Third - Soil - and Fourth - Phototron - G13 Clones

IMG_013612.JPG
IMG_013511.JPG
IMG_013417.JPG
IMG_013318.JPG

Very Nice Man!!! They look beautiful!! I'll upload mine shortly as well. Yours are Winning the height race over mine for sure.
How long have you been vegging those beauties?

Thanks. About 10 weeks since the clones were transplanted. Into flowering now about five days. Apnrodite is looking great. The two clones and one gender ambiguous seedling are doing great so far. I have enough medicine to last me until October I think. This baby should be in the jar by Labor Day. I am praying for at least two ounces of this allegedly uber-potent strain. Two more ounces would cover me until 2013. Three until Spring.

Theoretically, i could have three more plants flowering in five months that might yield five or more ounces. Of G13.

I truthfully can't fathom donating any medicine for any rational amount. I enjoy the ZEN like marriage that allows me to enjoy my medicine even as I create my own medicine. With MMJ, people suffering like us get to create our own relief and yes, joy. This plant is a miracle from God, and damn anyone who would stop us from enjoying what God has so obviously given.

Yeah, I want to enjoy my creation. So, I will probably keep it all, and love life consuming it all.

Neither sold, donated nor exchanged the medicine would be created and consumed, all within my walls. I might have a little over the limit, but I will have to stop growing for awhile.

Here are my current photos, if any one knows what those traces of white might be. If it's fungus or mold I need to figure out how to treat it before it becomes an issue :/ Hope this helps someone else as well :)
IMG_004320.JPG
IMG_004220.JPG
IMG_26657.JPG
IMG_26644.JPG
IMG_004931.JPG
IMG_004623.JPG

Your plants look like they taken a turn for the worst, and that does look like fungus or mold. I think I had a little of that closer to the end. You might be in an over water condition. Dryer periods are good for the plants.

When I run my hand down the side of the sphagnum, the moss feels like a damp sponge against my hand with maybe a little puddle at my fingertips. Just a little puddle--not above the cuticle. More than that, and you might get into trouble. This is one reason I augmented the growth chamber after my first grow with two additional air stones to keep it all moist and oxygenated.

You might have to go to spare watering long enough to kill whatever is topside.

Good Advice :) I will also run by my local grow shop and see if they have any natural anti-fungal/mold spray I could treat the obvious areas with. Just a light spray on the top of the sphagnum moss. I did use a little of the "Protect" and made it a little stronger than normal and sprayed the affected areas lightly. It said it had antifungal properties and I think "The sooner, The Better" I do something, the better the outcome. Hate to lose my little kids :( I won't have any medicine for another 5 months if i lose them :(

I have started to spark such and interest in gardening from this :)

Your experience is paralleling mine.

After your first success (with the 'Tron), you will be able to settle back into a nice zen like harmony with the machine.

So I picked up some "GreenCure" Anti-fungal stuff last night and sprayed a little on the top of the sphagnum moss. It had looked like it was going away anyway from the "Protect" concentrate I made the night prior. Just wanted to make sure and stop it, if it was anything. Can't be to careful with my medicine. Would be a lot of wasted time if I lost it all :/

So Gino from Phototron called me back and is sending me new parts for the screen that is going out. I think a top of the machine and the digital screen, not sure why i need the top, but hey, spare parts never hurt if i don't end up needing it.

I wish there was some way to set specific hours for the light to be on in the programming...it for sure has it's limits and wish it had an internal batter so that you don't lose ALL your grow information if the machine has to be unplugged even for just a second.

Also I was wondering if you follow the watering schedule where the machine tells you it needs more constantly...makes me feel like im over watering because it keeps telling me too.

I actually switched over the the Fertilizers that came with the phototron because I think the Organic kind is what caused the mold/fungus. It's all stinky and fishy and I think some of the enzymes that are in it would case that to happen. I will flush the hell out of it at the end and hopefully it's ok to do it that way. I figured for medicine I should go organic..but if it molds...no can do :/

I love this site, it gives so much feedback that someone would otherwise Not Have!

This is the mod i made if anyone wants to know how to do it, feel free to ask :) If you have a problem with smell, this is perfect!
ModifiedPhototronLED.jpg

Oh J9BLACK!
I was going to ask where you got your Davinci Vaporizer, from Davinci directly or online store. Amazon has them for only $174 from various vape stores online, but it has a really weird disclaimer warning that is a little odd. Didn't know if it was worth it or not.

Says the warranty is not recognized if you don't get it directly from Davinci....they charge $250 for one which is a big jump up in price.

Just wondering what you did and your impression if you feel like it most likely won't break it's so well made.

Thanks!

My Vapir One is the best overall, though not portable. You can't beat forced air vaporizing.

That stated, I have never been more pleased with a portable vaporizer. Of them all, the Davinci actually is a convincing "medical device". It isn't perfect. Some might care that it gets hot. I am as annoyed as anyone what Davinci charges for screens and add-ons. The longer whip is worth it. The only bad thing is how quickly the screens clog up.

I am not sure that can ever be improved on a portable though the MFLB doesn't seem to get clogged. The storage area needs a canister for storing the medicine. The way it works now-- doesn't. I wish this, like the Iolite, had a better latch system. The top can occasionally open up and spill medicine into your pocket; but it is by degrees superior to the Iolite.

I got it new on Ebay for about $219 from 1easyvape.

Update on cloning effort:

Success so far. The three clones and one sprout are doing well. I noticed a bit of leaf curling so I PH balanced the water and added some ice cubes to cool the water down. Any advice on keeping the water cooler wold be appreciated.

For the hydro cabgrow....The water is at an unsustainable 86 degrees and I think the time is critical right now as roots begin to extend down into the root zone. I am going to avoid spending $450 on an aquarium chiller which is only going to generate more heat in the grow room. I could almost by another tall Phototron with that money but I am waiting until fall for that move.

So, here is the plan.

I am going to get two square planters and move two of the clones into that. I have had negative experiences with soil, but this would be my first indoor soil attempt. The other clone and gender ambiguous seedling will stay in the hydro setup for testing and evaluation. The bottom line is that I only need one of the four to make it through vegetative stage. The medicine yield would be a bump, but more importantly, I need her as a Clone mother. Given she is a cabinet grow in which I will be doing a lot of trimming/pruning, it is a natural fit.

The Amazon Aphrodite is just strong, tall, dense and beautiful in the Phototron Pro. She is almost touching the top LED UFO type light. She is so much more than the Three Fates were--partly owing I'm sure to her having her own space. Film at 11.

As you can see above, the Mighty Aphrodite G13 is an Amazon. She is green and happy and getting almost too tall.

I am soooooo happy her clones are doing so well. 75% success rate on my first real try. With luck, I should never have to buy another seed nor acquire another clone. Can a person live on one strain for the rest of his life?

It is kind of awesome to contemplate that Mighty Aphrodite is a grand god mother to what may end up as hundreds or even thousands of grand daughters--and she herself might even be an original grand daughter of the original G13. A google of generations later.

All bullshit of course. I don't much believe in so many relevant phenotypes.

As of now Aphrodite looks just like Lachesis at her prime--whom I now remember as also getting dangerously close to the light before eventually shrinking back to a withering but flowering old maid, pouring her last energies into making her finest perfume.

I will next post when the clones are transplanted into soil. I may do all four.

Figuring all of this out is so much fun. I have a lot to learn but I love my hydro results so far.

Oh, and since no one else would or should ever know about my medicine, I am going to rename it J9BLACK13. I will post in subsequent years that I got the clone from "a friend of a friend who worked for a big Pharmaceutical company trying to cultivate the most potent strain in the world prior to Obama's rescheduling cannabis on the practical eve of the 2012 election to win it."

I am beginning to become convinced that cannabis has been the cultural epicenter of our species, starting from the first middle eastern religeon, moving through Christianity and American history, and up to todays worldwide rebellion against all the fucking bullshit we have been putting up with since cannabis prohibition.

I feel for my black and hispanic brothers who were unfairly targeted and imprisoned for doing exactly what I am doing now without fear of prosecution. Lord we are blind. Lord, we owe them big. I think fair compensation for their suffering should be free medicine for the rest of their lives.

Thanks for tuning in while tuning out.

It dawned on me that since the cloner had said this strain was a cannabis cup winner, that I acually have the G13 Haze instead of the hyped G13. Even so, in analyzing the often and contradicting reviews of this strain, I have come to the renewed conclusion that appreciating the subtleties of various phenotypes is beyond me. Other than that one vape of early harvested Wonder Woman, every vape experience seems the same. Every period of relief is just like another. Am I a rule breaking non-conformist to so churlishly scratch my head at the religeous like worship of strains as if they were a pantheon of Gods...and like gods, vastly different from one worshippers point of view to the next. There are so many purported strains, how can the variations in Phenotype actually be apppreciated? Will we end up with 16.7 million colors of cannabis?

I think the more likely paradigm is one where breeders continue to try to breed more and more potent plants, some that even autoflower. The flavor wheel is fascinating. I vaped Train Wreck. It smelled lemony and tasted just like every other vape. Lemony? It should be nutty, shouldn't it? I have smoked the various strains in my past and they too were all the same. Is there anyone else out there whose palette is equally un-epicurean.

The reviews are all the same. Phenotypes are "crossed" to create a new strain. There is no rationale for the new phenotype. This new strain with a clever name J9BLACK13 Haze will be one of my most potent strains. It is a Hybrid with strong sativa genetics. 10 week flowering time.

I think I veged too long. Aphrodite is now almost touching the light on top. Shit, i hope I don't lose my top cola.

It is official, she has touched the top light. I fear for the terminal cola. We'll see. She is an Amazon. Pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom