The Deep Water Culture Home

thank you but I actually feel worse then I have been. My regular doc appt is tues and I guess i will have to take something. I have been sick over a month and not getting better at all. I drank a whole bottle of tussin to no avail. I smoked last night from the new vape and coughed a lot. I don't think I should be coughing from small vape hits. I will see what doc says. Maybe I got walking pneumonia who knows.

As far as lights I will be pissed when regular bulbs are gone. I have cfls but don't like them they give you headaches and make noise. I also hate the slow lighting of them. I much prefer old school bulbs.

Ms.Alien8..

I too have had a persistent Cough that my Bestest Half gave to me almost 2 Weeks ago,, and I rarely get Sick.. So I kind of know how you feel.. Im sorry your not feeling better,, hopefully that will change soon.. ..

RD are you going to plant those clones, they look ready to me any more roots and it is going to become difficult.

Ms.Alien8..

lol .. There is only 1 surviving Clone left unfortunately.. But Ive kind of been waiting for it to grow Feets and Walk off or something.. lol .. J/K .. Yes Maam,, I need to make a few Light Fixture changes to the Veg.Tent though,, and my poor Back has simply been Frowning on the Thought.. I do agree though,, it NEEDS to be done.. Im hoping today that Pain or no Pain,, I can get it done.. ..

MC,
This pics for you buddy! These two plants are WW clone sisters. One is my best hydro girl and the other is my best Air Pot soil girl. They were planted in their respective containers on the same day.
The hydro was under halide and the soil has been under T5. This is why I scrapped the halide. If a soil plant under a T5 can keep up with hydro under halide I figure the logical choice would be T5 since it produces much less heat and uses less energy.
I think you can also see why I'm such a big believer in air pruning of roots in soil with the new generations of containers.
The comparison should start to get very interesting as these plants go to bloom together.

[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_03912.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_03912.JPG"][/URL]

:cheer::slide::cheer::slide:

Huge thanks to 420 sponsor Single Seed Centre! You're the best! :yummy:

[/URL]

Boot, if you are monitoring every day then it shoud be ok to reduce the water level. I'd run a trial for a week and see what happens.

Thanks MC. Next rez change I want to go to a new tub. Right now Im in a converted cooler that holds about 6.5 gl of water (2 Plants) and a 5 gl pail.
approx 3.5 gl water (1 Plant). My new converted cooler will hold about 15 gl. but support all the plants. I just want to reduce the ammount of nutes, ph Up or Down etc, I use, Root balls are robust so I will try and monitor. Thanks again.:thanks:

Thanks for the pics OB! I'm doing a soil/bp and your doing a soil/drip. This ought to be interesting!

Speaking of which, my soil plants are now alternating leave so I right now in the process of a light change from a 400 conversion bulb to the 400 hps. When they say go, I go!

Well, I guess I'll test my ceiling height on this one. They are all at 18-19" and with the Jack Herer it keeps growing vertically for 3-4 weeks instead of the usual 2 weeks and I can expect 2 1/2x veg height. That plant has some haze (classic sativa) in it and if it favors that gene I'll get some practice in plant management. At 2 1/2x veg height I'll be within 4" of maxing out my light height ( 16" total left and I need the light a foot above the plants). Think I'm going to throw every cfl I have at it and then justify a t-5 purchase. I know I will, I've seen me do it! LOL!

can I fimm a plant more than once and how soon after can i go 12/12?
I'm sure It's been covered here some where and I checked RM's tutorial
hey OH you still let it all hang out?:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

MC, I have a feeling you're going to be fighting monsters! My Yumbolt are sativa dom and shot up like crazy. They went to bloom at 20" and finished at 60"! I had to pull and tie down the tops to keep them under the lights.

I'm beginning to be a big believer in T5HO. I've seen some growers on this site do some special things so i had to start trying them out. I've used the small 2 tube fixtures for cloning but never gave it shot for any other stage till now. Plants just really like that light. Just as much if not more than mh. I like the way the T5 keeps the canopy level too. Like a scrog without the screen. + the ability to mix and match bulbs to fine tune a spectrum like cfl is cool.
I also think there might be something special to be had in a T5+led bloom. That's definately on my radar.

Well as usual I'll probably piecemeal my acquisitions. As I said this grow looks like I use up my cfl's from past grows. Maybe then I get the t-5's but I have to put a little more thought into whether I would want them in a couple of 4 light banks to use as mounted side lights with the 400 hps on top or get maybe 4 - 2 bulbs so I have more flexibity in movement to where they are needed.

Then at some point I may go LED as a replacement of my 400 when the tech and the price match up better.

MC I would like to know your thoughts on the LED issue since you keep saying the tech is not there yet. Also we see many very low price LED's and higher price LED's do you know the difference?

RD I don't get sick much either so this is strange for me. I never took off from work unless it was a play day hehe.

Since it was mentioned wanted you all to know there is a national lampoon marathon on tomorrow on comedy central. It is on from the early morning on.

@alien8, I just finished a few flowering cycles with 2-HGL 126w from about oct to july 1st, I just put them in the Veg box, they do flower but they don't live up to the claims as most LED lights don't, they do veg great but I would'nt have spent the duckets for veg lights.
It sux to see other people getting the same & somtimes better results using CFL's only, I almost hit the .5 G/PW with just LED & when I matched them with CFL I almost got 1. G/PW, if I were to do it over again I might consider GHL, Kessel, or TI-smart lamp or check out Lumiteks new Metal Halide Plasma light, thats where I'm going, M/H plasma developed by Luxim.
Unless you have the money's to play around and not care, I'd recomend staying away from most LED's, especially in the 1watt chip range, no penetration down low, they have there application, micro/home grows where heat would be a big deal, and they do create heat, my 4x4x6' box would easilly hit the low 90^s, my thermostat would cycle my exhaust on 83^ often and take 3-5 minutes to drop & turn off at 77-79.
Have you checked out Irish's LED comparison journals?
HTH,
John Whorfin

Since it was mentioned wanted you all to know there is a national lampoon marathon on tomorrow on comedy central. It is on from the early morning on.

Alien8,are these the Chevy Chase movies ? The "Vacation" ones ? :rofl:

I'm looking at the price coverage ratio. To get an LED that would come close to matching my 400 in coverage I would have to spend around $1000. My power is so cheap ( 6 cent per KWH) that my light cost me about $45/month to run in grow and half that in flower. Any LED with enough power to cover a 4'x4' area right now would cost about $20 in power. At a difference of $25/month I have time to wait until the price drops. Tech will always get better over time as the manufacturers compete for market share and it's up to me when the price/value relationship is right.

Now if I was starting from scratch and I had to compare the LED to a 400 with the exhaust/ducting the price points would be closer.

burble I think very different from most here as you may have read. I really think a new grower should keep is as simple as possible till you learn. I think that you may have wanted to get so much from your grow you didn't keep it simple so you ran into problems you weren't prepared for. I had two successful grows with not a fantastic yield but all lived and all produced. I had some issues and learned from them I personally would never have used additives in my first or second grow. I may use some sort of zyme in my third.

I honestly don't know how much simpler I could have made it. :hmmmm:
I germinated the seeds, put them in the rockwool in the res under the lights and tried to keep the PH & temps in range.
I didn't add anything until there were 4 leaf tips after the round leaves like Roseman's tutorial and others here said to do.
I do have a tendency to over think things but I have actually been following what I have been told to do (that why I ask so many questions). :)

I think trying to be a professional grower starting out causes a mess load of problems. I still think you had two much light for young plants. Yes you will need that amount and more as they grow but to me it is like give an infant 3 gallons of milk a day when they only need around a quart(an example i can't remember how much milk infants eat). I hope you take this in the vein it was meant.
I did tell someone here that I would be happy if I get 2 viable females out of the 6 seeds I germinated, so I don't think I am trying to be a professional grower quite yet! :laughtwo:
I get what you mean about the light issue, but I have read online of people putting seedlings under HPS lights, so I didn't think my lights are the issue, however you may be right - I sure as heck don't know!:loopy:
I appreciate your tips and opinions, like I said before, you are light years ahead of me.
I may be dumb, but I'm smart enough to know that you and the others here know more about this than I do!:)

Again it is just my opinion you need to crawl before you walk and then eventually run.
I'm trying to crawl, believe me!
But right now I'm just lying on the floor flopping like a fish out of water! :rofl:

can I fimm a plant more than once and how soon after can i go 12/12?
I'm sure It's been covered here some where and I checked RM's tutorial
hey OH you still let it all hang out?:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Sure you can fim it more than once. Any grow tip that has a chance to reach the canopy including any side branches can be fimmed. When they are small I fim all tops.

I like to wait at least a week after my last fim to go to flower. Gives the fimmed site enough time to grow out a little.

Sure you can fim it more than once. Any grow tip that has a chance to reach the canopy including any side branches can be fimmed. When they are small I fim all tops.

I like to wait at least a week after my last fim to go to flower. Gives the fimmed site enough time to grow out a little.

:welldone:&thank you Sir

What are they catchin?

Back
Top Bottom