The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

Hi NWG! I'm new to DWC, made 3 unit so far with 10in net basket sitting in 5gal container. My question is that how long before the root starts to reach the rez? It has been two weeks now, and no sign. The plant is still growing. I water it from the top with light nutes hoping it would reach the bottom by now. Got the airstone in the rez bubbling, not sure what's up. What do you think?

do you use any kind of myco's? i think adding some might increase your root growth, also b vitamin's are good for root growth. some strains are slow rooters too and if she is growing i bet she will be alright :D

you may have me stumped but lets not throw in the towel yet, how tall is this plant, is it root bound, and is it the same strain as the one next to it, and if so are they two differn't seeds or from the same mother??

This plant is 40 in. tall in a 2.5 gal round black planter. I don't think it's root bound but how do you really tell for sure? They are different strains. The one in question is from mexican dirt weed. Luckily I was learning on those and the others are from seeds I happen to run across in a bag of some great stuff that comes around every once in a while. I have treated both these strains the same with totally different results as you can tell. I'm almost convinced the dirt weed that looks so bad that I have been on this forum almost daily asking questions about is just bad, bitchy, tempermental genetics. The one I am having no problems with is from a guy who's stuff never has seeds. So I guess I got lucky with those. Should I just ditch the two that look like that to give more room to the other two plants you see in the picture with the deep dark green leaves?

Thank you buddy she really is a pretty one :D

and In my opinion those are just healthy plants that have had a long enough night period to make them try to flower, plants that get a good needed nuteing or a well needed night cycle will do this i dont think it is anything to worry about atleast from what im seeing maybe the pictures are distorting it.... or maybe its this hash... anyways :thanks:

You know, after I sat there and looked at them, I realized that is what it looks like.

It kind of confirms what I think about this strain... They grow stupid fast (even though the Urkle pheno is supposed to be slow), ALL of my other grows would not show this behavior until like at least 2-3 days of 12/12.

Anyway, thanks.

This plant is 40 in. tall in a 2.5 gal round black planter. I don't think it's root bound but how do you really tell for sure? They are different strains. The one in question is from mexican dirt weed. Luckily I was learning on those and the others are from seeds I happen to run across in a bag of some great stuff that comes around every once in a while. I have treated both these strains the same with totally different results as you can tell. I'm almost convinced the dirt weed that looks so bad that I have been on this forum almost daily asking questions about is just bad, bitchy, tempermental genetics. The one I am having no problems with is from a guy who's stuff never has seeds. So I guess I got lucky with those. Should I just ditch the two that look like that to give more room to the other two plants you see in the picture with the deep dark green leaves?

That is entirely possible my friend, bag seed can just be CRAP, often times it will bud REALLY slow, then when you think it might do something they throw out nanners. i think you might be on the page getting rid of it, i would say dont kill it but move it so you can still get SOME smoke off of it, and if the smoke is no good hash is always a good option :D

Hi, I've never posted or joined but read and read the forums here. There's a lot of good advice out there and I've used it and thank you all. This is my second time growing. First time i grew an Afghani clone in a 5 gallong bucket set up for hydro. Was perfect. This time however I'm growing something called "cave" I'm told. All was going well till 8 days ago, switched the girl over to flowering cycle. Started using Budswel for flowering nute. 5 Gallon bucket, with 3 air filters in the bottom good air circulation. I'm using a 2700k warm spectrum 200 watt CFL Light under Hydro Farm Shield. Sorry not really well versed on all the technical wording so please forgive me. I use tap water here that has a good ph, my ph was 5.5 the other day. Changed the water out today bought a new pump. 1 Tablespoon of the Budswel per gallon of water. This is the problem, the last 3 days the big leaves are drooping horriblly. Some brown leaves underneath I've taken off also. I've check my ph and it seems ok, this room does get rather warm and I have fans going for good air circulation. I just don't know why all of a sudden the leaves are droopping and falling off.. I know you get some of that with the flowering process but geezz.. here's a few pics. Any help is greatly appreciated.
pic220.jpg

Thanks. :thanks:

Hi NWG! I'm new to DWC, made 3 unit so far with 10in net basket sitting in 5gal container. My question is that how long before the root starts to reach the rez? It has been two weeks now, and no sign. The plant is still growing. I water it from the top with light nutes hoping it would reach the bottom by now. Got the airstone in the rez bubbling, not sure what's up. What do you think?

I also use the 5 gallon bucket method. My root finally reached the rez in almost 4 weeks. I don't water thru the top tho cuz the nutes tended to hang out there and smell bad the last time. (I use Budswel Bat guana tho.) I just clean the bucket out every 10 days and start over with new nutes and water. ;)

u need a tds or ec tester for hydro you might be kissing that plant good buy I would flush it that ten day shit is not gonna cut it pH and EC should be constantly monitored my buddy tried hydro veged them great than to much nutes in flowering they all died. he's in soil growing kill dank nowadays.

That is entirely possible my friend, bag seed can just be CRAP, often times it will bud REALLY slow, then when you think it might do something they throw out nanners. i think you might be on the page getting rid of it, i would say dont kill it but move it so you can still get SOME smoke off of it, and if the smoke is no good hash is always a good option :D
I had a shwag do that I transplanted this was during flower, in GH Just right extra and just gave it water no acid and it came back in a few days. I think it was root bond or low pH(pH most likely).

Hello. I don't know if you can help me but this seemed the best shot for advice. I have a plant , my first plant to make it this far. It has all been going well. except for constant nute burn. Now i am in week 2 1/2 12/12 and the buds are coming in nicely i think. white haired clusters forming at every top and node.

My problem is... ill start from the beginning. I had this miniature palm tree that i was sick of so i tore it out of its planter and tossed it. the planter soil was done by me with stuff i found in my moms garden she'd kinda pointed out to me, a mixture of sand, the little white popcorn rock things, planter soil, time release green little plastic balls of plant food, and rocks on the bottom for drainage.

i planted a seed in the pot since it was empty figuring on another 2 weeks till dead plant. To my surprise it flourished, got 2 feet tall, i topped it, it bushed, then i nearly killed it with flower pest control stuff my mom gave me since i keep it outdoors plus i think i manicured it too much at the advice form my dad who says he grew in the sixties had me cutting of all the "shade leaves" ended up with a bunch of branches with slight growth on them . i brought it back with this shock stuff called "super thrive 50 in 1" non fertilizer supplement.

It came back nicely and grew to a little over three feet then it started getting nute burn which i diagnosed thanks to this site. i began a flushing regiment for the next three waters since i had been not putting enough water in it to drain out at all, it seemed to work and the burn quit increasing. after i go that under control i decided to try out 12/12 that i also read about on this site. been very strict with it and now i have a 3 foot plant with lots of budding tops.

now here we are in the present where i have my problem. My leaves are randomly turning yellow and falling off after a couple days of it. in fact the whole plant (minus the tops that are budding) is getting a yellow green kinda look to it. i don't want to put fertilizer in it since i have those little green balls in the soil and i don't want it to fry. I know its natural for a plant about to be harvested to do this but im only two and a half weeks in i don't know if it will make it to harvest, but ive never seen a mature plant before and could be over reacting.

She just doesn't look 100% and i dont know how long i have till its done flowering. My question is what can i do to make her look healthy again? sorry about the long post...

thanx
Greenhorned

Thanks, flushed her really good today. No nutes, I'm afraid to put anything in it till I see if its gonna come back at all. This started when I put the Budswel in it. I did put less than it said but :( well I guess we'll see. That will be a huge bummer. Don't think this plant likes that nute. Will have to find something else. Any suggestions out there? It also seems this plant likes the PH a little higher, around 6.5. Was at 5.5 - 6.0. Trial and Error. Thanks again for your suggestion.:Namaste:

u need a tds or ec tester for hydro you might be kissing that plant good buy I would flush it that ten day shit is not gonna cut it pH and EC should be constantly monitored my buddy tried hydro veged them great than to much nutes in flowering they all died. he's in soil growing kill dank nowadays.

Thanks, flushed her really good today. No nutes, I'm afraid to put anything in it till I see if its gonna come back at all. This started when I put the Budswel in it. I did put less than it said but :( well I guess we'll see. That will be a huge bummer. Don't think this plant likes that nute. Will have to find something else. Any suggestions out there? It also seems this plant likes the PH a little higher, around 6.5. Was at 5.5 - 6.0. Trial and Error. Thanks again for your suggestion.:Namaste:

Thanks, flushed her really good today. No nutes, I'm afraid to put anything in it till I see if its gonna come back at all. This started when I put the Budswel in it. I did put less than it said but :( well I guess we'll see. That will be a huge bummer. Don't think this plant likes that nute. Will have to find something else. Any suggestions out there? It also seems this plant likes the PH a little higher, around 6.5. Was at 5.5 - 6.0. Trial and Error. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Hello. I don't know if you can help me but this seemed the best shot for advice. I have a plant , my first plant to make it this far. It has all been going well. except for constant nute burn. Now i am in week 2 1/2 12/12 and the buds are coming in nicely i think. white haired clusters forming at every top and node.

My problem is... ill start from the beginning. I had this miniature palm tree that i was sick of so i tore it out of its planter and tossed it. the planter soil was done by me with stuff i found in my moms garden she'd kinda pointed out to me, a mixture of sand, the little white popcorn rock things, planter soil, time release green little plastic balls of plant food, and rocks on the bottom for drainage.

i planted a seed in the pot since it was empty figuring on another 2 weeks till dead plant. To my surprise it flourished, got 2 feet tall, i topped it, it bushed, then i nearly killed it with flower pest control stuff my mom gave me since i keep it outdoors plus i think i manicured it too much at the advice form my dad who says he grew in the sixties had me cutting of all the "shade leaves" ended up with a bunch of branches with slight growth on them . i brought it back with this shock stuff called "super thrive 50 in 1" non fertilizer supplement.

It came back nicely and grew to a little over three feet then it started getting nute burn which i diagnosed thanks to this site. i began a flushing regiment for the next three waters since i had been not putting enough water in it to drain out at all, it seemed to work and the burn quit increasing. after i go that under control i decided to try out 12/12 that i also read about on this site. been very strict with it and now i have a 3 foot plant with lots of budding tops.

now here we are in the present where i have my problem. My leaves are randomly turning yellow and falling off after a couple days of it. in fact the whole plant (minus the tops that are budding) is getting a yellow green kinda look to it. i don't want to put fertilizer in it since i have those little green balls in the soil and i don't want it to fry. I know its natural for a plant about to be harvested to do this but im only two and a half weeks in i don't know if it will make it to harvest, but ive never seen a mature plant before and could be over reacting.

She just doesn't look 100% and i dont know how long i have till its done flowering. My question is what can i do to make her look healthy again? sorry about the long post...

thanx
Greenhorned
This sounds like this is natural leaf change. I've heard of this type of fertilizer and it works i prefer bone, blood meal, earth worm casting, guano, and kelp. I would still add more bloom nutes (at this point in flower nitrogen is sill needed) and a myco oh yeah a sweeter and humic acid to. as long as the flowers a getting bigger not much to worry about. thrive alive b1 is a good additive during most of the grow 1-1-1(its hard to burn with this) this is made from kelp, it seems pricey but a little goes along way this stuff will green up anything.

cvrz420@windstream.nethi!!!im a nice girl with a new hobby......doing a lot of reading but not much help on the super locker w/an upgrade t5 strip lights and the co2.....still trying to set it up any suggestions on how to even begin.......any suggestions are much needed thank you

This sounds like this is natural leaf change. I've heard of this type of fertilizer and it works i prefer bone, blood meal, earth worm casting, guano, and kelp. I would still add more bloom nutes (at this point in flower nitrogen is sill needed) and a myco oh yeah a sweeter and humic acid to. as long as the flowers a getting bigger not much to worry about. thrive alive b1 is a good additive during most of the grow 1-1-1(its hard to burn with this) this is made from kelp, it seems pricey but a little goes along way this stuff will green up anything.

so im not up to speed with anything lol....thank youso much for your reply. what bloom nute should i buy. I mean is there something i can buy from my local stores garden section, like a brand name product? I dont have any hydro stores near me or anything. thanks again for setting my mind at ease. Another thing i thought adding Nitrogen during bloom would revert back to veg and herm it out?

And what is a sweeter and hermic acid? is there a brand name product i can buy?

I am completely hooked on growing now and plan to get all the right stuff for next grow i just want to see this little girl the whole way through. I never planned on her getting to actual bud stage and i can believe it every time i look at her. thanks in advance for the help.

I am attempting to upload some photos right now...wish me luck im no computer tech LOL

Back
Top Bottom