Third - Soil - and Fourth - Phototron - G13 Clones

Well, the right flower box took forever to get here and it's maybe a week later than I wanted...but I've transplanted into soil--my first indoor soil grow.

I figured the warm water hydro was not sustainable, but this will be. The single potted plant is the gender ambiguous bonus seed from Amsterdam.

IMG_87221.JPG

IMG_8721.JPG

IMG_8720.JPG

IMG_87191.JPG

IMG_8718.JPG

Mighty Aphrodite is developing her terminal cola against the top UFO LED. She will end up retarded--if only a bit. I don't see a way to avoid it.

I am stoked about the soil transplant. I hope this proves out. I'd love to contrast the same plant grown two different ways.

I am eating through my medicine pretty quickly. Vaping cannot be as efficient as cooking; there is too much left in the Golden Dragon. So, I will be out of medicine in time for the next harvest--the G13 haze--to be consumable. G13 Haze is supposed to have different therapeutic value than Wonder Woman. I doubt it. We'll see.

Hey j9b :) I am curious? Do you prune your plants in the phototron at all or just let them grow as they may? Mine are really starting to fill it up and was just curious :)

I started flowering as they are about half way the height of the phototron "chamber" and I read that you can switch it over to flower and they will still grow, just not nearly as fast. So you will need that space in the top as it will keep going. Same experience at all?

I figured everyone had tuned out, good to see you.

I just transplant the clone and feed. After what I yielded on my last grow, it is seriously not worth my T$ME to fuss over it. Franky, I dropped the yuans to get as low maintenance system possible. This is it. Pruning this one Amazon might yield an extra half ounce, but it matters more to other folks than it does to me.

Very cool on the Davinci. I finally received my Vapir NO2 back from RMA/Repair. There was no problem getting my failed unit repaired under warranty. The customer service is good, but slow. With the MFLB, Vapir One, NO2, and Davinci all in easy reach...I reach for the Davinci. Oh, and its customer service was good as well on a small issue I had with the "snorkel".

Aphrodite blew me away with her "flower stretch". The top cola is now vining the top light. I may have to prune her down for the sake of the other top buds.

I just ordered this which is shipping August 1st. Ploom | Pax - The World's Most Pocketable, Premium Loose-Leaf Vaporizer

I ordered the Devinci twice on amazon and each time they sat on the order for about two weeks and then tell me they don't have it.
So the second one I ordered from another store on amazon and they have not shipped it and it's been about a week in a half. I told them to just cancel the order and I decided to try out the Pax. Seem so sexy that I couldn't pass it up :)

So you think trimming it will yield more if I actually took the time to do it? I read when growing in general to never trim leaves that are not dead off the plant. That it uses it for nutrients when it's blooming. It pulls it out of the leaves, that is why they tend to discolor when you get to the end of the bloom process, because they are being drained. Your experience? I'm still new to this and finding my way. Trying to make enough medicine to last me a while. I use such small amounts with a vaporizer that it ends up working out really well :)

IMHO, probably a higher yield and lower potency. It is pure schadenfreude to watch those big fat indica looking leaves thin out and become dessicated by the alien flowers.

OK, now I am jealous. Good choice to ditch waiting for Davinci to waiting for the Ploom. That is one super frickin' cool vape. :thumb:

OK, I was going to donate my tent, lights, ballasts, dirt and stuff to a friend...but now I will just sell it all to use the proceeds for that little gem. That Ploom is perfect for medicating away from home.

There is no space left in my Phototron for Aphrodite. I am feeding, watching and waiting.

On the subject of grow space, I am toying with the idea of building my own custom grow chamber. Something much larger, more versatile, and even more elegant objet d' art.

Update...

Almost four weeks into the flowering and I am now just starting to see flowering. I can almost smell something now, but this girl's perfume has been very subtle ever since she was adopted. I expect she'll get more aromatic...and I have six or seven weeks of finding out.

I am getting a lot of vining with the top cola as well as branch flowers that are growing against the inside walls of the Phototron.

The three new clones are looking better than ever. No transplant shock. The seedling is looking a little retarded but who knows? She could be an autoflowering low rider or a Cannabis Cup winner and I wouldn't know. Again, if she survives to yield anything, it will be the only yield ever from my original Amsterdam order. I am not sure if I will bother trying to work clones from her.

Using NO2 right now. It works very well, is easy to load and clean and in second place only because the Davinci can practically be palmed.

Actually I went ahead and told the guy sending the Davinci to go ahead. It was only 150 bucks so I figured it's always good to have a backup :) The PAX ships starting August 1st and I have talked with them twice so far.

I told them they should make a car/cig lighter adapter for car charging or USB that you can plug into one of those universal things you can use in the car or even when near a computer. The USB charging option would make this thing a solid 10 :)

Watch all the videos on how it works, it has lots of extra options that really blow me away. The shake to see how much battery life you have, auto sleep, retractable mouthpiece, etc....it's a brilliant piece of machine. Can't wait to get it :)

Excellent ideas. Good man.

With two fully operational and awesome portables, plus the MFLB, plus the awesome Vapir One..the idea of buying another vaporizer makes me want to hurl. It just seems so excessive given that there are people in Africa starving for even just one vaporizer.

I learned a lesson on the Davinci...Never go more than three quarters full in the chamber. Changing this one thing, I am now back to my normal consumption rate.

I am getting great time lapse pictures of one my three clones. I am looking forward to making that movie.

Aphrodite in the Phototron is doing too well. She is flowering, her aroma starting to brew. She is cramped. I am going to take some good daylight pictures tomorrow. I hope she finishes quickly. She may run out of space. Will I have to do an early harvest? I thought my WoWo grow was harvested early, but there is *nothing* missing in her list of qualities.

This J9BLACK13--sorry, G13 Haze strain is mind blowingly productive. Slow, steady and strong. Right now, Aphrodite is making the notoriously high yielding WoWo output look anemic. If Aphrodite stays healthy in that cramped space, I expect to report between five and six ounces. That is a big big IF.

I also have three teenie G13 Haze clones about three or four weeks from their twelves. I am not sure yet what I will do with the seedling.

In theory, i may have eight ounces under my belt to carry me through to March or April. I would be growing peppers or strawberries or something for the rest of this year and would need to start the new year with another clone. BooHoo.

Pictures later this morning...But the Phototron G13 is healthy, striong and cramped.

If I cannot reign in this strain's growth with those three clones currently vegging in the Growcab then I may have to abandon the G13 Haze strain. It all depends on whether the G13 is really any better than the WoWo.

I will have growcab updates later.

Current Status of my Phototron Grow. Been in bloom for about 15 days :) Switched to Organic Ferts a few days after bloom started. Not sure if I want to keep using the Phototron nutes that came with it or keep using organic. I figure because it's medication it should be organic :/

2012-06-22_15_08_12.jpg
2012-06-24_17_45_55.jpg

2012-06-24_18_04_32.jpg

Some of the lower leaves are yellowing and dying off. Anything I should be worried about or the Normal process of growth?

Just wonder what others thoughts are :)

Great pictures.

You are personal use only patient like I am. The yield you'll get out of these girls should be enough medicine until your next grow is complete. Once I completed "the cycle", and experienced the great yield and potency of a plant that was barely tended to....I myself stopped sweating the small stuff.

Yellowing or dying leaves at the bottom or "under skirt" would fall into that category. In fact, unless there's something obvious with the middle or top leaves, I leave the girl(s) alone.

I didn't cut off the terminal bud until I knew it was experiencing burn.

Have you noticed that your ph is always really low when using the phototron mixed nutes? I was using those and i'm almost always in a 4.5-4.9ph range which is Low. So I switched the organic, which they say the ph does not matter, and it's still around those numbers.

Do you think I should be boosting it with PH UP every time I mix them or just leave it as is naturally. I wondering if it's going to hinder my yield and or if it does not matter like they say. I heard PH is always important and should always be adjusted if not right organic or not.

So not sure what to do :/ Excited to see these kids grow up more and help me with my pain :)

Trying to figure out what stain I want to try next. I have Fibro and really bad and would love a Pain Relieving Sativa for daytime use and something that will knock out the pain but also give me a little energy. That would be ideal because I could get some housework done!

Not sure what would be best so any suggestions would be helpful :)

I have never measured nor adjusted ph balance with the Phototron.

I got a recent smoke report from a friend that I donated (gratis) about an 1/8th. I'd dried it a little too much with the food dehydrator, but the smoke was very smooth and tasted great.

Just make sure to flush two weeks prior to harvest and I think you'll be groovy.

I don't believe all of the hype about strains; but then, I'm new to cannabis as medicine as well. I may look at a "low ryder" strain for the Phototron next, I may not. It's hard for me to believe any of it.

Sure the G13 Haze looks like an amazon, but maybe she'll end up being just like every strain I've vaped for the last year.

Smokers may be able to appreciate the nuanced phenotypes of various strains. This "Vaper"'s experience is that they all seem the same. **SACRILEGE!**

:allgood:

What *I* am going to do for this harvest is harvest half of it with well developed--but clear--trichomes. The other half will be harvested a week later. I'll then test and experiment mixing the two to see what affects are achieved--if any.

Back
Top Bottom