The Church and its phenotypes with photos

superbluehaze

The church and its Phenotypes.

This is part one of a two part post on the Church and its phenotypes.
The Church has 3 phenotypes.

This post will deal with the church in its veg stage, and the second part will show the 3 church phenotypes in flower.

Phenotype 1, I veged for 8 weeks, phenotype 2 was veged for 7, and phenotype 3 was veged for 6 weeks.

The Church is a hybrid of Northern lights, skunk, Super skunk and a Swiss Sativa(which is probably a Haze which has adapted to the wet Swiss climate).

Phenotype 1
Phenotype 1 is a large plant, well branched plant as its inter node length is longer than the other 2 phenotypes;

All of the 3 phenotypes are equally vigorous, but because of its larger inter node length, this phenotype grows larger than the other 2; this I believe is because it has taken after it parent Super skunk;

It is this phenotype which is used in the Greenhouse video on the Church. Here are some pictures of this phenotype:

pheno_1_showing_branching_and_height.jpg

Notice the leaf deformity, Super skunk(its parent) also shares this leaf deformity; here is a better picture of it:

rsz_pheno1_leaf.jpg

and here with a rule for scale and to show height, it is in its 4th week of veg:

pheno_1_with_ruler.jpg

and another of her from the top; she has been nipped once at the 6th inter node:

pheno1_again_showing_nipped.jpg

Phenotype 2

Phenotype 2 is also a very vigorous plant but as its inter node length is shorter; it is a smaller plant than phenotype 1, and is not quite as bushy as phenotype 1

In its growth pattern, it is the most sativa influenced of the 3. Some pictures:

pheno3_size.jpg

and again with a ruler to show its height; here is is in its 3 week of growth:

pheno3_with_ruler.jpg

and again another picture of her:

1pheno3_from_side.jpg

and here the 2 phenotypes are together:

pheno1_and_2_together.jpg

Phenotype 3

The 3rd phenotype of the church is the most indica like of all the 3 phenotypes, and from its leaf structure and growth pattern, it takes after its parent Northern Lights, though it has more branching than its relative Northern lights
It has the shortest inter node length of all the phenotypes, and is a squat, well branched plant. Some pictures;

overlay-roundp.gif

and again with a ruler for scale:

pheno3_with_ruler1.jpg

The Church is easy to clone, and is a very vigorous strain.

In the next section, i shall show these phenotypes in flower, and will highlight the differing structure of each phenotype 's buds.
happy growing,

Re: The Church and its phenotypes with photos.

great job...excellent...L
let me know when you post the next part...

I just had to peek in. I see the standard look of every Church, or aka Miss J I ever grown, upturned tips on the leaves. The very tips will always turn up it seems. They claim all this transpires this that, but they grow great either way. I'll look back in evey now then. I myself, as of whats in the ground, did Church for the last 8 harvests, with great results. But sad thing in my eyes, is the last I have is in the ground. I needed fresh seed stock anyways. I hope you reap the same as I did, 'BIG ASS' Buds and good smoke keepem Green

Nice job. Ive grown greenhouses church before and loved it. I only noticed 2 phenos in my grow but loved it any way. Gave my brother 6 clones of wich 3 are still around as mothers. When I get done with this OG Kush thats going right now I'll be back to the church I believe.Cant wait to see more pics of those lovely little ladies.
:thumb:

thank you Warlord98,
I will get the second part up very soon; all the pictures are on my computor, I just have to put it all together. it will be up within a week;
I am pleased you like my post; the next one is the phenotypes in flower.
i have posted a video in the 420mag "grow videos". The church plants in that in flower are phenotype 2.
happy growing

That Church 'aka Elivs', "aka Miss J'. Is a good production plant. It clones easily. And makes some sieruos cola's. I've had them go to 4 oz's per top on some of my outside grows. It can make a monster plant. The tallest I've grown is 12'. And yielded like 4 lb's. Not to shabby smoke either. I can no complaints. Really I have people that prefer Church over alot of the others I've grown. Heres a pic of acouple. Hard to see sorry pic's atad blury. But these are good 9' I started them as a bumper crop but due to bad weather and some budrot, These are really my back up string. I'm hoping for 2 lb's per plant.
chrch2.JPG

I'm glad to see someone else take this stock serious. It's a winner in my book and I'm going to re up 10 more fem seeds this month. Keep up with your thread dude. I'll peek back in the future +++ Keepem Green

wow, blurry or not, (just a little), you can see how hugh they are...may have to look into her...not sure if i have a seed or not...? interesting...L

I can see. beautiful, Norcaliwood. Are these plants grown from clones or seed? The reason I ask is that they seem to be all phenotype 2. It is a matter of opinion but I love this phenotype; there is a better one though - phenotype 3; she is beautiful and takes after her close relative Northern Lights.
I have posted a video on regeneration( the church pheno 3 is in that video) and one on "the church and its 3 phenotypes with pictures". But my head hurts from too much wine, and I can not find them at the moment but they are here at 420 mag. check them out. She can grown really big - bloody beautiful, it is pleasure to see her reach for the stars, great pictures, thank you. She is beautiful is she not?

hi lavender; the church is a beautiful strain, well worth having a look at,
With your green fingers stroking her she would touch the stars.
happy growing

Just for fun I figgured this thread is dead. But I looked down the three types of pheno's seemed said here. These plants I've grown are Greenhouse Seed. And they all got that 70% satvia look to the leaves. She can be a monster if given room. And is great indoor smoke also. But she does like a greenhouse I know this for sure;
Kids.JPG

Older pic's lav. I've been growing The Church on and off for 5 years now. those plants were from clones BTW. I plan on haqving atleast acouple again this year out there. I had 2 of them last year. Between them both I got @ 3 lb's of good smoke.

Back
Top Bottom