The Deep Water Culture Home

im in SE alaska so it is cool here. my hottest was 81 inside top and hottest res temp is 72 degrees in the last 3 weeks of flower.

Pan Handle? or Near Portage Glacier? Matanuska thunderf--k

I tried the cheap meters and they worked but didn't last long. At least that was my experience. I use this one:

SH Hydroponics, Inc. > Sunleaves Expert Plus TDS meter

Just tired of buying throwaways and bit the bullet. This one has lasted me 5 grows and I replaced the batteries once. Remember to use the discount code of Deep Water Culture if you get anything from SH.

Do you have different meters for PPM and PH?

I am going to have three to four buckets so I doubt that will be good. I actually need to do more nute calculations to see which method would save more more three or four buckets or just a 18 gal res. Four buckets seems the best with 4 5gallon use 3 1/2 gal water makes 14gal would still use less nutes than a 18gal res that would be 16 1/2 water perhaps. trying* to find the best meters as I will need to use them often and prob use strips to check against the PH

Flush water - PH adjusted or not?
I always have and I started a flush today and used 5.6 PH water.
I am wondering why, there's no nutes so food uptake is not required at this stage.
How do you you guys flush? PH adjusted or not?

I am wondering why, there's no nutes so food uptake is not required at this stage.

I would say they do esp in soil so they can calculate what runoff

ok i know this is off topic but has anyone seen the new 3ds thats coming out next year ,it is a nintendo dsi that has a special parallax barrier for glasses-free 3D viewing,it will have 3 cams on bored and will support taking 3d pictures,as well as if you are a zelda fan one of the first games is ocarina of time (remade ,same world new challanges) sorry i got off topic its just cool as hell

Then you'll love the mid air hologram projection systems that will be coming out in a number of years from now lol, they project into mid air with no fogger! just air out in front of you 3D.

i fush ph adjusted because i have res ph problems. in flushing the bloombox... the water travels through the emmitters and into the rockwool. no doubt some is left in the 'system' and the rockwool is full of it. i dont want the residue to alter the ph of the nute mixture to follow. am i too worried about this?:smokin:

uh-oh!

"grandpa, what kind of plants are those?"
my 10 yr old grandson (visiting for the weekend) walked into my office while I was doing my res change

me: "turn around, go back outside and play, we'll talk later"

maybe later will never come :wood:

update from yesterdays harvest. scissor hash was off the hook. i just topped the 2 gdp and 1 bagseed because they were ready and all the lower buds were needing the lights dropped on them to finish up. 1st pic the gdp
Picture_754_800x600_.jpg

bagseed
Picture_761_800x600_.jpg

nothing special, too little light this grow, i will be reproducing the sun next grow so we will see a big difference. but the smoke is outstanding, the gdp is one of my favorites.

also this was about 20% of whats in the room, so 80% more is a week away and the outdoor plants will produce over a pound, there kicking ass. the outdoor plants are getting fat and way too stinky

Back
Top Bottom