Tbone's First Grow Afghan Kush & Pink Lady

Tbone509

420 Member
Hey everyone wanted to start out by saying Hi and im very excited about finding this forum!

Im a total newbie so if i post something and you think im wrong definitely please let me know!

I will try to post pics every other day. Might do daily pics but we will see. Perks of staying home with my son since im laid off.

Ive got 3 afghan kush seedlings, 2 pink lady seedlings and some other bag seed plants. Those arent really apart of the journal though. Those are staying in a different location.

So my setup im starting out with is a 5x5 vivosun tent, vivosun adjustable 295 cfm inline with carbon filter, 1200w king led (amazon knock off $120), 1000w recordcent (amazon knock off $85)

Day one germination 14 hour soak revealed some nice long tap roots. Transplanted from paper towel germination method to Fox farms ocean forest in solo cups.

They are looking healthy. On day 2 I also removed them from the humidity dome and introduced a super tiny fan on low.

Running a 18/6 light cycle
Humidity around 46% in the seedling room. Kept at 76 degrees farenheit.

I have the 1200w king led 29 inches above them. This is all i can think of right now at this point in time. Be back tomorrow with more pics and updates.

Attachments

• 20190305_001525.jpg
    20190305_001525.jpg
    843.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190305_001338.jpg
    20190305_001338.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 25
Hey everyone wanted to start out by saying Hi and im very excited about finding this forum!

Im a total newbie so if i post something and you think im wrong definitely please let me know!

I will try to post pics every other day. Might do daily pics but we will see. Perks of staying home with my son since im laid off.

Ive got 3 afghan kush seedlings, 2 pink lady seedlings and some other bag seed plants. Those arent really apart of the journal though. Those are staying in a different location.

So my setup im starting out with is a 5x5 vivosun tent, vivosun adjustable 295 cfm inline with carbon filter, 1200w king led (amazon knock off $120), 1000w recordcent (amazon knock off $85)

Day one germination 14 hour soak revealed some nice long tap roots. Transplanted from paper towel germination method to Fox farms ocean forest in solo cups.

They are looking healthy. On day 2 I also removed them from the humidity dome and introduced a super tiny fan on low.

Running a 18/6 light cycle
Humidity around 46% in the seedling room. Kept at 76 degrees farenheit.

I have the 1200w king led 29 inches above them. This is all i can think of right now at this point in time. Be back tomorrow with more pics and updates.
Good morning my friend and welcome to the Forum!

2 things I can see that you mentioned right away. The Fox Farms soil..... She might be a little bit hot for such tiny seedlings. Fox Farm ocean Forest as you know is loaded with nutrients organically. Just something to watch for in case they show any signs of stress.

The other thing was the LED, 29 inch above your plants seems like a lot, but these lights are super super intense and that seems kind of close. I usually run my BML LED at about 16- 20 in on fully mature plants to give you an idea. At that stage, you could get away with a single small CFL light bulb. Just watch them, all I'm saying. Other than that, great to have you and things look great.........

Thanks for the input ill keep a close eye on them i didnt even think about all the nutes in FF. :rolleyes:

I opted to go a little closer than most recommend the light just because it being a knock off i figured its probably not quite as intense.

Day 5 update!

These gals are looking great! I was glad to see that i didnt have any stretching as i was kinda worried about that.

I decided to just keep the other bag seeds in with this grow just because they were only a day behind the other 5.

When would you guys recommend the first nute feeding. I know its too early right now. Just been trying to do some research and be prepared for it when the time come. Im planning on using the general hydroponics flora series.

Also the 2nd pic i attached is it normal for the plant to have that wide of leaves. They are like twice as fat and more wrinkly than most of my other plants!

Attachments

• 20190310_013139.jpg
    20190310_013139.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190310_013124.jpg
    20190310_013124.jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom