The Deep Water Culture Home

No they will not.

If you are going to grow as a grower, you ought to get a ppm meter sooner or later. It allwos for MAXIMUM feedings, or that is the opinion of most growers.

I am convinced lower feedings or using less than recommended is better for your grow tho, and that would rule out the need for a ppm meter. They are not that expensive to experiment with.

And if you have the space start 6 seeds in the tank and get 3 or 4 females, it is not that difficult to rearrange them later..

thanks rose always a privilege

I grew the Sour diesel under cfl's using Advanced nutes for the flowering.

This next grow I'll be using the Advanced for vegging too, I just picked up a couple gallons last Friday.

I'd recommend you get a meter, I bought mine for $18, it's a Hanna and it seems to work fine for me, you don't have to spend a ton of money for what you're doing.

18 bucks! that seems cheap. whered you get it? purpdaddy showed me a hanna for 80 are they different?

Man just readin the vanilla kush man me crave vanilla ice cream lol. Vanilla kush definatley sounds like a tasty treat. Good luck on that grow i will make sure to follow it.

Over time even the best screen is going to get dirty. If mine lasted 2 months it would be a miracle. I'm a stickler for a good clean smoke. I grew it and I want to taste it. I clean my pipe and replace the screens about once every 4 days. From what I hear you can clean it with a plain cloth to get most of it out and you can use isopropyl alchohol to clean the screen and other areas more completely. It's got some prefilter/multiple chambers and it will be fun to try to clog it up!

Don't think it will be smokeless. Cleaner smoke but not smokeless. I figure it somewhere betwwen a pipe and a vape as far as ease of inhale. Maybe like a baby bong hit. That's the hope.

I clean my screens with fire. I hold them with a tweezer and light them up and let them burn off everything. Why wouldn't I do that with the 419 screens. A thought for you as well MC with your regular screens. It takes everything off then just move it around a bit to let the extra drop off.

Alien8 I use a 3 stage grinder, the bottom section catches the trich cystals as they fall through the upper screen. Makes it much easier to roll a joint ! The weed in the top section is nice and clean no clumps !:peace:

What brand to you have? I was looking to get a 5 piece sharpstone with two kief chambers.

Ok my new question of the day. I would like to get some input on what you guys/ and gals think why my plant bushed and bushed out on the first half of the plant now the second/upper part of the plant is all tall and strestched out. Now is that caused by somethin or is it natural?

SDC11830.JPG

GG from what I learned you lights are too high. If you moved them up the plant will stretch to get to them. In the picture they still look high to me so the bush won't happen. If you lower them you may get some bushiness on the top.

Experts will chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks alien8, FryingPanFlyer,
All I can say is beware of PitStop2 and their FREE Computer diagnosis.

I still believe you can get it fixed. Pitstop is not usually a problem however I don't like it. I HATE norton unless they fixed there issues that they have been having for years. If you had norton on your last computer and you still had an issue why use it again. Avast is a great program and is free. I would suggest if you use it to run it once a week by hand. I also suggest using adaware programs around 3 and also run them once a week. I have not had a virus in years.

So my two main lights are too high? Cause they're about 2.5 in from the tops of the plant. So do i hang them lower and on the sides and no longer have them above the plants? I mean wouldnt i want them to stay over top for the main colas or no? I'm just one single fish in this giant ocean of growing. I'm up for any and all ideas and suggestions.

I hope those litrle brown trichs are not crawling around.

Hush I hope not either. I need to really get in and take a really good pic. I can't tell anything with 8x or even doubling it with a magnifying glass. I will take a pic and blow it up on the puter today for sure. I will post results. The results better say no bugs...lol.

Hey guys just a quick update

Ive promised several of you that I was going to contact AN and get some answer of why there email support has been lackluster lately. I spoke with Big Mike and he apologized tremedously about the inconvience caused to anyone here. They are and are still currently working on expanding there company in a huge manner and are trying to compesate as such. They are getting in the ballast game,Fans, etc. As well as trying to get there PH/PPM perfect techology rolled out. Unfortunately the powers that be SS/HF have got the feds up there arse over labeling. And so all the PH/PPM Perfect Techology is ready for release and ready to hit shelves but until the label police (crooked politics) ok there bottles for release then they are at a stand still. So Big Mike has had to higher several new people and train them to answer email and respond to phone calls etc. To his credit he is keeping it in house and not shipping it to a call center in Bangladesh. So they excess of unanswered emails has dropped from 500 last week to 200 today and by this time next week he hopes that they will be answered virtually as they roll in. Also he is going to try and get a courtesy email response set up (based from your guys feedback I passed along) that after 24 or 48 hours you get a auto email giving you an apology and an ETA on your answer. Honestly with all the changes they are tackling and the expansive nature of it I am not shocked they have fallen a little behind but stand on me that it is being taken care of. Thanks for the wait on my contacting Big Mike but he is a busy man.

:thanks:

So my two main lights are too high? Cause they're about 2.5 in from the tops of the plant. So do i hang them lower and on the sides and no longer have them above the plants? I mean wouldnt i want them to stay over top for the main colas or no? I'm just one single fish in this giant ocean of growing. I'm up for any and all ideas and suggestions.

One light is way closer then the other according to your pictures. I think you at one point had them far enough away for the stretch. You can see the branch on the right is way higher then the one on the left. I don't think there is much you can do now. Just lower the left light even with the other one so no more stretch.

Welcome back RP. Did you ever get the 419 pipe? I just ordered it and wondering.

I am waiting for more of you to let me know if you use grinders and what kind and what you think of them. My spaghetti strainer is just not doing the job.

I just got off the phone with HM meters and I need to send them both my meters back they are broke. I will have to pay the shipping one way. I am glad they stand behind there products.

I need some help from my fellow Deep Water Culture. I believe I know what is happening and what I should do, but I figured I would let the experts tell me if I am right. The leaves on three of my plants are curling upward like a canoe (for lack of better adjective). There are no signs of yellowing or browning and other than the fact that they look like they are trying to roll themselves into joints the plants look fine. Please tell me what you think.

Tap water being used Ph level stays between 5.5 and 6.5. Plants are almost 2 weeks old. 5 85w 2700K CFL's, and 3 105w 6400K CFL's. Adding more 6400K today (just came in). Room temp stays around 85-90F (even though vented and fans on), water temp around 80F. Can't think of any other pertinent info you all may need, but please ask any questions.

I clean my screens with fire. I hold them with a tweezer and light them up and let them burn off everything. Why wouldn't I do that with the 419 screens. A thought for you as well MC with your regular screens. It takes everything off then just move it around a bit to let the extra drop off.

That's the way I clean my screens. I get a number of uses from them that way.

18 bucks! that seems cheap. whered you get it? purpdaddy showed me a hanna for 80 are they different?

Oops, I remembered wrong, they are $30. here's a link to amazon:

Amazon: Hanna Primo TDS Tester

1667506711753.png

It's the Hanna Primo TDS tester.

Have you seen the Zero Water commercials on tv? If you buy their water filter for I believe $40 you get a tds tester along with it. I believe that tester would cost you about $30 on the street.

It's definitely not the best meter out there, but it gets you in the game. And what the heck, if it breaks you can buy a new one and still be ahead of the game.

Back
Top Bottom