Trainwreck vs Super Jack / Ebb & Growin

Hey Slo finally made it. You're looking good.

FYI, I'm flooding 6 X 30, I think the Blueberries like it, and I could probably go to 8 times as well (but I'm not messing with anything).

I watched the South Park episode last night, before I read your journal, "classic"

I'm hoping for "Blueberry Haze" like results for you :goodluck:

Glad to see you made it, I am really impressed with your journal!

When doesn't South Park hit the nail on the head! I love that show forever....

To be honest, I am not expecting quite as much for yield on this grow. I am well aware that "Blue Dream" is a producer, if anything I didn't hit its full potential. I have read numerous places, where they state, "expect 2lbs a 1k light off it." I am expecting the same quality though. I have bought blue dream a few places, and I promise mine came out "top shelf". I pretty much owe all the credit to 420magazine, but they never show for smoke outs...

On to other news, yesterday I did my reservoir change. After close examination, I decided to push the nutes. I ended up with 1300ppm as my safe guess (originally 1100). I checked this morning 6:30am 1300ppm , tonight 6:00pm 1225 and not a bit of burn. It wasn't warm today, and I barely noticed a change in water level. I believe this means they just ate food?? Enough babbling, Hope everyone has a great weekend.

running with the big dogs with the high PPM's....what nut job clown told you that shit??????
they are just stressin a lil...relax...its a weed. You remind me of myself as a kid in little leage//nailed a home run and then struck out...like my grows...win big lose big..
baseline what worked and adjust if you havent. I suspect your gonna be fine bro. I also suspect you have alot more time growin than me....you did hit a grand slam on the Blue Dream.....it feels good to win. doesnt it?

running with the big dogs with the high PPM's....what nut job clown told you that shit??????
they are just stressin a lil...relax...its a weed. You remind me of myself as a kid in little leage//nailed a home run and then struck out...like my grows...win big lose big..
baseline what worked and adjust if you havent. I suspect your gonna be fine bro. I also suspect you have alot more time growin than me....you did hit a grand slam on the Blue Dream.....it feels good to win. doesnt it?

The girls seem to be loving the higher ppm, plus I added some botanicare sweet, which seemed to darken the leaves. I have to agree about the grand slam with the Blue. It was my 7th harvest, first time with hydro, and it is by far my strongest, best yielding, best tasting. As for my failed second attempt.. I learned my lesson, and it wasn't that devastating. I am also happier with my strain selection this go around. I have tried super jack before, and its a beauty. Take care Pit, and thanks for stopping by.

The girls seem to be loving the higher ppm, plus I added some botanicare sweet, .

Well..... this morning I went in, and I noticed a bit of yellow new growth. It seems to be in the veins of the new leaves. I have looked around a lot, and yellow new growth generally means magnesium/Iron/Sulfur deficiency.... I look on different sites, and see different deficiencies listed. At this point its very minimal, and I have read that sometimes it takes a little bit for chlorophyll to fill in on new growth. One possibilty could be a lockout of mag, but I am unsure. I used 4ml per gal cal-mag, and 8ml per gal Botanicare sweet.
Heres some pics.

new129.jpg

new220.jpg

very curious indeed. what was your ph at when you checked the res after it had gone down from 1300 to 1225? maybe ph is too high?

After a bit of fumbling around, I am pretty sure I locked out some micro nutrients. It must be adding too much sweet on top of cal-mag. This next res change I plan on leaving out botanicare "sweet".

Things are looking good though, I have 2 runts, 3 beast, and 7 average sized girls. I supercropped the 3 beast, and I tied down a couple other girls that had weaker stems. I swapped the water yesterday with plain RO, and plan to let them flush for 48 hours. I am hoping 2 days will be a long enough flush, to be able to cure the lockout. I will post pics tonight. Hope all is well in everyone else's gardens.

After a bit of fumbling around, I am pretty sure I locked out some micro nutrients. It must be adding too much sweet on top of cal-mag. This next res change I plan on leaving out botanicare "sweet".

Things are looking good though, I have 2 runts, 3 beast, and 7 average sized girls. I supercropped the 3 beast, and I tied down a couple other girls that had weaker stems. I swapped the water yesterday with plain RO, and plan to let them flush for 48 hours. I am hoping 2 days will be a long enough flush, to be able to cure the lockout. I will post pics tonight. Hope all is well in everyone else's gardens.

Also its good practice to rinse the measuring device out with water between each nute that is added. If nutes come in contact with each other in concentrated form they can "react" so to say (create more complex salt bonds or whatever) that can be unusable by the plants. "Lockout"

Another good practice is to stir up the res between each pour to help reduce risk of concentrated nutes coming in contact with each other before properly diluted in the res.
:goodluck:

Also its good practice to rinse the measuring device out with water between each nute that is added. If nutes come in contact with each other in concentrated form they can "react" so to say (create more complex salt bonds or whatever) that can be unusable by the plants. "Lockout"

Another good practice is to stir up the res between each pour to help reduce risk of concentrated nutes coming in contact with each other before properly diluted in the res.
:goodluck:

Yah, I have a ritual going right now. I add all my water, minus 5 gals. I then add 5ml per gal of cal-mag. Rather than stir, I just dump another 5 gals in. Then I smoke, and wait about 10 minutes, and rinse my measuring glass + dry. Then comes A, I stir for about 2 minutes, then I go wander around the house for another 10, then B and so on.
I am also using 2 Ph meters every time I check my res, 1 millwaukee, and 1 hanna. I am hoping this go around should improve....

the Sweet didnt cause an issue

My hydro store guy agrees. He says I was locking out nutes becase I was running too high a ppm. Right now all I have in the res is Cal Mag, Bc Grow + Boost, that's it, 975 ppm. The reason I thought it was from the Sweet, is because I was seeing yellowing towards the top of the plant, (non mobile). But my hydro store guy says, if you are running too high a ppm, you can lock out everything. I honestly wish I new for sure what the problem was, because I am kind of stumped.

My hydro store guy agrees. He says I was locking out nutes becase I was running too high a ppm. Right now all I have in the res is Cal Mag, Bc Grow + Boost, that's it, 975 ppm. The reason I thought it was from the Sweet, is because I was seeing yellowing towards the top of the plant, (non mobile). But my hydro store guy says, if you are running too high a ppm, you can lock out everything. I honestly wish I new for sure what the problem was, because I am kind of stumped.
I disagree..In my experience your PPM is no where dangerous...your locked. plain and simple.
flush for 2-3 days with plain water and renute.

I disagree..In my experience your PPM is no where dangerous...your locked. plain and simple.
flush for 2-3 days with plain water and renute.

High PPM in general doesnt have to mean lockout. What makes up those PPMs and in what ratio's along with temp and pH is what can cause lockout. Too much of one nute (too high PPM of that particular nute) can and will lockout another nute depending on which nute has the offensively high PPM.

High PPM in general doesnt have to mean lockout. What makes up those PPMs and in what ratio's along with temp and pH is what can cause lockout. Too much of one nute (too high PPM of that particular nute) can and will lockout another nute depending on which nute has the offensively high PPM.

I experienced high PPM without lockout with my Blue Dream, I simply just got nute burn...
It looks to me like I locked out either Magnesium, Sulfur, or calcium. My reason for pointing the finger at Sweet, is because it adds more magnesium on top of the mag I put in with the Cal-mag, and I simply thought I got too much and locked out something else. Confusing shit.....

Updates
Day 19
Just spotted a tiny bit of powdery mildew, I am pretty suprised. I have kept my RH% below 50% the whole time, and I have filtered intake. My best guess, is it's a bit cold in there. It has been chilling in the 60's. My plan of attack, is to use 1 part skim milk to 9 parts water foliar spray. I am also going to run the sulfur burner for a couple hours, so I can coat the room. I spotted it on 1 of the smallest Super Jack's, and a medium sized 1 next to it. I only found it on 2 leaves, which I removed.

Things are going great.
I sprayed down the girls with some voodoo juice a friend of mine gave me. It was called eagle 20, it was not something I would use in flower... I ended up pulling 1 of the Super Jacks, it was simply not growing, and she was 1 of the 2 with powdery mildew signs. I replaced it with a Lavender clone from a local dispensary. After 1 week, the Lavender has grown 3 inches and looks good. I have been supercropping the girls in an attempt to keep a uniform canopy. So far, it is working pretty well. The average height is about 16-18 inches, I am waiting until 22 inches to flip them into flower. 5 days ago, I shaved the bottom 6inches off in order to keep my air circulation up, and my popcorn bud down. Here's some pics from today.
DAY 29
NICE_VIEW.jpg

GROUPIE.jpg

11203.jpg

BELOW YOU CAN SEE SOME OF THE MARGINS CURLING UP, THIS HAPPENED 1 WEEK AGO ALONG WITH SOME DROOPING. THE DROOPING WENT AWAY WITH THE WATER CHANGE, AND NO MORE LEAVES HAVE CURLED.
MARGINS.jpg

SHAVE_DA_LEGS.jpg

VIBRANT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom