This is for anyone that has growing questions

Mick use the 420mag uploader. For one its the rules and a forum mod will just delete your pics soon enough.

But also if you use the forums picture uploader the pics will be much bigger and right now I can hardly see anything in your pics as they are too small.

To upload pics you just click the gallery tab at the top of the web page. Then once on the new page you'll see upload photos on the right side. The rest should be easy enough.

oh i just realized you did do it that way Mick. they are just very small pics lol. Hold on ill zoom in to see if I can see anything lol.

Well your soil looks VERY wet for starters. Keep in mind I use the same exact soil as you. I think its for the most part over watered. Your soil with almost all plants should actually be totally dry on the top before you even think of watering again. Then you of course want to check deeper to see how it is. If the soil is anything but only slightly moist I would wait to water. You don't want it bone dry down deep of course but slightly under watering is always better then over watering.

If you want a good vegging water additive for the plant that is inexpensive but nice try alaskan fish fertalizer. Its about 6 bucks a quart or 15 bucks a gallon and both lowes and home depot have it. Its organic n natural, the 5-1-1 ratio is great for growth and its very easy to mix with water in a watering can.

I personally think your plants mostly just are over watered.

Like i said crappy pictures im sorry i will try and get some better ones up as soon as possible. Home depot here i come for my fish fert. Today is a nice sunny day and i hope it sucks some of the moisture out of the soil for me. I have taken pictures throughout the process of the growth so today i will start my journal which i think will be a tremendous help for me. I will let the mj dry today and try and post some better pics tomorrow for you. If it decides to rain for days again is there something i should do as in the way of covering them with something?

I have personally never had the problem of too much rain while gardening (i live in california). So I would just be tossing out some ideas. Its likely some google searching could teach you a better way to keep plants and their soil semi dry when its overly rainy.

Get those plastic sheets like grow houses are made from and essentially make a mini grow house dome over the plants. Just make them wide enough to not only cover the plant but to also cover a fair bit of the soil around it. Also make sure its the kind of plasic light gos through easily and won't block any of the needed spectrums.

looks like jimmy answerd most of this for ya... But I would def get them out of that garden. You Don't want your MJ plants to be getting inter twined roots. Also as far as rain, I built a DIY rain protecter and anytime it rains I put it over them. Just PVC and clear ceran wrap...take a look in my first journal I have pics of it on various pages

alright, I have 2 blueberry kush plants, 1 sensi kush, and 3 sour diesel which all have had 100% cloudy for almost two weeks now, how long till they are amber, under 1k hps light??? I want a minimum of 50/50

Mr Deege I am considering making a indoor flower room to accompany my current indoor veg room. I would most likely still do a few plants outside 2 times a year as well.

I would be going hydro or possibly aero as they seem liek far less work and mess. Plus the growth seems to be slightly easier to make explosive.

I like the DWC style or the NFT. However I do have problems with the DWC when done in separate buckets. It seems like too much work to be filling and maintaining a bunch of separate buckets. A single reservoir seems like a much more maintainable system.

What are your thoughts on the various choices?

I have a space where I would probably put a 4 by 8 grow tent to use as the room. The space could accommodate up to 12 by 5 though. Plus of course I already have my 4by 4 tent with 8 t5 bulbs, to use as a clone room/ veg room.

I have two questions i recently bought two seeds, sour diesel and 3 kings and im a first time grower i looked at a seed and it was slightly cracked going half way around the seed but when i started to soak it i saw it was white on the inside from the embryo i just wanted to knoe if it was still a healthy seed? And second its been a day and a half of pure soaking the seeds and still nothing should i be worried? What are some tips to help or speed up germination? And what can i look for to see if its working? Please help it will be greatly appreciated :)

Sour if the seed was cracked it is unlikely to germinate. If by some miracle it does still sprout it would most likely be a runt and not grow too well. Kinda like a baby who got the water broke in the womb far too early then had the umbilical cord wrapped around their neck during birth. Most likely itll be tough times ahead for the fella.

As for speeding up germination if the seeds are healthy they should show a taproot within days from the start of germination. Once they are firmly started in a growing medium you can add small amounts of b1 to help stimulate root growth.

Keep in mind the biggest mistakes of first time growers is over watering, under watering, and over fertalizing.

Oh thanks kinda depressing way of putting it haha but thank for the reply and no its been two days now of pure soaking and i recently switched to the pape towel method i have it sitting outside in about 90 degrees maybe is that to hot and should they have sproute by now?

Id bring them inside but put it by a window.

The big big big important thing about the towel method is you can not let the towel get dry. Don't need to soak it but keep it nice n damp.

Two you should see sprouting by day 4 or tomorrow.

However the cracked open seed as I said before is a goner.

Mr Deege I am considering making a indoor flower room to accompany my current indoor veg room. I would most likely still do a few plants outside 2 times a year as well.

I would be going hydro or possibly aero as they seem liek far less work and mess. Plus the growth seems to be slightly easier to make explosive.

I like the DWC style or the NFT. However I do have problems with the DWC when done in separate buckets. It seems like too much work to be filling and maintaining a bunch of separate buckets. A single reservoir seems like a much more maintainable system.

What are your thoughts on the various choices?

I have a space where I would probably put a 4 by 8 grow tent to use as the room. The space could accommodate up to 12 by 5 though. Plus of course I already have my 4by 4 tent with 8 t5 bulbs, to use as a clone room/ veg room.

i would go for something like Alaskan 1 has going. He has 1 res for a group of... 12? 8? plants. his seems to work well:thumb:

I have pretty exciting news there was a crack a day after I think I scuffed the see pretty good and soaked in warm water and I soaked it for another day and now I just planted it because I felt like it was the right time? It didn't establish a good hard tap root just a crack and a small point end and I'm keeping the soil damp

Back
Top Bottom