420 Magazine Background

THC to CBN ?

Virandell

Hi everybody I will be making new batch of oil for my son I been thinking to use 40g High CBD strain and 2g of Nothern Light. I wonder if anybody know in what temp and time I would need to Decarb Nothern Light to Transfer THC -> CBN ? I think combination of High CBD strain + CBN from northern light would be perfect combination.

Stunger

Hi everybody I will be making new batch of oil for my son I been thinking to use 40g High CBD strain and 2g of Nothern Light. I wonder if anybody know in what temp and time I would need to Decarb Nothern Light to Transfer THC -> CBN ? I think combination of High CBD strain + CBN from northern light would be perfect combination.
I might be and probably are wrong here but just going off my memory, but i thought the longer flowering goes on, like from when trichomes are going amber, that's when THCA will slowly degrade into CBN.

But when we Decarb our buds the THCA changes to THC, and at a somewhat higher or longer temperature, the CBDA changes to CBD. I saw someone's rule of thumb to Decarb the THCA was to heat the buds to 110C for 110 minutes, some people might prefer 120C. I use an Ardent decarb machine so I don't need to bother remembering temperatures and times! But do a search, I think there's quite a few threads with Decarboxylation information. Good luck. :hookah:

Top Bottom