THC to CBN?

Virandell

Hi everybody I will be making new batch of oil for my son I been thinking to use 40g High CBD strain and 2g of Nothern Light. I wonder if anybody know in what temp and time I would need to Decarb Nothern Light to Transfer THC -> CBN ? I think combination of High CBD strain + CBN from northern light would be perfect combination.

Hi everybody I will be making new batch of oil for my son I been thinking to use 40g High CBD strain and 2g of Nothern Light. I wonder if anybody know in what temp and time I would need to Decarb Nothern Light to Transfer THC -> CBN ? I think combination of High CBD strain + CBN from northern light would be perfect combination.
I might be and probably are wrong here but just going off my memory, but i thought the longer flowering goes on, like from when trichomes are going amber, that's when THCA will slowly degrade into CBN.

But when we Decarb our buds the THCA changes to THC, and at a somewhat higher or longer temperature, the CBDA changes to CBD. I saw someone's rule of thumb to Decarb the THCA was to heat the buds to 110C for 110 minutes, some people might prefer 120C. I use an Ardent decarb machine so I don't need to bother remembering temperatures and times! But do a search, I think there's quite a few threads with Decarboxylation information. Good luck. :hookah:

To my limited knowledge, higher heats and longer cook time degrade the THC into CBN. I've read some studies on it but didn't bookmark it so I can't give you a link. Maybe someone else can chime in.

The human body has an extensive network of receptors called the endocannabinoid system. The purpose of this system is to help our body maintain balance and overall well-being, even when external factors and certain lifestyles make us feel worse. CBD and other cannabinoids best cbd for sleep fit into the receptors of the endocannabinoid system, helping the body complete its efforts to maintain our health by supporting many of the body's physical processes. Learn more about the endocannabinoid system.

You want to oxidize the delta 9-THC so it turns into cannabinol (CBN). Light, Oxygen and/or Heat will do it. Most efficient way I've seen is to decarb for 15 minutes at 150C-160C. Don't seal the product in a jar, you'll want the oxygen exchange.

Also, this is how some folks mitigate any remaining THC in Hemp plants.

Back
Top Bottom