The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Happy Cannabis Monday all,

I am growing a new strain (well new to me). Grape Ape. Now I have done some reading about the purple strains and find that not all purple strains will have their trichomes turn amber.
Here is my dilemma, all her trichomes are cloudy and some of the stems of the trichomes have turned purple BUT most of her pistols are still white. Some have started to turn color but not many. I think she is about a week away but this is only my first outdoor grow.

Anyone have experience with Grape Ape? Any help would be awesome.

Do good and avoid evil
Maui

Ok, man. So Grape Ape is a notorious early finisher. My buddy from SoCal cuts it 1st/2nd week of September. I believe she's there at 80-90% cloudy trichs, but you can always give it more time. It's mostly indica, so the more time she spends in flowering, she just gets to be a stronger knockout.

hello mountain, i was here asking if my plant was hemp.... its not :) thought maybe you would like to see it though just because shes became colorful

FullSizeRender1.jpg
mk16.jpg

Holy shit! Beautiful!

I will have to agree with conrad. holy shit that is pretty. :circle-of-love:

Hello everyone! I have a question about ph. This is kind of a carry over question from the over 50 forum. I have my water in a 5 gallon container. The ph is up around 8 coming straight from our well. I understand I need to drop it down to around 6.5. I was told I can accomplish this with vinegar. My question is, does anyone know how much vinegar I'd need to put in 5 gallons to drop ph down to 6.5? I know there's no way to know exactly... I guess what I'm asking is are we talking about a spoonful or a pint? :) :peace:

Beateo
Spoonful and not a big one if you drop below 6.2 it won't show on your strips
it is easy to add more.
Keep track of how much and you'll know about how much next time, but stat with a little less

dadums, Thanks. If I had to guess I would have guessed a cup or more.... not a spoon! Thanks for the info and stopping me from having to throw out 5 gallons of water! lol I'll start out with a spoonful. :):peace:

Good morning weed everyone. What happened to Holler. Haven't seen him here for a long time.

dadums, Thanks. If I had to guess I would have guessed a cup or more.... not a spoon! Thanks for the info and stopping me from having to throw out 5 gallons of water! lol I'll start out with a spoonful. :):peace:

Turned out that a spoonful was just about right! I didn't think about this but when I tested the water with the nutes in it... it was right in range. :) I'll only need to adjust the ph if I'm using only water. :peace:

Can anyone look at this and tell me what I've got here? This plant (I call her my "gifted wild child") was given to me by a friend of a friend. I look at this and can't figure out what's going on with this plant? Before I tried my first LST she was almost 2" tall and had 3 main stalks. The branches seemed to me to be very sparse. I clipped and bent over all three of the main stalks. :peace:

DSCN130314.JPG

DSCN130211.JPG

whats up everyone? I got a few issues I could really use some help with. First issue is I have a SSH auto that has seemed to have caught some powdery mildew. My main issue being my plan for this plant the whole time was to start outside and finish inside because the season isnt long enough for it to finish outside. My grow closet is new and has not had any plants in it yet. If I bring the SSH inside and grow it in the closet by itself then havest it and start new plants will the PM stay in the closet and infect new plants? What should I do? I really dont want to kill the SSH because its only a small amount of PM besides that its super healthy. My second question is today marks exactly 2 weeks of my outdoor harvest hang drying and its finally kinda dry but the stems/branches still bend they do not break at all. I read that they are not ready unless when you bend a stem it acually snaps. Is this true? Because besides that they seem pretty close to being ready for a manicure? Any help on these issues would be much appreciated and I can post pictures of any of the plants of harvested buds if it will help just let me know. thanks

Sand...how simple, thanks! Newbie here, just put mothers in 'dirt', was told to be watchful for gnats. I'll get the sand on right away to deter any potential problem!

Advice needed here. My buds are in jars, and smell great, and have a real nice buzz, but they don't taste very good when smoked. They've been dried to stem snap stage, trimmed, and sealed in jars for three weeks, opened every couple days for a few minutes. Will the good taste come with time, or is there something else I should do? Any advice? I don't want to smoke grassy-tasting weed for the next year!

Any advice would be most appreciated.

yeah spark not sure whats up at first someone always got back to me pretty quick on here but recently it seems like the normal people who help us out havnt been around or something because Im waiting on a response as well. Maybe they just got a little too stoned and took a small vacation from the mountain lol

yeah spark not sure whats up at first someone always got back to me pretty quick on here but recently it seems like the normal people who help us out havnt been around or something because Im waiting on a response as well. Maybe they just got a little too stoned and took a small vacation from the mountain lol
Yeah man... I posted a couple of pictures on the 8th hoping for some comments to help out a first timer.... nothing?? It is what it is. :peace:

Advice needed here. My buds are in jars, and smell great, and have a real nice buzz, but they don't taste very good when smoked. They've been dried to stem snap stage, trimmed, and sealed in jars for three weeks, opened every couple days for a few minutes. Will the good taste come with time, or is there something else I should do? Any advice? I don't want to smoke grassy-tasting weed for the next year!

Any advice would be most appreciated.

It should improve with time.
did you flush at the end of flower?
If not you could do a water cure and re-dry it,
but I'd leave that for a last resort.
Get a vaporizer.

yea this thread has went cold!!

Back
Top Bottom