Tajikistani Hash: Indoor Grow

Althegardener2

Tajikistani Hash

Veg stage seedlings
Indoor
Soil - 1 bag greenhouse sterilized potting soil, five pounds earthworm castings, 1/8 cup bloodmeal, a little less than that of bonemeal, and about a third of the entire volume of perlite mixed in.
Five gallon fabric pots
Full spectrum cheap-o LED
Temp of room between 69 and 75 degrees
RH of room fluctuating around 40
Watering every two days currently.
Fertilizers I plan to use - Max Sea, Neptune's Harvest, and Dr. Earth's Fruit tree
Amendments on hand - Cal-Mag

Got these little imports from overseas, hoping like crazy I get one female because this is all I have (third seedling eaten by chipmunk, don't ask...)

Learned a lesson from my first auto grow (Amnesia), and that was that I needed much more well-drained soil, so I mixed up what made sense for a typical herbaceous annual from a rocky, well-drained environment, in this case Tajikistan near the Afghan region.
I really want to keep one as a mother plant and take clones, and if I've got two ladies here I'd like to make the other a perpetual 'house plant' and harvest selectively. We can dream.

Looking at the conditions of its native region we have hot days and cool nights, high elevations, stony well-drained soil (very akin to growing requirements for poppies, who will grow on gravel before they sprout in soil). Example "winters are quite cold, though not freezing, with an average in January of 3 °C (37.5 °F), while summers are hot and sunny: highs in July and August are around 35 °C (95 °F), but with peaks of 40 °C (104 °F). In winter, the temperature often drops below freezing (0 °C or 32 °F) at night, but it remains quite mild during the day. However, here too, cold waves may occur, with lows usually around -10 °C (14 °F)".
Currently it is 100 degrees and only 27 RH in the capitol. It is also extremely dry, and the forecast gives no indication of rain anytime in the near future. These guys must dig their roots deep, especially the wild ones, seeking water. I plan to keep these two fairly dry as well.

I'm going to assume if anything affects them it will be too high humidity, and that temperature swings aren't going to be much of an issue. Here in Michigan we are looking at a very muggy high-humidity summer about to blast in after unnaturally long rains this year, so I made the decision to keep them in the house to avoid powdery mildew, which runs rampant here in high-humidity late summers.

TH1.jpg
TH2.jpg

I'm looking at an Afghani strain. You should have great conditions there in Montana, after all I've read of Tajikistan's weather and climate. My aunt married a banker from Kabul back in the 60s, I got to see a lot of home movies of the area. That was one garden city before the Soviets. Does the Afghani resemble the leaf structure of these?

I'm looking at an Afghani strain. You should have great conditions there in Montana, after all I've read of Tajikistan's weather and climate. My aunt married a banker from Kabul back in the 60s, I got to see a lot of home movies of the area. That was one garden city before the Soviets. Does the Afghani resemble the leaf structure of these?
My strain is a more Sativa pheno, surprisingly. I got regular seeds from Amsterdam Seed Co. Of 5, only 2 germinated. One was a male, and I crossed it with some other strains, and the girl you can see in my greenhouse. It's the more Saitva pheno growing in there if you want to see it, check out my journal. Harvest in about 3 months+/-.

Interesting that it is more sativa. I'll check out your journal for sure. Not sure how long I have until my harvest on these, tbh. I'm in no hurry for them so they can veg all they want. Hopefully before December though. lol

Actually they start showing signs of heat stress. If you have 100F, but only 27% RH, that's way too low. The trick is to spray them a few times a day with water or hook up a humidifier.

Actually they start showing signs of heat stress. If you have 100F, but only 27% RH, that's way too low. The trick is to spray them a few times a day with water or hook up a humidifier.
My ambient temp for the last 2 and next 2 or 3 weeks =90 degrees and 25% RH. The greenhouse gets much warmer and a little bit higher RH. As long as I give my plants 15-20 gallons of water a day, they are fine.

Cuttings doing awesome. Upped the heat in their room a bit, I learned they prefer a little more heat.

Attachments

• tajhashcutting1.jpg
    tajhashcutting1.jpg
    943.6 KB · Views: 45
  • tajhashcutting2.jpg
    tajhashcutting2.jpg
    808.6 KB · Views: 41
Thank you. I should break down and take a shot of her weird sister. Same age, same everything. No idea why she put out curled up leaf clusters from day one but wow. Okay here she is:
weird2.jpg
weirdo1.jpg

In full flower going strong. Just hit about 6 feet. She's indoors and there is zero odor at this point, which is a good thing. Don't need my library room absorbing too much lovely scents. lol
taj993.jpg
taj9999.jpg

Well she's hit a wall, even though she's indoors, where the wet awful weather outside is bringing in some light mold spots. She's not quite done throwing pistils but I'm going to take her down anyway. I trimmed all the big fan leaves today and cut off the main cola to hang. I'll let the rest of her go awhile unless I see more spotting, then she's all done, sadly.
Two clones from her are doing splendidly in the other grow room.

Back
Top Bottom