420 Member
Bucket Size-2 gal. Fabric Pot
Medium-60% Coco/40% Perlite
Light-One 300W Mars Hydro running 18on/6off
Nutrients-FloraNova Grow & Cal Mag
Strain-Early Miss Auto Flower from Crop King Seeds
Genetics-Big Bud X Original White Widow
1 Plant
Yield-According to Crop King (Up to 200g Indoor)
She was planted 4 weeks ago in a 3X3X6 Tent
Using a Vortex 6" exhaust fan w/speed control, connected to a charcoal filter
I have a 6" desk fan blowing indirectly on her
Temp stays around 75
RH around 55% +-5%
I water daily until runoff w/grow nute & cal mag ph'd to 5.7-6.2
I have a scrog net that I haven't put up yet-not sure when I need to do that

Questions:
How close should the light be? It's about 30" above the top right now.
Is watering once daily ok or should I increase?

Welcome!
You should be able to get that light much closer. I run my LED's about 12-15" above my plants. Lower but by bit to see how she tolerates.
Water as needed. I generally get by with a gallon watering once a week. You want the soil to dry a bit so those roots go searching for more water. I judge by the weight... Just pick it up. When they get light, I water again.
Just keep a close eye on the plant. It will tell you if something isn't right.

Hope it helps...
-P

Water-let dry-water-let dry. Overwatering smothers the roots. The weight of the pots is the best indicator as to when to water. Some strains drink more than others, and, of course, different sized pots have different watering requirements.

Welcome!
You should be able to get that light much closer. I run my LED's about 12-15" above my plants. Lower but by bit to see how she tolerates.
Water as needed. I generally get by with a gallon watering once a week. You want the soil to dry a bit so those roots go searching for more water. I judge by the weight... Just pick it up. When they get light, I water again.
Just keep a close eye on the plant. It will tell you if something isn't right.

Hope it helps...
-P
Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely try them.

I took Preston's advice and lowered the light about 7" two nights ago and she sure seems to like it...

Yeah. I used to grow with all my lights ceiling mounted. Plants all stretched way too tall and the buds never got dense.

I'd have gorgeous plants & buds, but once I dried my harvest, weight would just disappear and even my tops would be popcorn-ish.

Poked around these forums until someone helped me out. My plants are much healthier now...

Glad your girls is liking the change.
-P

Yeah. I used to grow with all my lights ceiling mounted. Plants all stretched way too tall and the buds never got dense.

I'd have gorgeous plants & buds, but once I dried my harvest, weight would just disappear and even my tops would be popcorn-ish.

Poked around these forums until someone helped me out. My plants are much healthier now...

Glad your girls is liking the change.
-P
Should I keep lowering it until she doesn't like it? If so, lower it a few inches at a time? What about trimming? Not sure how to know what to trim. Also what about training/lollipop? How/when do I do that? I bought a scrog net for that purpose. Is there a YouTube video that you would trust to give instruction on this?

Should I keep lowering it until she doesn't like it? If so, lower it a few inches at a time? What about trimming? Not sure how to know what to trim. Also what about training/lollipop? How/when do I do that? I bought a scrog net for that purpose. Is there a YouTube video that you would trust to give instruction on this?
You could probably go a bit lower on lights... Where are you now? About 22" above? Go slow, watch for changes.

Topping/training on auto-flower should be done when they are super young. They don't live long enough to bounce back... they end up stunted. If my memory serves me correctly, Early Miss was a temperamental little shit too. LoL

Looks like you're doing great!
-P

You could probably go a bit lower on lights... Where are you now? About 22" above? Go slow, watch for changes.

Topping/training on auto-flower should be done when they are super young. They don't live long enough to bounce back... they end up stunted. If my memory serves me correctly, Early Miss was a temperamental little shit too. LoL

Looks like you're doing great!
-P
Yeah it's about 23" above right now.
She's about 4 weeks old. Is it too late to top or train? Do I need to do it at all?

Should I be removing the fan leaves? Especially near the bottom.

If the light isn't reaching them then yes go ahead and remove them, but otherwise leave them alone until you flip to 12-12. Also like I said in your other thread DO NOT let your coco dry out. Feed everyday. I can't help with your light height as I use a perfect sun dwarf star and the heights are different for mine. If you want I can PM you some instructional grow journal links

I'd really appreciate your sending those links. I need all the help I can get. I'd love to have a perfect sun. Just can't afford one right now. That's from the line that Neil has right? The growpotcheaply guy.

Yeah it's about 23" above right now.
She's about 4 weeks old. Is it too late to top or train? Do I need to do it at all?
Definitely too late to top. That's an autoflower, correct? It should be starting to flower any day now...
I'd trim up some of the bigger leaves that block light penetration before it starts flowering and let her go.

Back
Top Bottom