The biggest plant ever grown indoors

ForbiddenAct

Whats the official world record for the tallest marijuana plant grown indoors? I'd like to someday build a grow room that could break the record, but I need to do research first.

I've seen a few outdoor plants that reached 12+ feet back in the late 1970's. What seeds would produce such a gaint?:hmmmm:

you will never compare indoor hight to outdoor, it would cost a fortune is lights.
the record for an outdoor ive heard of was a sativa and was 18 foot tall.
having a tall plant wont mean more or better buds and i think thats more important

Not if your trying to break a world record. :allgood:

well if your only trying to break a record then spend about 50 grand on lights and maybe you might get close to the lumens the sun produces. then veg it for say about 5 or so years then flower it.
sorry if i sound like a dick but you must have alot of money to waste to try this,
maybe look up in the book or world records . id bet its not even in there. they dont do this for an illegal

I would think the Dutch would have the record. Running 18/6 for 6 months, then cut back to 12/12 for 4 months. I would hope to produce a plant taller then 12 feet. I have a 4'x4' square that is 22 feet high. I was thinking (16) 8' fluorescent light bulbs turned on end and a 1000 Watt MH at the top on chains would take care of the lighting. I'm sure I'll need a large diameter screen every 18 inches to support the "bean" stock, which I suspect would reach up too 5 inch in diameter at the base.

Do male plants generally grow taller than female plants? This would be an experimental project, not looking for quality. Its not like I'm spending money, going out buying weed. I like a challenge/project. I'm thinking I could pull it off for less then $2k. Look for this grow room setup in the fall of 2010 and the grow journal in early 2011.

Whats the official world record for the tallest marijuana plant grown indoors? I'd like to someday build a grow room that could break the record

now thats what im talkin about, go big brother, and when u do set the world record, be prepared to become very famous, for at least 15 minutes ... :nicethread:

what, i would love to see a pot plant so big u would need a chainsaw to cut it down, people grow giant pumpkins, tomatos, u name it. why not a monster reefer plant?

and as for the "15 minutes of fame" that was just a play on a famous catch phrase said by andy warhol in the late 60s that "everyone in the future will be famous for atleast 15 minutes". today its used to describe something or someone who makes news everywhere today but is nowhere to be found tomorrow ... :peace:

I can recall there being a group of aussies (not sure of that) on the old OG site that were allowed to grow one plant legally. The would go into an old barn and dig a pit 8 or 10 feet deep. They would hang thousand of watts of light in and around it bare bulb vertical style. they did post pictures and definately redifined trees in my book. I recall 16-20ft monsters and many pounds taken.

Back
Top Bottom