G13 WW Jan 09 Grow

Surf Striper

Ok I decided to try and post my 2009 grow.

What strain is it? G13 WW
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydo
Size of light? 400 watt mh
Is it aircooled? Room vent yes
Temp of Room/cab? 85--60
RH of Room/cab? allover
PH of media or res? varies too much
Any Pests ? Never
Type and strength of ferts used? GH Grow + Bloom
1500-1800 to veg 1500-1900 for flower still learning

I started around Jan 2 with 5 G13, 5 WhiteWidow seeds that we almost 6 months old. Really seen a difference because only 3 ww + 2 g13 germinated.
Last grow with new seeds 100% germinated so I believe time does matter.
I stored them cool and dark so that was not the problem.
So I start vegging 3ww +2g13.
ww_g13_005.JPG

Guess what I only get 1 female out of 5 all the ww was male and 1 g13 was male. Well at least I got 1 girl.
I had started clones of all so I got 4 nice girl g13 clones going. I started some more old seeds I had and got 1 Big Bud and 1 Crystal and believe it 4 more g13 germinated so they are vegging with the g13 girl clones.
2_2009_027.JPG

This is the lone female G13 at around 5 weeks into flowering. It took over 3 weeks just for me to tell it was a girl.
2_2009_021.JPG

2_2009_018.JPG

They say 8-10 weeks to flower cant wait.:yummy:

Here is some pics I took today around 6 weeks into flower. I also put the 4 clones in the flower room. Really fighting the ph swing right now.
I know the problem and there is nothing I can do right now. I didnt know you should not reuse hydroton. I brought some new and we will see if it helps.
But there is no way I am messing with my girl now. :ganjamon:
00479.JPG

00582.JPG

And the clones added.
00868.JPG

Really filling out nice at least a month to go seems like forever.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I use ro water and have tried new hydroton and so far no ph problem.
I love my waterfarm BUT
1. You must modify the water uplift stem. I drill a hole the same size as the airline and just poke the airline through works great. Be ready to pull it up and clean it out it will clog. This way its no problem.
2. Get a hose that will fit down the site tube and use it to siphon your water to test. I test daily and adjust as needed. I tend to push it 1800+ ppm. But with the hose I just empty it and refill. I got a hose called tygon tubing I think its called. (silicone)
3.Cut your water lift tube down and dont add so much hydroton. Less splash and you dont use as much clay.

I am still learning my way only 2nd year and maybe 4 grows.
But I just changed my hydroton for the first time and have not seen my ph drop like it does daily in the 1 pot left with old hydrotron. :grinjoint:
We shall see.

theres really no reason not to re-use the hydroton. If the ph is swinging it probably wasnt flushed thoroughly enough, it has a tendency to hold calcium.
Plants are looking healthy, regardless. :)
I flushed the hydroton with water pretty good and removed all the roots I could.
After 4 grows I really think it is affecting ph. I test when I makeup my nutes and daily after that. And I had trouble last time with ph too. Like I said we shall see as all my pots except 1 have all new clay.
The owner of a hyro shop told me he only uses 1 time. Of course its cheap for him and great if I buy new. He said if you really want to reuse you need to heat it somehow? 45$ for a big bag I aint going to worry about it:grinjoint:
I will try at least 2 uses before trashing it though.

It is a cross as G-13 is a clone only plant....It sure is growing like a haze. I am surprised that it did not tell you or you may have just missed it.... She looks good no matter what she is..... :ganjamon:

It is a cross as G-13 is a clone only plant....It sure is growing like a haze. I am surprised that it did not tell you or you may have just missed it.... She looks good no matter what she is..... :ganjamon:

Damm your good I went back and looked it says g-13 haze.

Update ph still dropping I can do a complete change and flush with 2 gal of ro water and 1 day later ph drop. Got to be the hydroton.
I had a timer lying around and to decided use it to turn off my air pumps every 2 hours for 2 hours.
I really think plants like to dry out a little. Cant really hurt I will keep a close eye on it.
Maybe add air I am not a big believer in adding an air stone hell I am already adding air. Would have to buy a very big and noisy air pump. I know allot of people do guess that’s next to try.

Did you save some pollen from one of your WW males? A (G13 x Haze) x (WW) would be pretty fun I bet.

Update

Looking good but not filling in like I want, I got a few weeks to go.
4_8_09_010.JPG

4_8_09_012.JPG

00298.JPG

I need the room to move my other clones and seeds I started into the flower room.

Here is a pic of the flowering room I built in my basement. I put the door on, replace the drywall and presto no room just lots of nutes made up:ganjamon:
4_8_09_014.JPG

I just cut off a small leaf from the top cola to look at the tricomes. From what I saw the bulbs on top of the tricomes are not formed yet. I saw a few but most had no bulbs on the tip. Pretty neat never noticed that before.
I need to harvest this as soon as possible but not before its time.:Rasta:

Updated pics Top cola G13 haze just keeps growing.
Around 9 weeks flowering hurry up already:grinjoint:
I had to cut it was getting to close to the light.
4_24_09_020.JPG

4_24_09_021.JPG

Some bottom stem pics.
4_24_09_018.JPG

4_24_09_014.JPG

Will start flushing next week and harvest on 5/2 or 5/3.
Not bad for 4 months work.:cool:

Last Update:
Harvested today a little early only seen cloudy and clear tricomes. Do too lack of smoke had to harvest. Should be fine I tasted a little that I cut from the top and it was mighty fine.
Top cola
5_4_09_008.JPG

5_4_09_005.JPG

5_4_09_004.JPG

Drying under the watchful eye of a killer parrot.:smokin:
5_4_09_014.JPG

The End.

Back
Top Bottom