The Deep Water Culture Home

thanks MC, what's a good nute ratio to go back to during a time like this? i'm kinda in the dark, i was following the simple recirc program almost to the letter, and i was currently at the aggressive growth stage. 3-2-1, and 1ml/gallon of floraliscious plus

thanks MC, what's a good nute ratio to go back to during a time like this? i'm kinda in the dark, i was following the simple recirc program almost to the letter, and i was currently at the aggressive growth stage. 3-2-1, and 1ml/gallon of floraliscious plus

If your already Def, I wouldn't suggest cutting back your nute regimen at all. Just adding the magnesium and calcium will help.

thanks alot for the hope guys, purp has been helping me out alot. did another res change and did 4ml/gal gro 2.5ml micro, 2.5ml bloom. i've got some cal mag comin in the mail, (does anyone know how to use?) hopefully that should clear up the mg deficiency, until then, i've gotta watch my babies suffer, and they're getting worse...

..... That doesn't sound right at all..... Only 2.5 ml per gallon? maybe ozs. no wonder your getting deficiency's.....

When i was at aggresive growth stage at about week 4 I was using 75 ml of grow, 45 ml of micro, and 15 ml bloom.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

I think that's the per gallon total, right GN? Yes and cal-mag is an add to and doesn't change the nute level

right but even then - 4.0 ml of grow and 2.5 ml of micro per gallon is still only 24 ml of grow and only 15 ml of micro and bloom per SIX gallons... the recommended dosage is 3X that for Grow and Micro, and he's right on with bloom.

75 ml of grow
45 ml of micro
15 ml of bloom

And magnesium is ONLY in the grow nutes... General Hydroponics Flora Nutrient PPM Calculator
which is the reason when you go into bloom with the flora 3-part that you so often run into magnesium deficiency's
hence the need for cal-mag

Thats why you have your deficiency in the first place grownavy....

trust me bro - fertilizer and pesticide dosages are my specialty. :roorrip:

Hey guys just wanted to pop in and say hey. This is actually Tmsculli from the old boards, hope to keep up with you guys here.

Hey guys just wanted to pop in and say hey. This is actually Tmsculli from the old boards, hope to keep up with you guys here.

Hey Hey whats goin on man!

:roorrip:

RP,

Drooping leaves are usually overwatering. Leaves are heavy with water if you will. Is the rock wool really soaked. Do the leaves look like they have raised leaf parts(sort of bumpy looking) and are dull?

Before I posted yesterday, I figured they were starving. I use Oasis cubes over rockwool, but they weren't very moist to the touch. They were limp, but the leaves felt dry. Also, some leaves were starting to turn yellow, telling me a lack of N. I had them on real light nutes and maybe to low on the water? I upped the nutes just a little and raised the water to just a hair under the net cup.

This morning, the roots are finally coming through the cups, the plants have perked up just a little bit.

Plan to drain and replenish tonight. Keep a heavy feeding of veg. And see what happens. :smokin:

Man oh, Man, we are so glad you made it.

I, we tried leaving footprints and notes to get word to you. We're all so very glad you found us!

Please do a post in INTRODUCE YOURSELF, jsut so you see how hospitable they are here.
You're really going to love it here, the entire gang is here now, I think.

Be sure to check out the Contests and how to get pics put in the magazine. They are asking for additional pics now.

Hey Jonny, your an Arborist aren't you? What if I were to use the water from my res changes to put on my trees, lilac bushes, honeysuckles, wild flowers etc? Of course not now, snow covering the ground, but in the spring when every thing outside gets going again.

Everything is pretty new, I just put the landscaping in May of '08 so they've had 2 years to establish. But the dirt here is terrible and I'd like to help it get some good nutes in it too.

Hope you can help.

Oops, I see where I just posted this question on another thread too, well, maybe this will help Jonny find it. If not I'll pm him, but I bet others would like to know too.

Hey Jonny, your an Arborist aren't you? What if I were to use the water from my res changes to put on my trees, lilac bushes, honeysuckles, wild flowers etc? Of course not now, snow covering the ground, but in the spring when every thing outside gets going again.

Everything is pretty new, I just put the landscaping in May of '08 so they've had 2 years to establish. But the dirt here is terrible and I'd like to help it get some good nutes in it too.

Hope you can help.

I'm sure that would be fine. I've actually been using the nutes on my bushes around my deck during the spring and summer. I also deep root fertilize everything in the spring and fall, and haven't seen any sign whatsoever of over fertilization. My advise would be to use it only on woody perennials, shrubs and trees. See how they respond.
Don't forget the woodier the stem on the plant or shrub the longer it will take to see the effect of over fertilization. A tree may take up to a year to show effects of over fertilization or nutritional deficiencies, or other environmental influences.

The idea behind it being, it might not be all the nutrients they need, but unless their already in some sort of decline, something is ALWAYS better then nothing. Be sure to water it occasionally after fertilization as well (like every other day). Might sound like commonsense, but, figure I'll say it anyways.

No Jimi Hendrix fans here?

One of the greatest guitarist of all time. Great music.

We have a concert that comes out this way called Experience Hendrix. Last one was a few years ago, and had the last remaining band members. Also had guest appearence by Earth Wind and Fire, Santana, Buddy Miles for one of his last shows, and so many more. Was the concert of a lifetime.

I have missed the last couple years, but will be there for 2010.

EXPERIENCE HENDRIX TOUR | Celebrate the Music & Legacy of Jimi Hendrix | 2010 Tour Starts March 5, 2010 ...

I'm sure that would be fine. I've actually been using the nutes on my bushes around my deck during the spring and summer. I also deep root fertilize everything in the spring and fall, and haven't seen any sign whatsoever of over fertilization. My advise would be to use it only on woody perennials, shrubs and trees. See how they respond.
Don't forget the woodier the stem on the plant or shrub the longer it will take to see the effect of over fertilization. A tree may take up to a year to show effects of over fertilization or nutritional deficiencies, or other environmental influences.

The idea behind it being, it might not be all the nutrients they need, but unless their already in some sort of decline, something is ALWAYS better then nothing. Be sure to water it occasionally after fertilization as well (like every other day). Might sound like commonsense, but, figure I'll say it anyways.

I had amazing pepper plants last year using my old nutes on them... from what I've seen, most plants love a feeding of the good stuff.

I had amazing pepper plants last year using my old nutes on them... from what I've seen, most plants love a feeding of the good stuff.

Very true I'm sure almost all fruits and veggies will benefit. Especially from the flowering nutes. Although i haven't done my veggie garden yet at the new house, I was just too busy, so I didn't want to give advice on something I didn't for sure know the answer too. :grinjoint:

Thanks for the advice man, I'll have the greenest bushes in the neighborhood this summer!

Back
Top Bottom