The Deep Water Culture Home

Hey infexion

As soon as my roots hit the water I remove the feeder tubes as well as the water pump. I have had no issues. Reasoning is a; during the hot months the pump was adding a few degrees to my already 80 degree res and b; if it's unnecessary to have the pump in the res, it should be taken out as you can avoid crap in the filterand some bad things that can go with that. I actually thought my aunties started growing faster once they had to reach for the water vs bottle feeding them with the pump and tubes.

Peace

Sam

My first grow I left the pump in until week 4, not a big deal removing it, but I did have to deal with roots tangled in the lines. I just got the pump and lines out and trimmed up the roots to make sure I didn't leave any in the res.

but the second grow now I took them out right after I saw all plants had roots in the water. They have since taken off, just what I expected once the roots hit the water. I just wanted to get the pump out before I had any issues removing it once the roots got too thick like last time.

I plan on hanging out. I am a Deep Water Culture that's back, joined last spring. New site, good vibes. I stopped at the point when Roseman (+rep if I could, don't know how much has to be spread cause your due again) was starting his tutorial/grow. It's great to be back and all the positive vibes. Really nice to see Roseman's latest harvest.

Here's the setup-
Tent 2x4 - Flower chamber
600w HPS Nextgen Switchable to 400w and MH
Hydrofarm Radiant 6 Hood
6" vortex fan
6" organic air carbon air filter
171w 2700k CFL
190w 6500k CFL
961w total flowering

1 homemade rubbermaid Deep Water Culture- 4 pots, pump, hub and tubes (started back up yesterday w/SLH)
3-5 gal buckets diy, drip feed, I run small pumps in these, bubbles (started 2 last week w/Jack Herer, 1 today w/Burmese Kush)
1-5 gal bucket diy, waterfarm drip air pump, bubbles (waiting for it's turn)
1- 3 tube 17 site stinkbuddies type set up (need to modify for space inside ran veggies in it outside last summer mmm peppers)
1 - aerojet 2 tray system, still nib, too big for growing space
plus more 23w cfl's and 2-2ft-2 tube T-5's veggin and 200w CFL for momma's

So I am a big time DIY for most of the hydro stuff. Much easier to build, for space, size, parts and so on.

Hanna 3-1 meter
AN nutes, Sensi base and too much to list for the rest, I run AN.
Botanicare nutes, Pureblend Pro veg and bloom, sweet, karma,--I use sweet

Anyway, it's nice to have a happy place to share/get advice, hang out and watch the grass grow!!

I plan on hanging out. I am a Deep Water Culture that's back, joined last spring. New site, good vibes. I stopped at the point when Roseman (+rep if I could, don't know how much has to be spread cause your due again) was starting his tutorial/grow. It's great to be back and all the positive vibes. Really nice to see Roseman's latest harvest.

Here's the setup-
Tent 2x4 - Flower chamber
600w HPS Nextgen Switchable to 400w and MH
Hydrofarm Radiant 6 Hood
6" vortex fan
171w 2700k CFL
190w 6500k CFL
961w total flowering

1 homemade rubbermaid Deep Water Culture- 4 pots, pump, hub and tubes (started back up yesterday w/SLH)
3-5 gal buckets diy, drip feed, I run small pumps in these, bubbles (started 2 last week w/Jack Herer, 1 today w/Burmese Kush)
1- 3 tube 17 site stinkbuddies type set up (need to modify for space inside ran veggies in it outside last summer mmm peppers)
plus more 23w cfl's and 2-2ft-2 tube T-5's veggin and 200w CFL for momma's

So I am a big time DIY for most of the hydro stuff. Much easier to build, for space, size, parts and so on.

Hanna 3-1 meter
AN nutes, Sensi base and too much to list for the rest, I run AN.
Botanicare nutes, Pureblend Pro veg and bloom, sweet, karma,--I use sweet

Anyway, it's nice to have a happy place to share/get advice, hang out and watch the grass grow!!

Sounds like you are ready to rock and roll!

Sounds like you read alot and learned alot and are now ready to grow with a sweet set-up!

I think you are going to love that Jack Herer. I'm liking mine. Very vigorus growth. If it smokes as good as it looks I going to be one happy stoner! 3 to 5 weeks out from the cut on that one. Buds are filling. Distilled water is helping with the ph fluctuations. Girls drank a gallon and the ppm stayed stable so she's eating and drinking well. I love this time of the grow!

I am looking forward to Jack. I have been waiting since last year to bud. Can't wait.
MC good to see your on the home stretch with Jack. Supposed to be the cream of the crop.

Hey infexion

As soon as my roots hit the water I remove the feeder tubes as well as the water pump. I have had no issues. Reasoning is a; during the hot months the pump was adding a few degrees to my already 80 degree res and b; if it's unnecessary to have the pump in the res, it should be taken out as you can avoid crap in the filterand some bad things that can go with that. I actually thought my aunties started growing faster once they had to reach for the water vs bottle feeding them with the pump and tubes.

Peace

Sam
Yeah, my water can get kinda warm too running 1000 watt MH. A few degrees less will help out.
They are 11 days old, I was gonna wait until they were 2 weeks before removal of the pump. I may do it tonight.

My first grow I left the pump in until week 4, not a big deal removing it, but I did have to deal with roots tangled in the lines. I just got the pump and lines out and trimmed up the roots to make sure I didn't leave any in the res.

but the second grow now I took them out right after I saw all plants had roots in the water. They have since taken off, just what I expected once the roots hit the water. I just wanted to get the pump out before I had any issues removing it once the roots got too thick like last time.
Yeah for me I always had alot of roots tangled in the pump and tubes after leaving it in for 4 weeks. So this time it will be about half that, I'm confident they will thrive and I can avoid the mess of roots in the pump.(Also making them easy to clean for next time.)
Thanks for the input friends

Well, I removed the pump and tubes from the 2 resevoirs. I left them in on the 5 gallon bucket. I'm using SH's 10 inch "bucket buddy" netpot so it will take longer to show roots. They are all at 3/4 dose of nutes and additives. I'm hoping for an explosion of roots.

Random newb question... Plan on gettin a 600watt hps, and im wondering if 240 v power cord is a needed or what is the point of it. This is prolly a silly question but ohh well lol

I just topped them yesterday. today is day 37 from sprout. I'll be flipping them on Monday to 12/12 while still running the 3-2-1 gh simple recirc for the 1st week, then I'll switch to transition after wards i think, and I'll run that for the next week, and that's when I start upping the bloom? I'm just trying to make sure I've got all the corners covered before I start flowering u know? thanks guys! and let me know what you think!

IMG_07574.JPG

IMG_07573.JPG

IMG_07561.JPG

I'd plan on keeping them on veg nutes for the first two weeks of flower to avoid the leaf drop you can get when you go 12/12. Then go to the transition nutes of 2-2-2 for week 3 of flower and see how they do. I'm running at 1.5-2-3 at 7 weeks in 12/12 and they seem to like it but every strain is a little different and you adjust to what you see and not a calender.

003260.jpg

002299.jpg

005249.jpg

011160.jpg

i plan on hanging out. I am a Deep Water Culture that's back, joined last spring. New site, good vibes. I stopped at the point when roseman (+rep if i could, don't know how much has to be spread cause your due again) was starting his tutorial/grow. It's great to be back and all the positive vibes. Really nice to see roseman's latest harvest.

Here's the setup-
tent 2x4 - flower chamber
600w hps nextgen switchable to 400w and mh
hydrofarm radiant 6 hood
6" vortex fan
171w 2700k cfl
190w 6500k cfl
961w total flowering

1 homemade rubbermaid Deep Water Culture- 4 pots, pump, hub and tubes (started back up yesterday w/slh)
3-5 gal buckets diy, drip feed, i run small pumps in these, bubbles (started 2 last week w/jack herer, 1 today w/burmese kush)
plus more 23w cfl's and 2-2ft-2 tube t-5's veggin and 200w cfl for momma's

so i am a big time diy for most of the hydro stuff. Much easier to build, for space, size, parts and so on.

Hanna 3-1 meter
an nutes, sensi base and too much to list for the rest, i run an.
Botanicare nutes, pureblend pro veg and bloom, sweet, karma,--i use sweet

anyway, it's nice to have a happy place to share/get advice, hang out and watch the grass grow!!

great post, + rep for you, old friend!

I just topped them yesterday. today is day 37 from sprout. I'll be flipping them on Monday to 12/12 while still running the 3-2-1 gh simple recirc for the 1st week, then I'll switch to transition after wards i think, and I'll run that for the next week, and that's when I start upping the bloom? I'm just trying to make sure I've got all the corners covered before I start flowering u know? thanks guys! and let me know what you think!

IMG_07574.JPG

IMG_07573.JPG

IMG_07561.JPG

I think that is some great growth after that slow spell. They are really looking much better! Much, much Better!

Back
Top Bottom