The Deep Water Culture Home

For my own knowledge base what is engine tape? What does it do in cars? I have looked under my hood and never seen tape.

Roseman may have been referring to a type of aluminum tape also used for ventilation. The stuff is really shiny, I have no idea what the reflectivity may be, but this is what I use for my hot air ducts. Regular duct tape can't take the temperature, that's why I had a joint come apart last Friday, this metal stuff does the trick!

I think HGH was the guy also but I bought some of the insulating tape and it doesn't work. Anyone want to heat shield a muffler? it doesn't stick to the res all that well and at the end of this grow it is falliong off the res. Luckily I'm about a week out and frozen peas butted up against the res will work just fine until the end. Keeps the res in my room about 3-5* cooler. Hanging around 70 these days. Can't wait till the end! Almost out of the homegrown and then onto the bp/soil comparison grow.

Someone mentioned gnats earlier. Do gnats mess up your plants? I thought they were really fruit flys and mess with food not plants. Enlighten me if you know. Another reason for me not to do summer grows. Bugs, bugs bugs.

Roseman may have been referring to a type of aluminum tape also used for ventilation. The stuff is really shiny, I have no idea what the reflectivity may be, but this is what I use for my hot air ducts. Regular duct tape can't take the temperature, that's why I had a joint come apart last Friday, this metal stuff does the trick!

I know about duct tape and heat. My car had duct tape to hold in a hose that was put in in NY. They had to cut my ac hose to put in the hand controls. When I moved the hole thing fell apart. Luckily NY paid the man here to fix it for me. Can't live with out the ac vent on the drivers window side not blowing in this heat.

I think I wrote this long ago in this thread but will again. I have always experienced that men fix things with duct tape and hammers. Has been a long running joke from all people I know including men. It came to a point I used to call men duct tape and hammers when messing with them. Well when I moved to the heat I asked one of my handymen how they fix things here since duct tape and hammers don't work. He said we have to do it right. I only wish that his statement meant more then words since they don't or haven't yet done stuff correctly. People around here aren't too swift but that is another issue. I hope you find this as funny as I do.

Maybe my new guy will work out. He did find that the pack rats ate my car and will by the spark plug wires to fix it. That is a great start.

Someone mentioned gnats earlier. Do gnats mess up your plants? I thought they were really fruit flys and mess with food not plants. Enlighten me if you know. Another reason for me not to do summer grows. Bugs, bugs bugs.

I found gnats in my tanks the week of my harvest and I figured I ws going to kill the plants that week anyways.................I only saw 2 or 3 on my roots and I threw them into the swirling bubbley water and they drowned.

How's everyone doing! hope the temeraters aren't getting to your plants

The Doc has a story to tell you it's about my big mistake.

As you know I spent time building my room and a nice room it is! it is always between 69* 74* degrees no mater what the temps are outside the room, the wall are now insoltated, the res tank is in the room so it stays in the low 70's or mid 60's all the time! the lights are vented so no heat from them! cool, intake and exhust fans, nice yeah! it is!! it is a close to state of the art grow room or at least I like to think of it that way needless to say it works brilliantly.

The Doc's mistake

The mistake was I tried to save a buck in an area where it really really counts, what was that! "nutrients" of course! what I do?

I switched from GH to botanicare! why you ask? I thought I was trying to save money and because it was free yeah like that works! there are no free lunches!

Look maybe your nutrients works for you what ever brand you may use if it works good don't change it up serves no point! to me GH is one of the best nutrient systems out there and I switched over to something that hasn't got the punch needed and will most likely never switch again.

Lession learned? Don't mess with something that works.

I certainly do miss

1oilfan, ACGrow-brain, Blitty D, C5Rftw,

Chkn915, HomeGrownHairy, Hubebaba,

infexion1134 , JonnyBtreed, LongHornFan,

Love1Fear, Lt Shiny Sides, Major Tom,

Mr Senator, origamijoint, pitbudz87,

PowerpuffGirl, Proverbs, PurpDaddy,

ROBBIE313, RPSmoke, Social Smoker,

Stgeneziz,

SyNik4L, Topher89, yarddog35, xpac7007

to name a few.

Holly canolee there are two owls still in the box fry. I haven't looked cause I thought they would be gone. It is the boys, they still want to be fed by mom. How sweet is that.

I got rid of my gnats or whatever was flying a while ago but more come in from outside. I get rid of all bugs since I hate bugs. I was just wondering what a gnat would do to a plant. I wouldn't think anything. I think a moth, got them too, would do more damage.

How's everyone doing, I have to tell you about my big mistake.

As you know I spent time building my room and a nice room it is! it is always between 69* 74* degrees no mater what the temps are outside the room, the wall are now insoltated, the res tank is in the room so it stays in the low 70's or mid 60's all the time! the lights are vented so no heat from them! cool, intake and exhust fans, nice yeah! it is!! it is a close to state of the art grow room.

The mistake

The mistake was I tried to save a buck in an area where it really really counts, what was that! "nutrients" of course! what a dum ass thing I did?

I switched from GH to botanicare! why you ask? I thought I was trying to save money dum yeah!

Look maybe you nutrients works for you and if it does don't change it up serves no point! to me GH is one of the best nutrient systems out there and I switched over to something that hasn't got the punch needed and will never switch again.

Lession learned? Don't mess with something that works.

I am using the botanicare. I had burn issues with them but now learned to keep the nute level in the 300's not sure if that will help you. I am using the cns 17 series grow bloom and ripe. I will use them for next grow as well since this is what I have but will switch to gh most likely when I run out. I have had no issues since I learned not to put a lot. I also harvested the one plant and tasted a few leaves and no nute taste at all.

I made a little bridge for them, in my tank, but I tricked them. I ran duct tape upside down between two grow cups, and when they jumped off the roots, onto the tape............. BAM ! I got em! Stuck and no way to get off the tape!

If duct tape won't fix it, then throw it away!

Duct tape works on everything my Bro.

I got rid of my gnats or whatever was flying a while ago but more come in from outside. I get rid of all bugs since I hate bugs. I was just wondering what a gnat would do to a plant. I wouldn't think anything. I think a moth, got them too, would do more damage.

Hey alien8 to answer your question gnats can be serious pest, but its the larvae that u wana look out for. If they get into the root zone they latch onto the roots and steal available oxygen causing trouble for your roots

Ah thank you. I don't have any in my grow room and kill the ones that come in the house nightly. Again since i hate all bugs they will all die if they come in.

Dr. Who I want a zapper. I took the dogs out this morning and damn a lot of gnats and other small bugs flying around. There where lots of flys too yuck.

Let me know what kind of zapper you look in to. Summer is bug time ewwwww. What is up with all the animals that are suppose to eat bugs and pack rats they are not helping a sister out at all.

I am about to search for zappers. I wanted one last year but by the time I got around to it bug season was over.

I am using the botanicare. I had burn issues with them but now learned to keep the nute level in the 300's not sure if that will help you. I am using the cns 17 series grow bloom and ripe. I will use them for next grow as well since this is what I have but will switch to gh most likely when I run out. I have had no issues since I learned not to put a lot. I also harvested the one plant and tasted a few leaves and no nute taste at all.

So you know I'm not putting down botanicare ! if it works for you continue to use it, I was use to GH and switched, for me it's been the most ph stable nutrien, if you get a chance read the labels on both though you'll be surprized in the mineral an nutrient content of each.

I saw your finish buds there! looks real good alien8 good job.

Back
Top Bottom