Swollen pistol sacs

Sparky Truc

420 Member
Hey all, I’m wondering if this is normal or is it the beginning of a seed? I’ve looked over the plants and can’t find any pollen sacs, but it sure is fat. There have been several of these, some just by themselves. Has it had fun without me and now going to seed?
The plant is 4 months old and has been in flower for 5-6 weeks. Variety is Three Run Homer.

F0C7026F-B9BF-4F63-8702-04D307FE9B6B.png

Looks normal to me but I am only guessing since it is hard to tell why you think it is swollen or fat. If you took the photo showing this calyx still attached to the plant many of us could relate the size of this to the size of the rest of them.

If it was one of the ones off by itself then yes, some of those do get large. If it is off by itself does that mean it was the only one coming out of a main stem, usually near a node? Cut it open with a very sharp knife of razor blade. Many times I will find the loner calyx to be hollow inside and have yet to find a loner that had a seed in it. That is different than the very small buds under the canopy that might have 3 or 4 calyx with pistils and one or two get a seed. By loner I mean the ones that are all by themselves.

I figure you are good to go the way it is. Just keep watching for any male flowers showing up. For me the first place I look is under the main canopy. Then later, shortly before harvest some of my Girl Scout Cookies clones will show a male flower or two up in the top buds.

Thanks, I have a GSC next to it, along with my personal favorite two Afghans. Though I have to admit the Frooty Pebbles is coming out strong in the 3RH.

Back
Top Bottom