Systemair Silenced Revolution Vector EC fan

Kriaze

As the title states, has anyone any experience of these fans? I desperately need a quieter extractor fan than my current one and apparently the EC fans are also 50% more efficient on energy which would be a massive boon as my electricity bill has risen an extra £600 over the year since starting growing.

Before I pull the trigger on purchasing one does anyone know if I'll save on electric and whether they are actually a lot quieter than my Hyper Phresh 6" fan that I'm currently running, also are there any recommendations on which carbon filter I should buy for this particular fan? I always get mixed up as to whether the carbon filter should allow more or less airflow than the fan it's attached to (I'm thinking higher cfm at the minute).

Thanks in advance and also any ideas on a cheaper route (not DIY as I'm useless at DIY) that I could take whilst retaining the above advantages would be great. All the best.

I always get mixed up as to whether the carbon filter should allow more or less airflow than the fan it's attached to (I'm thinking higher cfm at the minute).

Filter should always be rated as high or higher airflow capacity than the fan that's moving the air through it.

I haven't used them, but Vortex uses the adjective "quiet" a lot when describing/advertising their S-Line series of fans. They also have airflow vs. pressure charts, which I consider to be useful information that every manufacturer/seller of fans should offer; at least when the fans generally get installed with a restriction (such as a carbon filter) in the run.

The above isn't a recommendation, merely an observation. I've never used them.

Back
Top Bottom