the advice, avalanche, it's much appreciated.
I'm off to do an evening of research.

I'll keep you posted.

(Apologies to the OP for the thread hijack but you can safely decide to swap nutes with no probs) :)

I paid another visit to my favorite grow shop today and picked up a few more AN products.... Iguana Juice Grow, Grandma Enggys H2 & Colossal Budblast...all for 30% of the RRP.
Unfortunately, they didn't have any Bud Candy left as that stuff is expensive and now I'll have to pay full whack! I may order some before I go for flowering and I have Sensi Bloom on order.

All in all, you can call me a convert to the ways of AN and very happy that I didn't stick with my original nutes. :)

Excellent, you can see if your shop is selling carbo load powder or liquid. Its the same thing as bud candy just in case you didnt know.
i just cut down a dina fem plant last night and i can smell the sweetness and the buds are thick and dense.
Thats what keeps Advanced as my nut company. Results!! I want the most out of each plant so I am happy with the results.
Check Advanced web site and read up on all of what you purchased so you know specifically what each additive is doing for your plants.
Watch from grow to grow how much better you get as a grower.
What a fun hobby!

Excellent, you can see if your shop is selling carbo load powder or liquid. Its the same thing as bud candy just in case you didnt know.

I didn't know but you've just saved me a chunk of cash. If we were in the same locality you'd have a gift coming your way at harvest time. :)

Back
Top Bottom