Thee Sweet Tooth Auto Extravaganza

I would really love to try an auto!...but with only 4 feet of total height in my grotto, I don't think I'd be able to keep it short enough. (hence the flux). There is always the hope that one day I wont need to be as stealth as I am now.

Good luck brother, this is gonna be an awesome ride

I would really love to try an auto!...but with only 4 feet of total height in my grotto, I don't think I'd be able to keep it short enough. (hence the flux). There is always the hope that one day I wont need to be as stealth as I am now.

Good luck brother, this is gonna be an awesome ride

Your flux is looking awesome dan. That limited grow space is gonna make you a much better gardener and help once you expand. Which you will it's inevitable

Aye, looking forward to this too :)

Just popped my first auto seeds too but will be using NFT and 600 watts so will be interested to see how things develop here. Looks like my seedlings are much the same size and shape at the moment but it's early days and I've only got 4 out of 5 seeds through.

Right on. Your more than welcome to post pics here too if you would like I was thinking 600 but wanted to keep its distance from bloom. I've heard they can cause problems with your regular girls. So Im gonna put her in the seeding room once she's tall enough.

Right on. Your more than welcome to post pics here too if you would like I was thinking 600 but wanted to keep its distance from bloom. I've heard they can cause problems with your regular girls. So Im gonna put her in the seeding room once she's tall enough.

Cheers bud. I'll no doubt take a few pics along the way and take you up on that offer.

How do you mean probs with regulars? I don't have a big bloom room like you (nice layouts BTW:thumb:) but was going to put the autos in a separate tray in my wee bloom room so they'll have their own res and pump so I can control their feed separately. Am thinking they'll only be sharing the 600 with my regular girl for a week but going forward was hoping to be able to run autos and regulars in the same room(s). Am using a 125w CFL in a closet for the seedlings at the mo.

Autos are great for stealth (especially outside) because they don't get very big, but they also make sampling a lot of strains doable.

The only reason I started my 2 AutoMazars mid February was to ensure an early summer crop, as I can't grow indoors beyond a certain size.

I am looking forward to following your grow :grinjoint:

Cheers bud. I'll no doubt take a few pics along the way and take you up on that offer.

How do you mean probs with regulars? I don't have a big bloom room like you (nice layouts BTW:thumb:) but was going to put the autos in a separate tray in my wee bloom room so they'll have their own res and pump so I can control their feed separately. Am thinking they'll only be sharing the 600 with my regular girl for a week but going forward was hoping to be able to run autos and regulars in the same room(s). Am using a 125w CFL in a closet for the seedlings at the mo.

I've read further into this keep in mind I know vertically zilch about auto's

Guy at local shop 36 knows where I'm talking about said they throw Nanners and can have the possibility seeding other plants out.

I read into this and found zero about this. So evidently he knows as much as I do which is zilch.

I just wanted it under a thousand all by itself anyhow. I want a big yield. These 1/2 oz to 2 oz autos piss me off. Also angers me deeply that they can not be cloned greedy breeders, brilliant but greedy as all hell

Autos are great for stealth (especially outside) because they don't get very big, but they also make sampling a lot of strains doable.

The only reason I started my 2 AutoMazars mid February was to ensure an early summer crop, as I can't grow indoors beyond a certain size.

I am looking forward to following your grow :grinjoint:

Thanks. I shall pop over and follow. I'm interested in these autos. I think I could seed a ton out and perpetually grow the same auto if I like it

Your flux is looking awesome dan. That limited grow space is gonna make you a much better gardener and help once you expand. Which you will it's inevitable

The man speaks truth. You will expand. :laughtwo:

Guy at local shop 36 knows where I'm talking about said they throw Nanners and can have the possibility seeding other plants out.

I read into this and found zero about this. So evidently he knows as much as I do which is zilch.

I just wanted it under a thousand all by itself anyhow. I want a big yield. These 1/2 oz to 2 oz autos piss me off. Also angers me deeply that they can not be cloned greedy breeders, brilliant but greedy as all hell

I can't imagine what would send them hermie. They don't respond to light stress like regulars do, they just grow and bloom. Easiest plants to grow IMO. Plant, light, water, feed, harvest. I'm interested in seeing how much yield you pull under 1000 W. After watching atrain prove what an auto could do under intense lighting you have every right to expect decent weight at harvest. What would make them acceptable for your purposes?

If I get to a point where I can pull 3z off a 60-90 day plant, I might just do autos except the fall/winter where I'll do regulars inside. The only downside, if I can hit 3 or better, is like DP said that you can't clone. But, most auto seeds I see are not that expensive. I can justify spending ten bucks for a bean that gets me three zips. It's not free like cloning. But, you gotta give to get. I'm really interested to see what is going to happen here.

Think I'd be pissed with half o autos too but 2oz per plant would probably make it worthwhile enough for me. I guess we'll see in a few months.

Hopefully having bought what are supposed to be female seeds from a reputable breeder with stable genetics minimises the risk of introducing a source of pollen. Or maybe I've just been suckered into believing their marketing but either way I don't have as much to lose as you so I'll take a chance on them.

The science behind developing and growing feminised autoflowering cannabis strains is relatively new, but it has been perfected by those who know what they are doing.

The problem with the cannabis cultivation explosion, is the cottage breeders springing up left right and centre. A litre of colloidal silver and everyone thinks they are an expert.

There was a scandal last year with a breeder in the US (won't name him in open forum) who was selling so called super autos when he clearly did not have a clue what he was doing. He 'dissapeared' when the mountain of complaints and demands for reimbursement became too much. But guess what, he has set up shop online again under a different guise. Auto seeds are dearer for obvious reasons and sadly the many unscrupulous seed brokers/sellers are selling seeds that have not passed muster to unsuspecting growers......it's not like we are going to call the police right?

I personally advice anyone wanting to grow autos to buy from the 4 or so breeders who pioneered this technology, the seeds might cost you a bit more, but they'll do exactly what it says on the box....

Happy growing :thumb:

The science behind developing and growing feminised autoflowering cannabis strains is relatively new, but it has been perfected by those who know what they are doing.

The problem with the cannabis cultivation explosion, is the cottage breeders springing up left right and centre. A litre of colloidal silver and everyone thinks they are an expert.

There was a scandal last year with a breeder in the US (won't name him in open forum) who was selling so called super autos when he clearly did not have a clue what he was doing. He 'dissapeared' when the mountain of complaints and demands for reimbursement became too much. But guess what, he has set up shop online again under a different guise. Auto seeds are dearer for obvious reasons and sadly the many unscrupulous seed brokers/sellers are selling seeds that have not passed muster to unsuspecting growers......it's not like we are going to call the police right?

I personally advice anyone wanting to grow autos to buy from the 4 or so breeders who pioneered this technology, the seeds might cost you a bit more, but they'll do exactly what it says on the box....

Happy growing :thumb:

Who are the 4 original?

Bapple will you share the list of breeders you think are best? That's valuable info for a new guy like me. Thank you!

Who are the 4 original?

Bapple will you share the list of breeders you think are best? That's valuable info for a new guy like me. Thank you!

Buddha Seeds (Spain)
Dutch Passion (Netherlands)
Sweet Seeds (Spain)
Dinafem (Spain)
Joint Doctor (I think that they are American but I could be wrong)

Good to know, thanks. I went with seeds from ShortStuff but only because I couldn't resist trying their Russian Rocket Fuel first.

My research before I started growing was centred here in Europe, cos I wanted stuff I could buy online without too much aggro. I am sure SS is good also as I have read only good stuff so far.....

Back
Top Bottom