First Grow: Purple Kush

I transplanted my purple kush ladies from 3 gallon to 5 gallon during this last hour of dark period and watered around the perimeter so they can stretch out . I think they'll love the new space!
20191214_144447.jpg
20191214_144441.jpg
20191214_144434.jpg

Here are pics of my Purple Kush that I tied down to train

Actually, the law states that your able to grow 4 as long as the landlord gives you verbal consent. So if he doesn’t agree with it then it’s grounds for what ever punishment is suited by landlord. Sorry to be a Debbie downer over here lol just saying. That’s where owning my house and being my own landlord, is great! But has it’s downfalls lol. It’s probably a good idea to not have stinky flowers in the apartment while he has showings lol

Actually, the law states that your able to grow 4 as long as the landlord gives you verbal consent. So if he doesn’t agree with it then it’s grounds for what ever punishment is suited by landlord. Sorry to be a Debbie downer over here lol just saying. That’s where owning my house and being my own landlord, is great! But has it’s downfalls lol. It’s probably a good idea to not have stinky flowers in the apartment while he has showings lol

Yeah my thoughts exactly haha that's why I'm getting carbon scrubber. I've got a family home to transfer the tents to temporarily before I move if he complains or goes another route with his anger lol As long as I'm not breaking any punishable laws?

Just picked up a couple little 75w LED to throw in with the 600w. They use white light and read 3000K on the package . I figure it couldnt hurt and positioned them up closer to get down to the parts of the plant that would otherwise be covered in shadow by leaves.

All these little bud sites are starting to form!! :)
Sorry about the blurple lighting I didnt wanna pop her out for the picture

20191215_160739.jpg
20191215_160455.jpg
20191215_160503.jpg

What's everyone think?

Just a quick update on my Purple Kush #2 plant that I've topped twice and have been training.

Growth has resumed back to normal and her cola leaves are starting to grow. Her stems are thickening up quite nicely with the tying. I accidentally snapped on of here growth tips off so inadvertently topped her. Hopefully she wont take long to recover because she was starting to get going.

This plant is about 6 weeks old and for the most part my high stress training with her is done. I'll continue to let these remaining growth tips grow tall and fat. I had initially planned on harvesting this one after 4 total months however I may just take her on the move to the new house with me and continue to let her get nice and big to fully utilize the manifold method of training I have given her.
20191218_064425.jpg

Sorry for the blurp pic I had to run off to work but hadn't posted on this plant in awhile

20191218_064414.jpg

There are a few spots on her leaves that are brown and holey, i thought this was light burn, but it doesnt appear on the other plants in the tent so I think maybe I just spilled some nutes on her while I was feeding and maybe it is nute burn or the water magnified the light on those spots.

What do you guys think?

Hey @Dsrkmattertec54 nice grow you have going on over here, nice to see someone growing purple kush with me :) your plants look very similar structurally to mine I also have some manifolding going on. Excited to follow along!

Also did you get your seeds from kcs ?

Hey brother what's up! Glad to have ya peep my journal and share in the magic of growing this beautiful plant!

No, I purchased these particular seeds from growers choice seed bank. So far I'm very pleased with how they grows and how well they adapt to the torture I put them through training them haha

UPDATE:

Wanted to grab some normal lighting pictures of my Purp Kush 1. I decided to bend and tie her down again to gain maximum light penetration and grow her out to her new 5gallon. I took some before and after pics to check the difference and what I did/how I did it.

20191218_163317.jpg
20191218_163331.jpg

She is nice and lush and seems super happy! I've got some fine colas developing.
20191218_163331.jpg

She measures in at about 8 inches from the soil here. I want to give her more time before flowering for her stems to get thick and fill her out to the 5gallon more so I'm going to bend and tie LST

20191218_163527.jpg
20191218_163519.jpg
20191218_163504.jpg
20191218_163344.jpg

Couple shots of her arms. Her colas were starting to get some vertical height, but I want to strengthen the stems and give enough space between each cola so I bent them and tied them away from eachother so they have room to get nice and fat.
20191218_171014.jpg
20191218_170924.jpg
20191218_170929.jpg
20191218_170938.jpg

Couple full body shots of her after the bend and tie. I love how her structure is starting to look!!

looking awesome, you are loving the training!

Its fascinating to me how resilient this plant is to stress. I like seeing what I can do and the result growth that occurs from it. So awesome!

Heres a photo from last night after bending
20191218_173136.jpg

...and heres this morning before I went off to work
20191219_062307.jpg

You can see she has already corrected herself and all colas are pointed skyward towards the light.

Her colas, for the most part, are all within a few inches of eachother so I'm close on the height distribution. At her tallest point she is back to 8 inches off the soil. I'd like for her to get another 8 inches before I flip her. I'm expecting it to be another week or so.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Stay medicated

In too big of a hurry to grab pics this morning but a few changes I made:

I lowered the Bestva 1200w down to about 23 inches last night and the plants in the tent have already responded positively. I had noticed some growth slow after switch their tent and realized I just had the light too far away. I had initially been worried the light would be too hot/strong at that distance but she leveled off at around 81 degrees and 32% humidity. I'd like to raise the humidity so I repositioned a fan and cranked the humidifier so we'll see how the enviros look when i get home today. Will post updated photo.

In my 600w tent with 2 added 75w bright white LED my plant has completely resurrected herself after LST bend and tie 2 days ago. Her tops are at around 8 inches right now and filling out nicely. I think she likes the addition of the small white LEDs. She's looking ready for flower soon, I'm just letting her get maximum half-height for the tent before I flip her to get the biggest yield.

Does anyone think I would benefit from ScrOG net or something of the sort? I'm unfamiliar with this method and dont know when it should be implemented or its benefits...if someone could help me

Thanks

Stay medicated

The way my plant responded to the additionol white LEDs has inspired me to add some to my other tent. Just bought some Sumerflos T8 LED full spectrum white light bars to beef up my large tent for these few weeks pre-flowering and flowering. 4 pack of 2ft light bars at 24w, each 2400 lumens per loght. 420nm-780nm wavelengths. Arriving Sunday, will post unboxing and set up. Tryna kick these plants into high gear!

Back
Top Bottom