This is for anyone that has growing questions

Mr Deege. I have a concern that id like advice with.

So firstly this one darn plant keeps outgrowing all others. I think I may FIM it or something or tie it down. Can not decide.

But heres my big concern. So everything seems pretty healthy, n thats good. However they are all only a month old and they are all close to 2 feet. I was planning on keeping them indoors for 2 more months until its the end of summer so they dont fry (where I live its consistantly 90 and can hit 110 on bad days).

I dont care how tall they get TBH but my concern is they will outgrow the T5 lighting penetration. I have been clipping off lower leaves that seem less then ideal. However as the plants get taller this will probably become even more of an issue. I have a couple CFL that I can toss in but when should i? How many do I need if any?

Keep in mind this is for veg only not flowering.

Should I maybe try that screen technique to keep them all growing more evenly?

hey deege, how's it growing? OK so I have a quick question, I'm about one month into flower of my very first grow :) and I'm just wondering if you can offer any insight as too how long before I'm ready to harvest in your humble opinion. I've done my research and realize the colour of the trichomes, and yadda yadda, the only reason I'm asking this stupid newbie question is because I want to flush for 2 weeks for the cleanest product, so I'm wondering if there is any way to tell if I'm 2 weeks away or not. If not I want to continue with my nutes for maximum yield, but I don't want to cut myself short of an adequate flush period. I'm new to the site and I've uploaded photos, not sure where they go when you upload them.....guess I should probly figure that out first, maybe you can find them on my profile? Sorry I'm still learning how to navigate around the site

If you have a LOT of tricomes and they are about 50% clear 50% milky and maybe one amber here or there then you are around 2 weeks out.

You cant really give a timeframe period because while some plants flower in 7 weeks others flower in 14 weeks. Most are 9 weeks give or take a week though.

Dr Deege will have opinions though too.

BTW Dr Deege come check out my grow and tell me what you think of the stupid clones. This is round 3 and Imma be very sad if they dont work.

Thanks Jimmy, see it would be much more helpful if you could see my pics, without them this reply is basically pointless, I have great pics of what my buds look like right now as we speak, so maybe you can help me another way, so I went to the gallery section and uploaded my pics as per the instructions, how do I find them lol? If maybe you saw the pics you could be more specific with your observations. I can tell you the strains I'm working with at least, maybe that will help until I find my pics. I have a white widow X big bud, and a jock horror growing indoor, and a space queen/space Jill growing outdoor. The widow and jock have probly have half oz. main buds but the hairs are all still completely white, and trichomes are still forming and very clear, does this mean I'm still quite a ways away from harvest? I just can't imagine my fat buds getting any fatter, if I were to guess I'd say they still need lots of time, but just figured I'd seek a second opinion from a more experienced grower!

Thanks Jimmy, see it would be much more helpful if you could see my pics, without them this reply is basically pointless, I have great pics of what my buds look like right now as we speak, so maybe you can help me another way, so I went to the gallery section and uploaded my pics as per the instructions, how do I find them lol? If maybe you saw the pics you could be more specific with your observations. I can tell you the strains I'm working with at least, maybe that will help until I find my pics. I have a white widow X big bud, and a jock horror growing indoor, and a space queen/space Jill growing outdoor. The widow and jock have probly have half oz. main buds but the hairs are all still completely white, and trichomes are still forming and very clear, does this mean I'm still quite a ways away from harvest? I just can't imagine my fat buds getting any fatter, if I were to guess I'd say they still need lots of time, but just figured I'd seek a second opinion from a more experienced grower!

When you are replying or posting an comment you should see "My Photos" under the typing area and to the left. Click that and just click your photos.

It will be a popup window that comes up. So make sure you allow pop ups for this site.

IMG_20120809_120752.jpg
IMG_20120809_120907.jpg
IMG_20120809_120638.jpg
IMG_20120809_120401.jpg

they look great. But yeah they got some more to go.it looks like most the tricomes are clear or slightly wilky

You got about 3-5 weeks left from the looks of it. Itll be easier to tell in about 2 weeks.

BTW 1 week of flush is fine too, many get great smoke with 1 week. I plan on only doing 1 week with my babies maybe a week n a half.

Also going 24 maybe even 48 hours total dark for the last day or two befor harvesting is a great trick for indoor growers to get more tricomes.

Your best bbet IMHO would be to start flushing when it looks like its almost time to harvest. Like you got another week. Then if after a week they still need a few more days, just keep on flushing until its time to harvest.

Otherwise if you try and time it to give 2 full weeks and in 2 weeks they still arnt ready what do you do give it 3 weeeks flush? That is just asking for a sub par plant.

Once you grow your strain you will know more exactly how long they take to flower. But until then do the best you can. our first grows are more about learning then about growing the best pot the world has ever seen.

But yeah your plants are on their way and look to havee 3-5 weeks left.

Awesome man, thanks, I guess my concern was I didn't know how fast the trichomes will change colours, and I've read you have like a one to two week window to harvest for peak potency to prevent waiting too long and having all of them turn amber and have weed that will turn you into a vegetable and cause couch lock. If you think a one week flush is enough that alleviates my major concerns, I was attempting to time it just right for a two week flush, as a matter of fact I did a major flush 2 days ago, but I will carry on with my nutes now that I have a second opinion. Do you think I should use full strength aggressive feedings or cut back a bit at this stage to prepare for flushing? Or maybe full strength for a week, then cut back the following week, and then flush the rest of the time leading up to harvest? Sorry if these are stupid questions, I've done it all myself up until this point through countless hours/days/weeks of research

If i was in your shoes I would be going full blast, watering once every 4 days or so from the looks of it and every watering would be with as much nutes as I could safely give without causing problems or burning. Remember its the nutes that become the buds! Give it strong feedings as often as you can while still making sure that your soil drys out nicely inbetween. Then in about 2 weeks its time to consider preping for flushing and harvesting, so reavaluate then.

Well with my newly acquired knowledge I will do that, thanks for the info, I will keep you guys updated I want my buds to get so big they touch the ground :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom