The Deep Water Culture Home

My thread for football I created for us Deep Water Culture here was deleted because it was not "grow" related. Whatever....... but the whole reason we use this site and see the ads is grow related right????

For clarification, all threads and videos need to be 420 related (Not grow related). You can talk about religion in the context of 420, football in the context of 420.

We don't have that much staff capacity to moderate the extraneous topics. We aren't as strict on the visitor messages, and or course you have the option to communicate with your friends via private message

Oldgrowerdude makes oil this way, Check it out.

make your own hash oil

We're discussing the solvent policy again in the backroom right now. We just want to make sure we don't have a Richard Pryor type event from using butane, heat, or compression. Remember for every member you see here there are 19 guest reading what's posted here as well. We can't save the world but we can do our part to not contribute to methods that are only safe for chemists, lab technicians, or those with training and experience with such matters.

I'm not sure the link to the vodka method conforms with current guidelines, I see no difference between this and Rosemans iso method, given it's static soak. As I said, please give us a bit to discuss this; we like to be open minded and if we're wrong or a policy needs to be altered we're happy to do it.

've certainly seen grow journals get way, way off topic... but I suppose as long as it's a grow journal, and the grower is cool with it and still posting grow pics... it's alright?

Two issues at play here. First, we can't read em all ;) Second, we do allow a little more off-topic in a grow journal as long as it doesn't hijack, doesn't bother the thread owner, is brief, and doesn't violate any other guidelines.

We're not opposed to off topic discussion per se, and have had suggestions about opening up an off-topic forum. We have a thread running about site suggestions and are interested in feedback.

For now though, sorry our guidelines prohibit non-420 focus

How many Mods are on this forum Damn. I am feeeling bothered.

Here's the link that shows staff except for our Hospitality Team
420 Magazine - Show Groups

Sorry if you're feeling bothered my friend, that certainly isn't our goal.

Maybe (and I mean this will all love and respect), a quick review of our Forum Guidelines might help avoid further annoyance ;)

Just what I was thinking, earlier today I was getting a little put off by some of the deletions, but when I got to thinking about it, I realized I'd rather be in a little better controlled environment than an open free-fo-all.

BINGO ;) That's what we're going for ;)

3. Do NOT Fuc* with a man bull$hittin' about football and growing pot.

Now I may have added a rule to my standard set of rules to live by. But I am 30 years old and I still hate to be told what to do or to say or type.

Again Bro, and with all love and respect. I'll fight by your side to defend your right of free speech - - from the government. This is what the first amendment is for.

However you've voluntarily decided to join a forum owned by a private company. This is more analogous of you making rules for your own house on what your guest can and can't say while they're under your roof. Isn't it fair for both of us to be able to do this in our own homes ;)

Chatty bunch, I see! You guys got a lot of post count fast. How long b4 I can post an avitar or pix? Is there a link or is it in the FAQ?

thx in advance..HGH

There's a link in my sig to the tutorial on how to post. Any member can post pics from day one of being a member.

It takes 25 posts before you can PM

You can post an avatar on day 1

This is why we are all still on this site ! You people do run a tidy ship and I think most people really enjoy the atmosphere . :clap: Thanks mods .

Soniq420, thanks for taking the time and pointing out these things for us, yes, the explanation you give is the reason why we are here. I've never thought of the solvent thing the way you guys have, thanks for opening up my eyes to the social responsibility you are promoting, I definitely respect that.

I think a couple of the guys are reacting to new rules, my take is that most pot smokers don't like too many rules, hell, most of us are doing it illegally! But I am here because of your rules, even though I didn't realize it at the time!

One thing off topic, let's all say a prayer for the people of Haiti today, they can use the help.

Alright I'm back for the time being for a bit. Been having serious internet issues lately. Verizon screwed me bad. So now I'm waiting on a dedicated DSL line. I shouldn't complain because I WAS getting free internet that whole time. So yeah... Haven't had internet since last Wednesday and I won't have internet until the 27th or so when they're putting in the dsl line. So yeah, Didn't want yall to think I went to jail or nothing ;)

Right now I'm in THE MOST uncomfortable position all squirreled up and twisted on the couch with my laptop pressed up against the window closest to the only open network I could find... So I probably won't be on nearly as much till the end of the month.... But I'll check in every now and again...

:peace:

For clarification, all threads and videos need to be 420 related (Not grow related).

Can you please elaborate on the difference in the meaning of 420 and growing pot?

We're discussing the solvent policy again in the backroom right now. We just want to make sure we don't have a Richard Pryor type event from using butane, heat, or compression. Remember for every member you see here there are 19 guest reading what's posted here as well. We can't save the world but we can do our part to not contribute to methods that are only safe for chemists, lab technicians, or those with training and experience with such matters.

I'm not sure the link to the vodka method conforms with current guidelines, I see no difference between this and Rosemans iso method, given it's static soak. As I said, please give us a bit to discuss this; we like to be open minded and if we're wrong or a policy needs to be altered we're happy to do it.

I can easily see the need to NOT use or recommend the use of HIGHLY FLAMABLE SOLVENTS. That BUTANE stuff IS very dangerous. But in my humble opinion, Rubbing Alcohol is recommended as an alternative to butane because it is safer AND the use of Rubbing Alcohol for extraction is widespread use in books and all over the Internet. I just don't think it is any more flamable than 100 Proof Vodka . And besides, there is NO flame or fire used with it.Please let us know what the verdict is, we have a lot of FAN leaves to process.

Alright I'm back for the time being for a bit. Been having serious internet issues lately. Verizon screwed me bad. So now I'm waiting on a dedicated DSL line. I shouldn't complain because I WAS getting free internet that whole time. So yeah... Haven't had internet since last Wednesday and I won't have internet until the 27th or so when they're putting in the dsl line. So yeah, Didn't want yall to think I went to jail or nothing ;)

Right now I'm in THE MOST uncomfortable position all squirreled up and twisted on the couch with my laptop pressed up against the window closest to the only open network I could find... So I probably won't be on nearly as much till the end of the month.... But I'll check in every now and again...

:peace:

we just want to see those trees that you grow, in some pics soon! Good luck getting the DSL soon. We do miss you when you are not around.

well thanks for the honest answer rose. i agree with you as far as them being stunted or runts, but i don't know where to go from here, they've been showing growth everyday though especially if you look at all the pics in the past. they still seem to be growing, today i came home to this. i'm not sure if its heat stress or what. my hps was 15'' away from it, and theres some rusty colored spots on some leaves, with purple stems. todays my drain and replinish day so hopefully it turns around, take a look.

IMG_06975.jpg

IMG_06984.JPG

IMG_06993.JPG

IMG_07003.JPG

i raised my light up, now its about 2' away from the tops of the plants. so should I start over? I'm kinda disappointed in the way these babies are growing but everything as far as the conditions are in check. i don't want to waste any more money and i really wanted to do this for my grandfather. i topped all four of them after the drain and replinish. i thought that they were supposed to double, perhaps triple in size during flower? the strain is wonder woman from nirvana, it said that the grow height was medium. i'm at a loss as far as whether i should even continue or just shut it down.:surrender:

Never give up, Your plants dont look that bad, Im sure all the Deep Water Culture will get you back on track,
It gets easier with experience and there is an amazing support group here

Never give up, Your plants dont look that bad, Im sure all the Deep Water Culture will get you back on track,
It gets easier with experience and there is an amazing support group here

You never really learn anything until you have a problem... keep growing grownavy! They will reward you for your patience with renewed vigor and eventually some nice buds.

This is my 3rd grow and I started with some ph probs but everything is in check now, Im running 18/6 with advanced 3- part, the bulb is a hortilux mh. My first few grows were ok but they were learning grows as is this one. But they seem to get progressively better!!
DSC000198.JPG

DSC000261.JPG

DSC000243.JPG

Grownavy, If you think your plants look bad you should have seen the mess I had damn near burnt my last lady to death, but I hung in and shes lookin a lot better. Believe them when they say any mistakes are great for learning ! I've learned a lot because I make a lot of mistakes, but not as many as before !! :peace:

Califotnia is moving foreword with total legislation aside from the med part, it got the majority vote today! next step I believe the vote is up to the people of california to vote it in to law.

Almost. It must first go before the Health Comittee first. The deadline is this Friday, and chances are slim that the bill will be heard by then. I still have hope, but the chances are slim that the people of California will get a chance to vote on it in the 2010 elections. Ammiano, the orginal author of the bill, has promised to reintroduce it if it doesn't pass this year.

This is a great step, as this was the first time we really allowed some debate and voting on ending prohibition. It's a start at least.

Also worth knowing, San Francisco likes to use their June elections. They do not mean much, but there are talks of a legalization and regulation ballot on their, so that the city could begin to get some of the money from adult recreational use. :peace:

Here is a quick pic from yesterday's air bath
DSC00246.JPG

And a pic I thought was cool looking into the res thru an open hole
DSC001682.JPG

The top pic is at 31 days in the system after soaking for 24 hours. Will be changing over to flower soon.

Back
Top Bottom