Take a look and tell me what you think

Dankgrower19

420 Member
Hey Everyone!

I'm a first time grower. I started off with one plant in one of those home grow kits for herbs. Lol. Safe to say she fell to her death and I didn't get a chance to kill her.

Then I started again with two baby girls.... I think I over fed one with nutrients but the other survived and shes in the 6th week of flower. I use Fox Farm nutrients and soil. I recently acquired some Beastie Bloom and I'm looking for insight concerning that.

Next week I hope to begin the flushing process.
20200313_034510.jpg
20200313_034501.jpg
20200313_034455.jpg

She looks beautiful Dankgrower! After the flush are you going to continue feeding?

Hello,

What do you mean by that? And when exactly is the right time to flush? Some of her trichomes look cloudy now. She wants a drink and I planned to start flushing this week which would put her at 7 weeks of flowering. Thanks for your feedback kind soul!

Hello,

What do you mean by that? And when exactly is the right time to flush? Some of her trichomes look cloudy now. She wants a drink and I planned to start flushing this week which would put her at 7 weeks of flowering. Thanks for your feedback kind soul!
The latest method I know of to flush is backed up with science that i regretfully can't refer you to right now but here's my take.
Flushing 2 to 3 weeks before a harvest with plenty of water, I don't know 3 x the pot size I believe in water, followed with a normal nute feed at the end of the flushing and then feeding normally to the very last watering.

The flush will remove built up salts left from the nutes. The salts left in the soil will impede feeding and ridding them makes for a better feeder. That's always good! So feeding after flush is like adding a turbo late in the grow.

Old school bro science told us the flush was to remove nutes from the final buds for our better taste and health. Todays testing tells us that's wrong, and does not remove them. Feeding rather than starving them at this time makes for a big difference in bud development. Taste stays great. No change in health benefits.

The latest method I know of to flush is backed up with science that i regretfully can't refer you to right now but here's my take.
Flushing 2 to 3 weeks before a harvest with plenty of water, I don't know 3 x the pot size I believe in water, followed with a normal nute feed at the end of the flushing and then feeding normally to the very last watering.

The flush will remove built up salts left from the nutes. The salts left in the soil will impede feeding and ridding them makes for a better feeder. That's always good! So feeding after flush is like adding a turbo late in the grow.

Old school bro science told us the flush was to remove nutes from the final buds for our better taste and health. Todays testing tells us that's wrong, and does not remove them. Feeding rather than starving them at this time makes for a big difference in bud development. Taste stays great. No change in health benefits.
Hey,

I'm definitely going to look into that. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom