The Deep Water Culture Home

Hey Deep Water Culture, I thought I'd introduce myself, I've been growing for about 2 1/2 years in soil, Rosemans tutorial conviced me to make the swap over to hydro.
I just finished building & fired up my 1st Deep Water Culture unit this week, more or less an expierament, I put 3-707 Headbands in 6" net pots, they started off in peat so I put them into coco cups for liners in the net pots, these are 3 rooted clones that I won't cry over if I loose them, I just wanted something to learn the system with to start off.
I'm using Milwaukee constant P/H & TDS meters, P/H is riding at 5.9 & TDS around 600, I'm using Botanicare Veg, thats what I was using before I started going more organic in soil, I'm familar with the line and there sitting on the shelve, I'm also using R/O water amending it with 5ml/pg of CalMag and superthrive in veg.
Vegging under 252w of LED, after 3 days 1 of the girls are looking very good and the other 2 I think one will go south & the other is on the cusp right now, no biggie like I said I chose these 3 because like Rambo there expendible if I become the "Canna-nator".
Any nute's advise for future grows I'm open to or any advise at all, I think my biggest issue this week is keeping the temps down, I'm not thrilled the rez temp reads mid 70's.
I had red tinted water the day after so I did a practice water change to try & clear the water, something I was not looking forward to, no muss no fuss, simple, messing with the addional water has been the biggest issue why I've put off going hydro, much to do about nothing.
Can't wait to get rid of most of my soil, except for mothers.
Regards,
John Whorfin

reps to you welcome:welcome:

Hey Deep Water Culture, I thought I'd introduce myself, I've been growing for about 2 1/2 years in soil, Rosemans tutorial conviced me to make the swap over to hydro.
I just finished building & fired up my 1st Deep Water Culture unit this week, more or less an expierament, I put 3-707 Headbands in 6" net pots, they started off in peat so I put them into coco cups for liners in the net pots, these are 3 rooted clones that I won't cry over if I loose them, I just wanted something to learn the system with to start off.
I'm using Milwaukee constant P/H & TDS meters, P/H is riding at 5.9 & TDS around 600, I'm using Botanicare Veg, thats what I was using before I started going more organic in soil, I'm familar with the line and there sitting on the shelve, I'm also using R/O water amending it with 5ml/pg of CalMag and superthrive in veg.
Vegging under 252w of LED, after 3 days 1 of the girls are looking very good and the other 2 I think one will go south & the other is on the cusp right now, no biggie like I said I chose these 3 because like Rambo there expendible if I become the "Canna-nator".
Any nute's advise for future grows I'm open to or any advise at all, I think my biggest issue this week is keeping the temps down, I'm not thrilled the rez temp reads mid 70's.
I had red tinted water the day after so I did a practice water change to try & clear the water, something I was not looking forward to, no muss no fuss, simple, messing with the addional water has been the biggest issue why I've put off going hydro, much to do about nothing.
Regards,
John Whorfin

WELCOME to the Deep Water Culture JW, you'll learn from the best. Roseman and Mostlycrazy and many others here! who have the best info for growing.
Much Luck on your endeavors at growing with bubbles from Doctor Who .:rollit:
Todays Update! I know Not the bubbles! but they will come back in the winter but for now!

Bit of a heat wave! the outdoor grow, one plant has just been loving the heat and has grown 4" in the last few days what's up there! most be the strain it comes from! where the heat has the other plants growth slowed down to a crawll and killing off 2 of the smaller weaklings out the bunch.

Setting and watch David Gilmour: Live at Gdansk, this has to be the best I have heard! man just plan awsome music, the 2 hour show will be repeated this Monday night the 7/26 8pm DIRECTV CH 567 PLDAHD catch if you can! you'll love it, Awsome Concert.

well I just came from the doc's. they say everything is looking good so far. I still cant laugh or move or breathe without wishing for death. I have learned that I am completely unable to drive a wheelchair, that whole going down hill thing realy sucks.and going up hill, forget that noise.
I know a few of you want to see the video, and im working on it. I am computer stupid and having a fight with it trying to get the video to upload.. I am working on it and wil send it pm to those who requested it soon as I win the fight with the computer

I didn't ask previously crbanshee but I will at this time. I would like a copy of your hell-mate cam video! Again I wish you a speedy and complete recovery

So it is finally official. I just ordered 5 pack blue mystic, 5 pack White widow and 6 pack OG KUSH from attitude. Damn they spiked them prices up! I originally wanted to order 4-5packs and the OG KUSH which came out to $206 but now its about $187 with the order i just made. Hope everyone is doing well, not having the best day but at least my beans should be here by AUG :)

Regards,
John Whorfin

welcome:welcome::yahoo:
im new 2 but have found a little home here :)
so ill torch one 2 ya. look forward to seeing ur grow. im gettin plenty of great help here. my husband complimented my very green thumb last night. im just a few weeks from smokin my own and in this town....thats money in the bank. just hate tryin 2 find it and spend 4 it.
as i said earlier, this is more fun than smokin a bowl until im smokin one i grew myself!:rollit:

Regards,
John Whorfin

:welcome: John Whorfin! :welcome:

I am a newbie here, but you won't find a better, more helpful bunch anywhere - even in the 8th dimension!
I look forward to seeing your grow and how it works out. :reading420magazine:

Since I can't resist, please say hi to John Bigboote, and John O'Connor for me, Dr. Lizardo! :)

:welcome: John Whorfin! :welcome:

I am a newbie here, but you won't find a better, more helpful bunch anywhere - even in the 8th dimension!
I look forward to seeing your grow and how it works out. :reading420magazine:

Since I can't resist, please say hi to John Bigboote, and John O'Connor for me, Dr. Lizardo! :)

OMG! I finally get it now! :rofl: I love that movie!

Setting and watch David Gilmour: Live at Gdansk, this has to be the best I have heard! man just plan awsome music, the 2 hour show will be repeated this Monday night the 7/26 8pm DIRECTV CH 567 PLDAHD catch if you can! you'll love it, Awsome Concert.

Nice Doc, that is a good video!! I purchased that for my brother, when it first came out and of course I had to borrow it! Yet another reason why David Guilmour is one of the best guitarist ever. Unfortunately that was Rick Wright's(Floyd keyboardist) last show, he passed a couple months later.

Good Afternoon Deep Water Culturez !!

Just wanted to drop bye real quick and Post a Picture of my Lady in the Flowering Tent.. ..

EDIT.. ..

OK,, maybe just 2 Pictures.. .. lol

I hope everyone is having a great Day so far,, its FRIDAY !! !!

:)

RedDawg, Those are some nasty lookin colas dude !! Bet your gonna enjoy smokin dem buds , dem buds , dem sticky buds !!:bravo:

RedDawg, Those are some nasty lookin colas dude !! Bet your gonna enjoy smokin dem buds , dem buds , dem sticky buds !!:bravo:

Mr.Ol Hippy and Mr.Scaredeecat..

Thank You kindly Fella'z.. They still have a couple Weeks to go yet,, but theyre looking like they might turn out even BETTER than they EVER have for me in Dirt before.. !! !!

Gotta LOVE that !! !!

Hope you guys are enjoying your Fridays !! The Weekends here !! !!

:)

Back
Top Bottom