First Grow: Purple Kush

Afternoon everybody!

Thank god its Friday and I have the weekend off to get stoned and watch my plants grow haha

I just have my purp kush #1 a good drink of some Grow Big and a little massage to bend down the internode branches and let light better penetrate close to the branch.
20191220_171753.jpg

I've been rotating her every day to give each side some time under the new white leds. Heres a good view of the difference between the sides. You can see how the opposite half is taller. I just rotated it towards the light now.

She looks a lil sad, my plants looked the same tonight. A real nice feeding, and BOOM! We have life again! Other then that, everything looks great!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
I get tomorrow off, that’s my day to run around and grocery shop for Christmas. Then it’s back to work for Sunday and Monday, then three days off! :yahoo:

The girls are catchin some Z's til 4pm but last night I switch the 2 purple kush plants between my two tents and different lighting. Since my Kush1 is more advanced in maturity and stature, I've switched it to the taller 1200w tent. Kush2 is in shorter 600w tent for now until she grows a bit taller, then ill put her back in with her sister.
They both appear to have responded immediately and quite positively to my switch as I've noticed visible growth already overnight.
Will post photos when they wake back up.

She looks a lil sad, my plants looked the same tonight. A real nice feeding, and BOOM! We have life again! Other then that, everything looks great!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
I get tomorrow off, that’s my day to run around and grocery shop for Christmas. Then it’s back to work for Sunday and Monday, then three days off! :yahoo:

I put her in the with the 1200wLED in the bigger tent and fed her some so hopefully she'll be reaching high when the light kicks back on later today. I'll post some photos later.
3 day vaca nice bro, I just have christmas off, it's pretty lame but I'll celebrate the small victories.

Sorry for the lighting discoloration but heres the newest shot of my main girl purple kush 7 weeks old
20191224_191505.jpg

Shes chugging along tempting me to flip her to 12/12 every day but I'm holding off to let her new arms grow a couple inches vertical. Also bent and tied the surrounding growth shoots farther out past the circumference of the 5gal pot. Giving her some width and allowing a lot of space in between colas to produce nice fat buds

Merry christmas eve and happy holidays yall

Good morning everyone.

This is the Monday-y-ist Thursday ever. Work sucks but something's gotta pay the bills and keep my stash full til harvest..

Quick shot of my main Purple Kush lady before I ran off this am:
20191225_192539.jpg

I'm continuing to pull her colas more towards the outside of the pot to allow her new bud sites to reach the heigh of the rest. Shes at about 14.5 inches in diameter from her to farthest growth tips. I'd like 1.5 feet surface area before I flip her but I'm starting Jan. 1st is my set date to complete harvest in time for my move so we'll see how shes filled put by the middle of next week before I give her a trim and switch to flower.
This strain is said to grow only about 3 feet so since I'll have given her a full 8 weeks veg I'm hoping she gives me a little stretch in flower and she produces me a good yield.

Update :

Heres a shot of her outside the tent with normal lighting
20191226_172541.jpg

Shes bushed out quite a bit more since her last trim with quite a few new growth tips I'm going to let grow vertical.
20191226_172650.jpg

She has a nice little table top of a canopy going. Hopefully she gives me a good stretch after I flip her

20191226_172614.jpg

Heres a nice look at the thickness of main stem and a few branches at this point 7 weeks later with LST

The anticipation for flowering is killin me but I'd rather keep it slow and train a nice, girthy high producer.

Back
Top Bottom