This strange insect?

volcomr

Hi,
I'm still looking for which is this insect, if anyone knows and can help me, I appreciate it.:high-five:

IMG_3943-2.jpg

IMG_39438.jpg

12804100_10208539144498421_1052447850_n.jpg

unknown Bug - YouTube

Yow. Do any of them have wings? Like the ones in the tray?

Do you see any damage on the leaves or stems of the plant?

Are the bugs living on the roots?

Wow seems like a serious infestation, make sure you clean EVERYTHING before starting the next run

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yow. Do any of them have wings? Like the ones in the tray?

Do you see any damage on the leaves or stems of the plant?

Are the bugs living on the roots?

iwltfum they do not have wings , I don't see any damage on the leaves and stems, I'm thinking that they live in the root, since I never see them only in the tray. I have some springtails too in the soil :\

iwltfum they do not have wings , I don't see any damage on the leaves and stems, I'm thinking that they live in the root, since I never see them only in the tray. I have some springtails too in the soil :\

I thought they were springtail larvae at first, but on closer inspection, they don't look exactly like any larvae that I've ever seen. I'm really not sure what you're dealing with, but I would probably spray something (like neem, insecticidal soap, mighty wash, ect) just to see what happens and any damage you do will be progress. That looks like a serious bug problem what I would not want to procrastinate dealing with.

ADDITION: Assuming you live in the US: If you're in a agricultural area (and if you live in a medical or legal state), you could collect some in a jar or a bag and go down to your local extension office and ask the extension agent. They should be able to tell you what it is. If your state is not legal or medical, then you could just mention that you found the bugs on your tomato starts or something.

iwltfum thanks for your respond,
Here is what I found is a Soil Mealy Bug (Rhizoecus americanue, root mealy bug, soilmealy bug). I am going to try some neem oil like soil drench.

Here are some info about it Factsheet

I thought they were springtail larvae at first, but on closer inspection, they don't look exactly like any larvae that I've ever seen. I'm really not sure what you're dealing with, but I would probably spray something (like neem, insecticidal soap, mighty wash, ect) just to see what happens and any damage you do will be progress. That looks like a serious bug problem what I would not want to procrastinate dealing with.

ADDITION: Assuming you live in the US: If you're in a agricultural area (and if you live in a medical or legal state), you could collect some in a jar or a bag and go down to your local extension office and ask the extension agent. They should be able to tell you what it is. If your state is not legal or medical, then you could just mention that you found the bugs on your tomato starts or something.

iwltfum thanks for your respond,
Here is what I found is a Soil Mealy Bug (Rhizoecus americanue, root mealy bug, soilmealy bug). I am going to try some neem oil like soil drench.

Here are some info about it Factsheet

Good find volcomr! :thumb:

Thanks for the update. From the little bit of reading I just did, they sound alot like aphids, which can do a good bit of damage in a short period of time. My advice would be to get those sorted out asap. It's probably near impossible to figure this out now, but I'm very curious as to how you ended up with them. Apparently they are usually brought into a growing area on a plant or in potting soil.

Back
Top Bottom