The Deep Water Culture Home

it is a very busy an active thread.

Daily I click on Deep Water Culture FORUM to look for newbs and new Deep Water Culture to help and to invite them to join.
We all need to occasionally do that.

I looked for it guess I missed the thread, I'll add that to my favorites Deep Water Culture Growing Q & A , but your right every time coma back to this thread pages have been added.

HELP! My roots are getting brown and slimy. What should I do guys!?

SAM_10011.JPG

Also if I remember from your journal, you are using organic nutes??? There is some debate on the effects of H2O2 and organic nutes,(depending on who you read on here - Roseman told me H2O2 is bad for organic nutes), so I wouldn't add any more nutes back in until you do another res change.

I want be starting a journal anytime soon, I am just breeding indoors now and getting things ready for outdoors. I am just here to offer help and my exp to anyone and for good company. I've used almost all growing methods and nutes etc and love passing on what I've learned over the years so feel free to ask me anything and I'll try to help out. I am new to the whole forums thing, Ive always just stayed up late reading or working in the garden but since I've found a good online community I am ready to give back some of what I have learned. Thanks again in advance to all of you for the warm welcome.

Welcome Cafghanica. Thank you for adding another mind added to the think tank. :peace:

So olhippy any weight on them colas what was the heaviest

They looked good, that's for sure! Awesome work hippy friend!

I find them cute too GG that is why they are still there. It will be interesting to see what happens with them.

Do you have them on 12/12 light or longer?

12/12 they will continue to bud after they recover. If 18/6 or longer, they will grow super curled leaves and reveg. It looks way weird! But works.

First day of college successfully completed. I think I must be crazy. I'm a full time student, a part time worker, and a full time Marijuana-ist! Kind of cool though because I'm going for a 2 year degree in Horticulture Technology. I am just interested in growing all-around!

On a side note, maybe we should start a Deep Water Culture Q&A Thread just dedicated to questions and answers? That way we could all hang out here, and converse about all of our opinions and ideas, while having a thread we could easily check up on because it was solely Q&A? Just a thought.

Congrats on college! Big step. :bravo: I love people who like to learn!

Good idea! Check out more threads in the Deep Water Culture section. :bong:

A few pictures of my current grow.
These are really sturdy plants, Seems like I have been in the hospital more than at home, and they seem to be doing pretty well!
My THC Bombs have been in veg wayyy too long, but there is nowhere for them to go until the girls in flower finish up!

Both closets are about out of room, so I am tying up, tying down, bending and doing whatever I can to make it to the finish. (When I am home) Lots & lots of buds are growing :slide:

Just thought an update was way overdue.

Dianne

Looks like some killer bud! And one full closet!

Roseman what do you think of my grow? Am I improving? What about the curled leaves?

I'll get back and take a look alien. Until then, maybe more Deep Water Culture can help! Guys?

Should I add 12 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide or something??

Ahhhhhh !!!!! Brown Slime Algae. It's a monster.

How far along are you? What week? flower or veg? nutes? Water temp? Room temp?

We'll get it taken care of. I had my battle with BSA before. It's a tough bastard, but you'll still get quality smoke. Answer those questions, let me round up my info, and go from there!

You can also PM me. I read those asap.

Also if I remember from your journal, you are using organic nutes??? There is some debate on the effects of H2O2 and organic nutes,(depending on who you read on here - Roseman told me H2O2 is bad for organic nutes), so I wouldn't add any more nutes back in until you do another res change.

Organic nutes? Which ones?

Yes, I am a firm believer that organics and DWC don't mix. Not that it is impossible (nothing is) but it makes it that much more difficult.

Blitty - lets get this taken care of. Let me know whats up. :bong:

Ahhhhhh !!!!! Brown Slime Algae. It's a monster.

How far along are you? What week? flower or veg? nutes? Water temp? Room temp?

We'll get it taken care of. I had my battle with BSA before. It's a tough bastard, but you'll still get quality smoke. Answer those questions, let me round up my info, and go from there!

You can also PM me. I read those asap.

Yes, I am a firm believer that organics and DWC don't mix. Not that it is impossible (nothing is) but it makes it that much more difficult.

Most of that info can be found in my Burkle Bubble Grow journal in my sig. Last week I was experimenting with some FF organic nutes that I have left over but currently AN nutes are the only ones in the reservoir right now. Im heading to the store for some peroxide. Any other advice?

Thanks so much RP and everyone else!

Thank you both...appreciate the encouragement!:thanks:
The only time using H2O2 is bad for any garden organic,inorganic,mixed regimen is that it will kill your beneficial bacteria and fungus that most garderners try to keep alive in their rez and at the grow medium. If you have more of those beneficials such as Piranha,Tarantula, or Voodoo Juice then you can just flush with PH corrected water at between 5 to 35% hydrogen peroxide for several hours, drain the rez and refill with normal nutes give 24 hours for any risidual proxide to break down and then just readd your beneficials.

I would however recommend running something like Sensizym at double strength with a mild nute mix then for a couple days I know that Sensizym will help cleanse your roots whiten them up get rid of the slime and any dead or dying roots will be broken down and feed back to the plant in useable forms. (I am sure there are = or better products than Sensizym but I know that it will work for sure thats the only reason I mention it)

This link will explain alot of what I am speaking about and also helps explain the things listed below. Instead of doing what Erik says at the end of the video about using Sensizyme to flush near the end of flowering is what I am talking about doing with your problem. So it can safely be done now or with a product that works the same. And you can even use 4 times the recommend amount of sensizyme safely.

YouTube - Hydroponics Secrets Ten, Hydroponics Enzymes

Also I do not buy enzyme products really anymore I just started making a bioreactor of (Piranha,Tarantula,Voodoo Juice) that I feed with a small amount of carboload and as the beneficials grow they produce many different natural enzymes. This saves me on hardly ever having to buy Pirhana,Tarantula,Voodoo Juice by simply keeping a single rez that is basically a bio reactor when slightly modified. If anyone wants the details on a bio reactor I can give ya the basics on mine, came up with the premise for saving on beneficials through a home made bio reactor on my own but i am surely not the first. =)

PS in your case I may even run the peroxide through and then run sensizym through afterwards and then keep sensizyme on the high side for the next several feeds afterwards remember to give it a day after the nutes stablize to reinoculate with Pirhana,Taratula, or Voodoo Juice or any living beneficial organisms

I don't know all the organic nutes, but I was considering using Botanicare ProGrow and ProBloom which are organic and that's when I started researching the effects of H2O2. I have found that if you want to you can use products like hydrozyme (sp?) or cannazyme or something similar if you don't want to use H2O2. It appears you can also still use H2O2 for root rot but you shouldn't add organic nutes back in until after you do another res change.

(*edit thanks Cafghanica forgot about sensizym - wow you type way faster than me!)

I don't have any personal experience with this yet, but it's what I have been told by people I trust.

I do know of some Deep Water Culture using organic nutes with great success.

Peroxide is good to have. Worth going and getting. But it doesn't always work best against this slime.

Physan 20 is the stuff you will really need. Nasty stuff, but it works.

FF nutes? As in their normal line? No worries, not the most organic. It's compatible with h202... no live beneficials. (*edit Cafghanica went into far more detail on this topic.)

Anyway... I got some info for you to read... but its a lot. I'll try PM. Give me a little bit.

Sorry I am not more familiar with your setup bro. Just don't have all the time I would like. What's the temps? Room and water?

If anyone wants the details on a bio reactor I can give ya the basics on mine, came up with the premise for saving on beneficials through a home made bio reactor on my own but i am surely not the first. =)

Sounds great - send me a PM please.

Anyway... I got some info for you to read... but its a lot. I'll try PM. Give me a little bit.

I would like to hear more too, could you include me in the PM please.

I don't know all the organic nutes, but I was considering using Botanicare ProGrow and ProBloom which are organic and that's when I started researching the effects of H2O2. I have found that if you want to you can use products like hydrozyme (sp?) or cannazyme or something similar if you don't want to use H2O2. It appears you can also still use H2O2 for root rot but you shouldn't add organic nutes back in until after you do another res change.

(*edit thanks Cafghanica forgot about sensizym - wow you type way faster than me!)

I don't have any personal experience with this yet, but it's what I have been told by people I trust.

I do know of some Deep Water Culture using organic nutes with great success.
Oh yeah I believe in a mixed regimen you can use the Sensi 2 part or Coniseur lines and really its about 85% organic and 15% inorganic. I find a nice medium between quick up take and long term feeding when using these lines, I have also had excellent results with the 100% Organic AN line but would still recommend Big Bud Supplements as well as overdrive but big bud is not 100% organic and overdrive is close but still not 100%.

Con is definatly the way to go its the same formula as Sensi 2 part bloom but with for proprietary hormones extracted from kelp/seaweed through fractionation that drive the plants metabolism extremely high at the end of flowering when it tends to slow, so you end up with plants that are Girthing and growing with no trade off on potency and increase in yield and overall beauty of the bud.

Rp the baby clones were in veg for around two months but didn't want to keep the system going for them so put them into flowering with my new grow. So they are on 12/12 now.

BTW all I reweighed my now fully dried bud from last grow and I did get 30 grams. I am happy with this for my first grow. The grow I am doing now will be last for a long time since I also was able to get product the other day. I am good for the year after this harvest in a few months I believe. If I get good yield will make the crap I bought into hash instead.

I will stay around and continue to read and learn and put two cents in on simple question if I know the answer.

Back
Top Bottom