The DS300 Ebb & Flow Mystery Grow!

Big Boots

- Advanced LED Diamond Series 300w
- Blue Planet Nutrients Elite Three-Part Series
- Clones from proven mystery mother (a gift from friends in CA)
- Flood & Drain/Suspended Planter method
- 2’ x 2’ Flood Tray
- 5" net pots
- 1.5" rockwool cubes set in hydroton
- 20 gallon reservoir
- 2' x 4' x 7' Closet
- Vented from crawlspace to attic via 4" inline exhaust fan
- Room Temp: min 72, max 77 (f)
- Humidity: 40 to 60%
- Res Temp: 70
- Well Ph: 6.2
- Well PPM: 40

Closet_1_-_Week_1.jpg

Suspended_Planter_-_Week_1.jpg

Fan_and_Light_Bar_-_Week_1.jpg

Room_Ceiling_-_Week_1.jpg

Hello there! This is my first indoor grow using hydroponics and I’m giddy as a school girl. I’ve been obsessing over it for the last two months, reading for at least five hours a day and staying up until 4am plotting my super secret high tech grow. :) My goal was to keep it simple, clean and consistent.

Well, it hasn’t quite turned out that way. Haha.

Everything was going great for the first week of cloning. The plants were strong and showing beautiful white roots at 10 days with a 100% success rate. Then, near disaster. The Diamond Series manual says to activate both switches after the first week of veg. Genius over here thought it said "after the first week of cloning," so I turned on the second switch way too early and freaked my plants out! Long story short: I finally learned how to read, I'm back to one switch and my 3-week-old baby girls are a little pissed off.

I just transplanted them into the flood & drain system yesterday. I’m assuming correct lighting and a healthy schedule should correct the problem. I’m still learning how to “read” my plants, so please let me know if you see something wrong.

Plant_-_Week_1.jpg

Plant_2_-_Week_1.jpg

Plants_-_Week_1.jpg

Week 1

*I transplanted the clones into net pots and hydroton by partially submersing and arranging them underwater. This technique allowed me to easily and safely position the plants in the hydroton, but it also soaked the hell out of the rockwool. Going on gut instinct and previous failures, I will only feed them once or twice a day for 15 minutes until they are more established.

LED: 18/6 (30" from plants)
BPN: 2.5 ml/gal of Micro, Grow and Bloom
Flood: Once a day for 15 minutes
Plant Size: 3"
Ph: 5.9
PPM: 330

Priority #1 is to get the plants healthy again. The next step is to figure out how to let them grow. I have eight plants sitting in a 2 x 2 tray in a 2 x 4 x 7 closet, and they can grow to a height of approximately three feet. Should I SCROG, LST, or just let them roam free? I have no idea what to expect in terms of yield or g/w. Again, your input is truly appreciated. Thanks!

re: The DS300 Ebb & Flow Blue Planet Nutrients Mystery Grow!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom