First Grow: Purple Kush

I love training this plant!

Day 71 of veg:
20200111_075908.jpg

I've just given her another trim and a tie down so that she has main colas around the perimeter as well as a few that I have bent underneath branches in the center so that their growth continues at the sane height as the others

Heres a nice look at her support
20200111_075928.jpg

Aaand a side view
20200111_075939.jpg

Will post pics of my flower tent later

Happy saturday yall!

yeah it’s a bit fun when you dedicate a grow to manipulating the plant in this way, and that way! I rather enjoyed doing that with my Jamaican mountain kush plants, I just so happened to give boy names, and they turned out to be males. So it was disappointing but was super fun doing! They were named ren and Stimpy :blunt:
9BED4DFD-16BF-4B83-8EFC-8CC4D17946AE.jpeg

This is my Purple Kush still in veg at day 72 after sprouting.
20200112_193026.jpg

Heres just yesterday after a trim
20200111_075904.jpg

You can see how quickly shes filled out
20200112_193031.jpg

Loving this Mars Hydro 600w!!

...and heres my lil American Haze who has bounced back almost completely after my little nutrient incident.

Heres before
20200108_145427.jpg

and after
20200112_193053.jpg

I trimmed off most of the burnt leaves. Some nice new growth has appeared since.

...I'll post how my flower tent looks tomorrow if I find some time. Purple Kush in there seems to be stretching .5 inch per day and my light is currently right at 18" above top colas.

Not sure if I should raise it (since recommended 12/12 height is 18-22", or keep it where it is as long as it isnt burning them...

Also, just realized...

Vegging purple kush if about at exactly the same size as my other one was when I switched her to 12/12 about 2 weeks ago.

I feel it important to note that I used two different training methods (1 with topping twice, 1 with strictly LST and bending.)
My Purple Kush with only bending achieved this size 2 weeks earlier and was slightly more developed as well.

As far as speed of growth goes, obviously LST I had figured would win, I'm just surprised the growth was also larger and more developed (longer branches) in the less time. I'm curious to see if the yield ends up the same and that will be the deciding factor in me maybe not topping anymore.

Heres mu LST only Purp Kush on Dec. 26 right before I flipped her.
20191226_172650.jpg

And heres my current vegging Purp Kush about 2 weeks later that I topped twice
20200112_193026.jpg

Interesting. You don't have anything to check the CO2 concentration with? It would be very interesting to see what difference it makes.

Interesting. You don't have anything to check the CO2 concentration with? It would be very interesting to see what difference it makes.

I dont know. I quickly looked on Amazon for co2 meters and after I zipped from a couple for 300 bucks and a couple for 20 bucks that probably arent accurate. Decided I'd leave it up to the weed God's and accept whatever the result is.

10 weeks since sprout
2 weeks actual flowering

I keep trying to mess with my phone camera and the lighting to get photos of my flowering purple kush, heres the best of what I could manage
20200115_074312.jpg

I've been lightly trimming away larger fan leaves that block light from bud sites. I've read about a defol before 12/12 then again after week 3 but I've been lightly trimming continuously and she doesnt skip a beat
20200115_074230.jpg

Buds are growing a little each day and shes still stretching
20200115_074258.jpg

Heres some different shots I tried out
20200115_074044.jpg

20200115_074027.jpg

20200115_073953.jpg

Have a good day everybody :yummy::passitleft:

Looking good over there D! :ganjamon:

Thank you !

Any tips or advice for anything more I can be doing during flowering?

I'm currently using fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom and grow big on a pretty frequent basis and she seems to love it.

Lights are at about 15 inches to top cola.

Will be doing a heavier defol at the end of this week.

Any advice appreciated thanks!

Keep doing what you’re doing it seems to be working! I always do a good defole a few days before I flip then leave them be (except a big blocking leaf here and there) until day 21 then do my final larger defole removing anything that isn’t getting light or that won’t amount to much. After day 21 I try not to mess with removing anything anymore unless there is a big blocking leaf that can’t be tucked from time to time.

Got some great photos!

Just keep doing what your doing man! The light at 15” is a lil close but if your plants are Loving it and not showing any effects from it and nothing wrong with that :thumb:

Thanks bro. I'm testing the limits with these cheap blurples. Seems I can get pretty close, I've got the "600w" about 12 inches over my american haze. I keep a close eye and check my plants atleast twice a day to make sure there are no issues so it seems to be fine . I figure in flower they could use all the micromoles they can get

Keep doing what you’re doing it seems to be working! I always do a good defole a few days before I flip then leave them be (except a big blocking leaf here and there) until day 21 then do my final larger defole removing anything that isn’t getting light or that won’t amount to much. After day 21 I try not to mess with removing anything anymore unless there is a big blocking leaf that can’t be tucked from time to time.
What he says :thumb:

Looking good D,
Nice training for a first grow :thumb:
Keep this up and you're gonna be Dr. Greenthumb in no time !
Btw if you're ever looking for other led lights, please check out the Quantum Boards, can't say it enough but I got some monster yields with these led's man! :cheer:
So happy with it that I got a second one, so now at total of 840W from wall on the QB's for my current grow.

Back
Top Bottom