The Deep Water Culture Home

RD,

Even if they do hermi because of the dark there is no time for the pollen to develop.

RD is right on the purpose of the darkness. They think they missed out on the pollen season and throw out trichs in case there is one around. We're just taking advantage of their natural tendencies.

RD,

Even if they do hermi because of the dark there is no time for the pollen to develop.

RD is right on the purpose of the darkness. They think they missed out on the pollen season and throw out trichs in case there is one around. We're just taking advantage of their natural tendencies.

Mr.MostlyCrazy..

That makes sense.. I wonder then,, what 2 Weeks of Darkness would do.. ??

:)

Mr.MostlyCrazy..

That makes sense.. I wonder then,, what 2 Weeks of Darkness would do.. ??

Slows things down too much. Stops the buds from getting fatter, and doesn't really help produce much extra anything from what I found. I went dark to soon and ended up doing 2+ weeks of it, and had no real extra greatness then what 2-3 days gave. Also a chance of hermie, but mine was fine.

ok everybody i'm testing this out don't jump on the 5 days of darkness just yet. how he explained it to me is a plant only wants to propagate and have babies(offshoots) or grow seeds so the species survives. there only job in life coded into them is survival of the species. So when a non pollinated female is nearing the end of her life she needs to get pollinated and produce seeds so her species will be back next spring. So when we throw her into prolonged darkness she thinks her life is coming to a end and she tries everything she can to get pollinated, which is get as sticky as she can to trap male pollen. this is what i was told, i did not do a pre thc test so i won't know for sure. but if i can get multiple testers from him. i will do this scientifically next time and test before and after the dark period.

if u will excuse a querry from a total newb....why the darkness before harvest?

Slows things down too much. Stops the buds from getting fatter, and doesn't really help produce much extra anything from what I found. I went dark to soon and ended up doing 2+ weeks of it, and had no real extra greatness then what 2-3 days gave. Also a chance of hermie, but mine was fine.

Mr.VapedOutJoe..

Thats good to know.. !! .. Thank You for your Input my Friend.. !! .. Im thinking Ill stick with 48 Hours of Darkness myself,, at least for now.. ..

:yahoo:

all i know is he is the only person to test a nug in front of me and show 28% plus thc. the local dispensary's do there own testing of what they sell and publish the amounts for each strain they have and they run from 12 to 20%. i'm sure it also has to do with the genetics he is growing, but it's what he does. i'm not worried about it becoming too couch lock because 75% of it will be ground up and made into butter or tincture.

Skin, Your starting to sound like a botanist !! or would that be potanist ! better yet weed rangler !! Whatever you seem to be on a quest for the 40% thc plant !! Bubba-kush#1

No problem Red. I can't say it didn't make the thc % go up, I don't do any of those tests. I can say the first few days I did notice a bit of trich development though. That was nice.

Mr.VapedOutJoe..

Thats exactly what Im looking for.. !! .. Since starting Her Dark Period,, Ive even got the Temp. in the Bloom Tent Shes in down to 62 Degrees.. Im hoping that will help as well.. And although Shes already pretty FROSTY,, why not try for more.. ..

all i know is he is the only person to test a nug in front of me and show 28% plus thc. the local dispensary's do there own testing of what they sell and publish the amounts for each strain they have and they run from 12 to 20%. i'm sure it also has to do with the genetics he is growing, but it's what he does. i'm not worried about it becoming too couch lock because 75% of it will be ground up and made into butter or tincture.

Mr.SkinWins..

I cant say I blame you for trying,, I would be curious to know the outcome for sure.. Keep me Posted if you can,, maybe next time when I have more than 1 Lady in Bloom Ill try as well.. ..

And as well,, I figured I should take a couple more Pictures of my Lady in Blooms FINAL Last Days,, before She gets the AXE this Weekend.. ..

[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/7-23-10_02.JPG"][/URL]

Heres a Picture of her Back-Side too.. Gotta Love an A$$-Shot.. ..

[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/7-23-10_03.JPG"][/URL]

And last but not least,, a Semi-Close Picture of some Trichs,, you can ALMOST tell theyre about 50/50 Amber.. ..

[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/7-23-10_Trichs.JPG"][/URL]

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday so far,, its SUPPOSE to actually be in the low 90s here in Oregon this Weekend.. WoooHooooo !! !!

Much Love and Respect to all.. ..

Hey Red Dawg you wanna borrow my trim guy? He has his own tools and works very hard!

Leatherface.jpg

lol what i went to college for in the 80's and am a registered farmer here in ca. i use to grow organic specialty lettuces for restaurants in the 90's as a hobby. but then the med fly came and they sprayed the whole area with chemicals(damn helicopters). so 2 years of work getting certified organic was thrown out the window. ohh well. this hydro i have down, it's growing in pots that drives me crazy, i like things to be in the ground i hate pots, ohh and my green house is giving me fits but thats my own fault and this damn weather this year, 60 degs one week with 70% humidity and next week 95 deg and 80 to 100% humidity. too much humidity for flowering. ohh well, need to go water everything, be back in a hour or 2. plus i work at night and never get to sleep during the day, i averaged 2 hours a day of sleep this week. i can't even think straight right now, but cleaning ladies are here now so no sleep until they leave, then jazz festival tonight in newport so even if i get to sleep it will only be for a few hours

Skin, Your starting to sound like a botanist !! or would that be potanist ! better yet weed rangler !! Whatever you seem to be on a quest for the 40% thc plant !! Bubba-kush#1

I do darkness out of habit more than anything. There is always more trichs than there were 3 days before but I'm just not sure if that wouldn't have naturally occured by normal plant development. In those last two week an indica can change a whole lot and major daily changes are not that unusual! I'll go with the no harm-no foul rule here.

burble I think very different from most here as you may have read. I really think a new grower should keep is as simple as possible till you learn. I think that you may have wanted to get so much from your grow you didn't keep it simple so you ran into problems you weren't prepared for. I had two successful grows with not a fantastic yield but all lived and all produced. I had some issues and learned from them I personally would never have used additives in my first or second grow. I may use some sort of zyme in my third.

I think trying to be a professional grower starting out causes a mess load of problems. I still think you had two much light for young plants. Yes you will need that amount and more as they grow but to me it is like give an infant 3 gallons of milk a day when they only need around a quart(an example i can't remember how much milk infants eat). I hope you take this in the vein it was meant.

Again it is just my opinion you need to crawl before you walk and then eventually run.

Ms.Alien8..

High ya young Lady.. !! .. Good to see you,, Hope youre feeling a little better.. !!

thank you but I actually feel worse then I have been. My regular doc appt is tues and I guess i will have to take something. I have been sick over a month and not getting better at all. I drank a whole bottle of tussin to no avail. I smoked last night from the new vape and coughed a lot. I don't think I should be coughing from small vape hits. I will see what doc says. Maybe I got walking pneumonia who knows.

As far as lights I will be pissed when regular bulbs are gone. I have cfls but don't like them they give you headaches and make noise. I also hate the slow lighting of them. I much prefer old school bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom