Switching To LEDs - What Are The Relevant Factors?

HomeBudz

I'm a noob here on 420, but have been growing "old style" with HPS for years. Now I want to switch to LEDs.

Been looking at many LED units, and then looking closely at PAR, PPF, PPFD, and DLI ratings and spectrum charts. Also been looking at LED chip makers like Cree and Bridgelux for quality and efficiency. Lots of numbers swimming in my head.

What do the wise folk here on 420 suggest for a reasonably priced LED unit that can compare to a 1000watt HPS for yield and quality and reliability?

I have taken some interest in the Dwarf Star by Black Diamond. This guy seems genuinely curious, smart, and open with information about his lights. His videos are sometimes way too long, but it seems his intentions are true. Does anyone have experience with this light and company, or any others that have proven to be a good value?

Thank you.

I was in ur situation not long ago. I surfed through so many leds on the net. To me i think for leds what makes the difference is the spectrum. The leds that convinced me regarding the spectrums are black diamond and spectrum king and kind led.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can also check on the Mars Pro II Epistar320,it can replace a 800w HPS,Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro
I'm a noob here on 420, but have been growing "old style" with HPS for years. Now I want to switch to LEDs.

Been looking at many LED units, and then looking closely at PAR, PPF, PPFD, and DLI ratings and spectrum charts. Also been looking at LED chip makers like Cree and Bridgelux for quality and efficiency. Lots of numbers swimming in my head.

What do the wise folk here on 420 suggest for a reasonably priced LED unit that can compare to a 1000watt HPS for yield and quality and reliability?

I have taken some interest in the Dwarf Star by Black Diamond. This guy seems genuinely curious, smart, and open with information about his lights. His videos are sometimes way too long, but it seems his intentions are true. Does anyone have experience with this light and company, or any others that have proven to be a good value?

Thank you.

Thanks for all your opinions.

I've decided to get the Dwarf Star by Black Diamond and do a full review on HomeBudz.com when I receive the light and begin to grow with it. I ordered today 2/5/17 so the first assessment will be about timely delivery and customer service.

I'm hoping to gain some benchmarks with LED growing and to share with the growing community. Stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom