Thermal Camera Use Leads Unit to Pot in Findlay Home

Weedpipe

420 Member
FINDLAY, OHIO - A marijuana-growing operation that included 28 plants, drug paraphernalia, criminal tools, and chemicals was found yesterday during a police search of a Findlay home, authorities said.

The Hancock County METRICH Drug Task Force, executing a search warrant, raided the home at 712 Scott Court about 1 a.m. Officers entered the home after using a thermal-imaging camera that detected unusual heat coming from the building.

Three juveniles and two adults were inside the house. The juveniles were taken to Blanchard Valley Hospital because of potentially hazardous chemicals and mold spores in the house.

They were examined and released.

The adults were not arrested, but could face charges of cultivating marijuana, child endangering, possession of drug paraphernalia, permitting drug abuse, and possession of criminal tools, authorities said.

The investigation began with a Hancock County Crime Stopper tip. The drug task force includes personnel from the Findlay police, the county sheriff's office, and the county prosecutor's office.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: The Blade
Copyright: 2009 The Blade

If they didn't get a court ordered search warrant the use of a thermal imaging device is illegal. Already been run through the federal supreme court. Hopefully he gets a good attorney.

^^exactly. Try proving an anonymous tip. Sheesh. They can break the law but the grower can't.

I was wondering about the criminal tools also? and the chemicals? I keep bleach in my home, I got a bottle of paint thinner sitting on the shelf next to me along with some model paints, there just words used by the law officials to make the story more exciting than it really is, criminal tools? should be applied to the thermal imaging they used to invade a persons privacy for nothing more than a weed. :peace:

What, exactly, are "criminal tools?" :scratchinghead:

Ohio Laws

2923.24 Possessing criminal tools.
(A) No person shall possess or have under the person's control any substance, device, instrument, or article, with purpose to use it criminally.

(B) Each of the following constitutes prima-facie evidence of criminal purpose:

(1) Possession or control of any dangerous ordnance, or the materials or parts for making dangerous ordnance, in the absence of circumstances indicating the dangerous ordnance, materials, or parts are intended for legitimate use;

(2) Possession or control of any substance, device, instrument, or article designed or specially adapted for criminal use;

(3) Possession or control of any substance, device, instrument, or article commonly used for criminal purposes, under circumstances indicating the item is intended for criminal use.

(C) Whoever violates this section is guilty of possessing criminal tools. Except as otherwise provided in this division, possessing criminal tools is a misdemeanor of the first degree. If the circumstances indicate that the substance, device, instrument, or article involved in the offense was intended for use in the commission of a felony, possessing criminal tools is a felony of the fifth degree.

Effective Date: 07-01-1996

:peace:

FINDLAY, OHIO - A marijuana-growing operation that included 28 plants, drug paraphernalia, criminal tools, and chemicals was found yesterday during a police search of a Findlay home, authorities said.

The Hancock County METRICH Drug Task Force, executing a search warrant, raided the home at 712 Scott Court about 1 a.m. Officers entered the home after using a thermal-imaging camera that detected unusual heat coming from the building.

Three juveniles and two adults were inside the house. The juveniles were taken to Blanchard Valley Hospital because of potentially hazardous chemicals and mold spores in the house.

They were examined and released.

The adults were not arrested, but could face charges of cultivating marijuana, child endangering, possession of drug paraphernalia, permitting drug abuse, and possession of criminal tools, authorities said.

The investigation began with a Hancock County Crime Stopper tip. The drug task force includes personnel from the Findlay police, the county sheriff's office, and the county prosecutor's office.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: The Blade
Copyright: 2009 The Blade

Sorry to hear about this , In Europe we have had this issue for years,
Personally me & my buddies use EASY GROW LIGHTITE FOILS, for the last 5/6 years, no problelms & its food grade so you know that the products safe & not combustable, unlike a lot of this cheap home depot bubble wraps,it dosn't retain heat inthe structure.

Ohio Laws

2923.24 Possessing criminal tools.
(A) No person shall possess or have under the person’s control any substance, device, instrument, or article, with purpose to use it criminally.

(B) Each of the following constitutes prima-facie evidence of criminal purpose:

(1) Possession or control of any dangerous ordnance, or the materials or parts for making dangerous ordnance, in the absence of circumstances indicating the dangerous ordnance, materials, or parts are intended for legitimate use;

(2) Possession or control of any substance, device, instrument, or article designed or specially adapted for criminal use;

(3) Possession or control of any substance, device, instrument, or article commonly used for criminal purposes, under circumstances indicating the item is intended for criminal use.

(C) Whoever violates this section is guilty of possessing criminal tools. Except as otherwise provided in this division, possessing criminal tools is a misdemeanor of the first degree. If the circumstances indicate that the substance, device, instrument, or article involved in the offense was intended for use in the commission of a felony, possessing criminal tools is a felony of the fifth degree.

Effective Date: 07-01-1996

:peace:

Thanks Weedpipe. I suppose "criminal tools" could be anything from fertilizers (for making dangerous ordnance) to ziplock baggies to scales, but the letter of the law seems to leave it all as vague as it can get, leaving it up to LEO to decide what, exactly, criminal tools would be in this situation.

They really should have spelled out exactly what it was in the home that was alleged to be criminal tools, or left out the reference, since they didn't arrest and take anyone into custody or bring up any charges. Now those people have to live with their neighbors thinking there's some kind of terrorists or criminals living next door. Social damage done on just an assumption. Ludicrous.

They can make anything a criminal tool ! They have creative writers doing their arrest reports !!

I was wondering about the criminal tools also? and the chemicals? I keep bleach in my home, I got a bottle of paint thinner sitting on the shelf next to me along with some model paints, there just words used by the law officials to make the story more exciting than it really is, criminal tools? should be applied to the thermal imaging they used to invade a persons privacy for nothing more than a weed. :peace:

Actually criminal tools would be illegal possesion of a slim jim for opening car doors or lock picks and other assorted tools that require you to be a bonded and licenced business like a locksmith or tow truck driver for the 2 I listed above .

^^^I was in jail with a guy who was doing a bit for possession of a screwdriver. Yes Virginia, anything can be a criminal tool. Yes, he was using it during a burglary.

so I guess that he was growing cannabis the criminal tools must have been some lights maybe some planters. :peace:

anything found on the property of the grow that could be used for the grow is a tool. they could probably count a garden hose, bucket etc. if they want to. i wouldn't be surprised if they could count a radio if you played music for your plants.

when my brother was popped for possession they listed matches as paraphernalia. i'm surprised each match wasn't counted seperately.

anything found on the property of the grow that could be used for the grow is a tool. they could probably count a garden hose, bucket etc. if they want to. i wouldn't be surprised if they could count a radio if you played music for your plants.

when my brother was popped for possession they listed matches as paraphernalia. i'm surprised each match wasn't counted seperately.

hahahahahhahha what makes that funny is that If i heard of that happening to someone I wouldnt be surprised.

CK

:surf:

Bottom line is,'
They should be out catching real criminals. And catching the pedifiles and rapists & robbers !! But i'm from the buckeye state and this was and is the mind set of the police in Ohio. That's only one reason i could not live there again !! Start doing what the public wants and stop ruining inocent peoples lives !! Over a damm weed !! Have a nice day !! :thanks::rollit:

Back
Top Bottom