Pollen sac on female flower?!

Drewskee

Here in my grow box of one c-99 plant is a beautiful flower site, but has three pollen sacs bundled underneath the flower. Take a look and let me know what you think...

Pollen sac? Seed?

Do you think if i leave it untouched that it will pollinate some of the flowers and give me seeds in my bud? Or should I pluck them?

My plant is 7 or 8 weeks into flowering I think...

question2.jpg

Thank you for stopping by

Re: Pollen sac on female flower?!?!

So this is a hermie plant with both pollen sacs and buds? Can a plant pollinate itself? cause this is just one plant that was not overly stressed, just fuzzy wire holding branches under a screen...

Thank you for your response truth

Re: Pollen sac on female flower?!?!

So this is a hermie plant with both pollen sacs and buds? Can a plant pollinate itself? cause this is just one plant that was not overly stressed, just fuzzy wire holding branches under a screen...

Thank you for your response truth

Yes, that would be a hermie.

The stress which causes plants to hermaphrodite seems to be heat and light. There are likely other factors - but those two seem most prevalent. Why this plant and not the others? Likely genetics. Bad toss of the dice sorta thing.

And yes, an MJ plant can certainly pollinate itself. I believe this is the way that they first started breeding all female seeds. I believe though that the result are all seeds which are female with a tendency towards being an hermaphrodite.

Back
Top Bottom